Schedule Stuff...

eball

When the calendar turns over to November I typically start looking at the upcoming schedule for teams the Bills are playing or competing with for a playoff spot.  Here are some interesting tidbits (at least to me):

-- next week Cleveland begins a 3-game homestand; the Thursday after playing the Bills they host the Steelers (huge rivalry game); at 2-6 they are probably already out of it but they will either view the Bills game as their "last chance" or overlook Buffalo with Pittsburgh coming to town

-- the Pats*** have a bye but then begin a 4-week stretch @Philly, Dallas, @Houston, and then KC; the AFC East is still up for grabs

-- Dallas plays @NE*** four days before hosting the Bills on Turkey Day (letdown game?)

-- the Steelers have made it to 4-4 and host the Rams next week, but then their next four are @Browns, @Bengals, Browns, @Cardinals before the Bills come to town; it's possible they are 7-6 and still "in the hunt" at that point

I think next week's game at Cleveland is truly a key to the season...win it and the Bills will be big favorites vs. Denver and @Miami with a truly legitimate shot to be 9-2 going to Dallas.

• Like (+1) 2

Cleveland has lost respect and they can gain that back by beating a 6-2 team. Same mentality Philly had.

Bills will get everything the Brown have. Gonna beca tough game. Offense is definitely needed for this game cause I think the Browns Offense will give us trouble....

4 minutes ago, eball said:

When the calendar turns over to November I typically start looking at the upcoming schedule for teams the Bills are playing or competing with for a playoff spot.  Here are some interesting tidbits (at least to me):

-- next week Cleveland begins a 3-game homestand; the Thursday after playing the Bills they host the Steelers (huge rivalry game); at 2-6 they are probably already out of it but they will either view the Bills game as their "last chance" or overlook Buffalo with Pittsburgh coming to town

-- the Pats*** have a bye but then begin a 4-week stretch @Philly, Dallas, @Houston, and then KC; the AFC East is still up for grabs

-- Dallas plays @NE*** four days before hosting the Bills on Turkey Day (letdown game?)

-- the Steelers have made it to 4-4 and host the Rams next week, but then their next four are @Browns, @Bengals, Browns, @Cardinals before the Bills come to town; it's possible they are 7-6 and still "in the hunt" at that point

I think next week's game at Cleveland is truly a key to the season...win it and the Bills will be big favorites vs. Denver and @Miami with a truly legitimate shot to be 9-2 going to Dallas.

It's early, but, I'm as worried about the Browns as I was the Eagles.  Two teams in desperation mode.  What makes me feel better about our chances on Sunday, even though we're on the road is Cleveland HC doesn't put an ounce of worry into you and the Browns don't have the experience that that Philadelphia does.  

I know we don't affect the outcome of games one iota a week before the game, but, too many here are counting this as a win, same as they did Philadelphia. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Cleveland has lost respect and they can gain that back by beating a 6-2 team. Same mentality Philly had.

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

It's early, but, I'm as worried about the Browns as I was the Eagles.  Two teams in desperation mode.  What makes me feel better about our chances on Sunday, even though we're on the road is Cleveland HC doesn't put an ounce of worry into you and the Browns don't have the experience that that Philadelphia does.  

The big difference between Cleveland and Philly in "desperation mode" is, well, just about everything.  Cleveland has literally nothing to draw upon to convince themselves they are anything but what they are -- a 2-6 football team that has "a lot of talent."

That said, there is talent on that roster -- I hope the Bills are able to start quickly and plant the seeds of doubt in their minds early.

Cleveland is a tank with an operator that hasn’t figured out how to use all the weapons in it yet.  

Good post OP, I like our chances if we keep winning and the Pats upcoming schedule looks rough.  Brady’s feet look slow to me and that Defense will have to face Watson and Mahomes coming up.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

The big difference between Cleveland and Philly in "desperation mode" is, well, just about everything.  Cleveland has literally nothing to draw upon to convince themselves they are anything but what they are -- a 2-6 football team that has "a lot of talent."

That said, there is talent on that roster -- I hope the Bills are able to start quickly and plant the seeds of doubt in their minds early.

Yes. If there’s any week to put up 25+ points it’s against Cleveland. 

Bills have only done done it once, fans thought they’d get 25+ against the skins.

Cleveland doesn’t seem to be on paper the potential threat that Philly was. Even if they play with desperation. But, they still have talent especially at rb! A definite weakness for our defense! Like they all say “ it’s tough to win in the NFL” or “any given Sunday “!

This team needs to take the next step offensively and actually play a full game. Maybe not necessarily to beat Cleveland, but with games coming up against Pittsburgh, Dallas, Baltimore and NE, we will need an effective offense to win. I thought we would need to score more than 24 points to beat Phil’s and actually it ended up being 31 but you can see my point here!

In short it really depends on how we play more than any of our opponents!!

41 minutes ago, eball said:

Kitchens may be fired with a loss to the Bills, no chance they look past us.

49 minutes ago, eball said:

tis that time ..    

I've been tracking this unofficially for a few weeks.  

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's going to be another closer than you think type game IMHO.

I don't know anyone who thinks the Bills are going to blow the Browns out.  That's just not how this team is built or operates.  They are doing just enough and winning ugly, and still figuring out what their identity is.  Cleveland may have more "paper" talent on their roster but the difference in organization and structure is night and day, which is why Buffalo should have a good chance to win what will likely be a relatively close game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I want to predict a Bills W, but right now I feel like Chubb is poised to go off on this Buffalo run D like Jay Ajayi a couple years back.

At least there’s a better chance this time the Bills will field eleven players.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013