Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think it is more that folks are cautious that struggling teams with enough talent seem to always have a game or two where they pull it together and are competitive.

Cleveland fits that mold. Just have to be sure one of their odd chance wins is not against our Bills.

I think we will be able to gauge what kind of day it is going to be pretty early. They are going to test us up the middle and if we can stone them and hang a score of two on them, they will have to rethink their game plan.

Otherwise I think it will become a bit of a run-heavy play action slugfest. I think this is going to be a very physical game and a penalty-fest. I do not have a hard time picturing Landry getting tossed.

I was watching the Eagles game and they threw a lot of misdirection at us in the run game at least until the second half(then the Bills defense was clearly gassed and they just ran strait up the middle).  It will be interesting to see what Cleveland does. They can try to pass on us but the Bills defense is very good at stopping that. I expect them to run but Buffalo has been good against the run mostly and not nearly as bad as Cleveland's run D. I expect to see both teams trying to exploit the run defense. Run and stop the run. Both teams will be doing that IMO. Cleveland I think is going to be more under the gun to make up the difference in the pass game is how I see it, and that is only going to play into Buffalo's hands.

Listening to their QB say they have to try to force the ball to OBJ though.... could be I'm off the mark here.  If that's their plan, they will go down just like they did against NE and San Fran. Buffalo is very good at neutralizing the pass game. Just don't see this as the game that we stumble on.  Gore and Singletary are going to feast. Alan has been working hard at his shorter routes and has been doing a pretty decent job. 3rd downs will be important, but I'm still seeing an advantage for Buffalo. Cleveland is going to struggle unless they can get their own run game rolling. Could happen, but most of the advantages are on our side.

BTW, I think Cleveland's problem with the pass game is that they do not have team players. OBJ would be doing better if the other WR's were downfield opening things up for him. You have to force the safeties into choosing who to cover. The way they are playing, we could very well end up with a couple of picks.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/11/8/20954278/crumbling-their-cookies-how-the-buffalo-bills-should-attack-the-cleveland-browns-analysis

Crumbling their cookies: how the Buffalo Bills should attack the Cleveland Browns

I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome the Buffalo Bills and traveling members of Bills Mafia to Cleveland.

I feel I’m suited to speak on behalf of the city given the fact that I make my residence here and am as embedded (you see what I did there?) in the community as someone who uses a pseudonym can be. This city shares an odd kinship with Buffalo not only because of their origin as waterway-based trade cities, but also because of their futility on the gridiron over the last 20 years. The teams each have lost seasons, bad draft picks, organizational dysfunction and national embarrassment to their name. The cold-weather joke similarities alone could bond two cities together.

Through it all, the fan bases of both teams have adopted an odd “enemy of my enemy is my friend” galvanization that makes me appreciate that, although I don’t live in western New York, I at least I live in a city with which Buffalo shares a kinship.

Not this week though.   ....  (cont'd) 

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I was watching the Eagles game and they threw a lot of misdirection at us in the run game at least until the second half(then the Bills defense was clearly gassed and they just ran strait up the middle).  It will be interesting to see what Cleveland does. They can try to pass on us but the Bills defense is very good at stopping that. I expect them to run but Buffalo has been good against the run mostly and not nearly as bad as Cleveland's run D. I expect to see both teams trying to exploit the run defense. Run and stop the run. Both teams will be doing that IMO. Cleveland I think is going to be more under the gun to make up the difference in the pass game is how I see it, and that is only going to play into Buffalo's hands.

Listening to their QB say they have to try to force the ball to OBJ though.... could be I'm off the mark here.  If that's their plan, they will go down just like they did against NE and San Fran. Buffalo is very good at neutralizing the pass game. Just don't see this as the game that we stumble on.  Gore and Singletary are going to feast. Alan has been working hard at his shorter routes and has been doing a pretty decent job. 3rd downs will be important, but I'm still seeing an advantage for Buffalo. Cleveland is going to struggle unless they can get their own run game rolling. Could happen, but most of the advantages are on our side.

BTW, I think Cleveland's problem with the pass game is that they do not have team players. OBJ would be doing better if the other WR's were downfield opening things up for him. You have to force the safeties into choosing who to cover. The way they are playing, we could very well end up with a couple of picks.

I thought that "force feed OBJ" comment interesting too. The problem they have had to date is that OBJ has been getting double-teamed, so I think establishing the run and forcing our safeties to have to respect that and not being able to keep a guy over top of OBJ would be part of their game plan.

They will also test Wallace as he has given up ground to physical receivers and has been susceptible over top to the double moves.

I have a feeling this game is going to do a number on my blood pressure.

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow. That would be a cool feat for this year’s team to pull off, easy schedule or not. 1965? That’s before many on this forum ( myself included) were even alive. 

"Well the first ninety years or so, they go by pretty fast...then one day you wake up and you realize you're not eighty-one anymore."

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Allen cracked me up, I don't want to throw to X (points to the left of the stadium) and have the pass go there (points to the right)...

Madden bends to the marketing of big city players. Trey White 16th best corner in the league - response from Trey "that's a disgrace".

He's not wrong they did him dirty in that game. They actually made him less accurate than he was last year in it.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Would love to disagree, but listing 6 teams that have a more consistent history of winning records and one that has a consistent history of choking...

I don't even think the over 30% that did not vote Bills were Buffalo fans, they just hated another team more.

Is what it is, you cannot force-change a narrative, just like the Allen hate on this board. If he keeps improving and winning they will gradually fade away, but if Allen regresses and this franchise has to hit the reset (again) they will finally have their day in the sun.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's not wrong they did him dirty in that game. They actually made him less accurate than he was last year in it.

I'm sorry, but it is kind of wild thinking about this from the player's perspective. Getting to play "you" in a game and with the other Bills players around you it has to be comical when Allen aims a pass at a streaking Smoke and it hits the camera man on the other side of the field. Would love me some reality TV watching the Bills players in that setting.

Too funny!

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I'm sorry, but it is kind of wild thinking about this from the player's perspective. Getting to play "you" in a game and with the other Bills players around you it has to be comical when Allen aims a pass at a streaking Smoke and it hits the camera man on the other side of the field. Would love me some reality TV watching the Bills players in that setting.

Too funny!

I purposely try to use a lot of Trips formations so that I can catch overthrown passes with other WR's in the area. 

Its laughable.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

No problem really with this.  Based on the question...ONE of the teams had to be chosen as a pretender.  Of the teams presented I would say the Bills are currently the bottom.  However, I don't actually think that means they are pretenders...just that based on the question and the choices, they would have to be the answer for the above.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

No problem really with this.  Based on the question...ONE of the teams had to be chosen as a pretender.  Of the teams presented I would say the Bills are currently the bottom.  However, I don't actually think that means they are pretenders...just that based on the question and the choices, they would have to be the answer for the above.

Agreed.  All of the teams listed are better than the Bills.  I don't think any of those teams - including the Bills - is a pretender.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They got a late TD and still needed to recover an onside kick ( practically impossible under new rules) to even have a chance. Almost doesn’t mean much. All of the Bills games were fairly close, some required comebacks and the MIA game wasn’t much different. They’ve played pretty consistent football. They’re really not good enough for a close game to mean they played down to anyone’s level. When they beat winning teams then falter and struggle vs a weak one, that would apply. 

If it weren’t for a couple big plays by TreDavious White we would have lost. I stand by it, Browns could be a trap game.

8 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

If it weren’t for a couple big plays by TreDavious White we would have lost. I stand by it, Browns could be a trap game.

If it wasnt for 218 rushing yards, we would've beat Philly.

Lol.....God I hate ur argument! Good players make good plays. 

• Like (+1) 1