Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

most important game in a long time for regular season. even tho browns are crap they have players. we have beaten only the worst of the worst this year. and a mediocre titans while they still had mariota. this would be a win vs a team with decent players for once this year

4 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

most important game in a long time for regular season. even tho browns are crap they have players. we have beaten only the worst of the worst this year. and a mediocre titans while they still had mariota. this would be a win vs a team with decent players for once this year

The Jets in W1 were a team with decent players...just ask ScottLaw. 

4 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I hardly see how beating a 2-6, downtrodden team that got blown out by that same Titans team you're knocking will somehow legitimize the Bills.

Of course, anyone knocking Buffalo for their weakness of schedule may also choose to acknowledge that they'd very likely be 7-1 had Josh not gotten hurt against NE. Almost no chance he doesn't punch it in from inside the 5 where Barkley couldn't.

• Like (+1) 2

BUFFALO BILLS: Team determined to show it's for real.

The Bills are 6-2, off to their best start since 1993, and they're tied for the second-best record in the AFC. But their six wins have come against teams with a combined record of 9-42. So, there's the rub.

Bills safety Micah Hyde isn't having it.

"I'm done apologizing for wins," Hyde said. "We're 6-2; this time last year, we were 2-6."

It has been a remarkable turnaround. Bills players seem to embrace head coach Sean McDermott's vision to control what they can control and make that their sole focus. It also seems likely Hyde's teammates will continue to rally around his sentiment.

"Listen, we know what we are, as far as record goes," said second-year quarterback Josh Allen. "We know we haven't played as well as we can, but to his point, it's a complete 180 from last year, night and day."

Allen went on to say the Bills' expectations inside their building are higher than anyone's on the outside.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Might deserve its own thread, but I'll just put this here:

https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/1191891315992252416 https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/1191891315992252416

I ❤️ me some 'Jish'

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

Smith plays hard with attitude, but has been a yellow hanky magnet.

Think he's been losing some reps to Kroft now that the foot issues are in the rear view (fingers crossed).

I posted about this elsewhere.  Smith has been running pretty steady on his reps before and after Kroft.

The guys who have been changing around the snap count are Kroft and Knox.

I posted about this IIRC in the Healthy scratch thread.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When you look at a football matchup to try to decide who has the edge, you usually look at three factors: Coaching, Quarterback, and Defense. I would say that ALL THREE of those factors currently go in Buffalo's favor. I'm not saying Josh Allen is better than Baker Mayfield, but he certainly has been PLAYING better than Baker the past few weeks. So coaching, quarterback, defense? Buffalo. 

And yet? I can't shake the feeling of a Bills loss this Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Might deserve its own thread, but I'll just put this here:

https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/1191891315992252416 https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/1191891315992252416

I ❤️ me some 'Jish'

I posted about this elsewhere.  Smith has been running pretty steady on his reps before and after Kroft.

The guys who have been changing around the snap count are Kroft and Knox.

I posted about this IIRC in the Healthy scratch thread.

Then I am going to lean with the refs were just chill during the Skins game.

My mistake regarding the reps. Because I did not hear Lee called for any penalties I lazily assumed he was just in on less snaps.

I guess Smith may also have had some extra coaching to cut down on the mental errors.

Time will tell if it sticks.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Then I am going to lean with the refs were just chill during the Skins game.

My mistake regarding the reps. Because I did not hear Lee called for any penalties I lazily assumed he was just in on less snaps.

I guess Smith may also have had some extra coaching to cut down on the mental errors.

Time will tell if it sticks.

All the guys reps bounce around, presumably depending upon specific plays called and that weeks game plan.  But while early in the season, Smith had several games with 50% of the snaps, over recent weeks it's been 31, 32%.  Smith had 2 penalties against Philly, none against Washington.

Kroft got 58% of the snaps against Philly, 17% against the Redskins.  Dawson Knox trended in the other direction: 45% against Philly, 76% against Washington.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Nah.

To conclude that, one would have to be looking ONLY at the two teams' records. A more in depth look shows that the Bills have likely been playing a bit above their talent level in terms of win total, while the Browns are under-performing, but have a supremely talented roster.

In my mind, losing an away game against a desperate opponent that has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and Denzel Ward would not be a surprise at all. In fact, I'm expecting it. 

They have a bunch of talented players.  We have a football team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This game worries me a bit more so then Eagles game. Browns do have some talent but at same time they have had a really schedule Plus Nick Chubb is a good RB.

I agree that it just has 'bills loss' all over it this one.

If the bills win then it's further evidence that mcdermott has them beating the teams they should beat and that he is doing a solid job at 7-2.

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I agree that it just has 'bills loss' all over it this one.

If the bills win then it's further evidence that mcdermott has them beating the teams they should beat and that he is doing a solid job at 7-2.

Not saying a Bill's lost. Hoping Browns don't come together and have another off week.