Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Browns are banged up on both sides of the ball. we are arguably fully healthy. They also have one of the worst coaches in the NFL. 

it would be utterly embarrassing if we don't win this game. 

jeeeez... you are new to this whole Bills fan bad karma thing right?

You never, ever flag fate this way.

30 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Browns are banged up on both sides of the ball. we are arguably fully healthy. They also have one of the worst coaches in the NFL. 

It's the NFL, so weird things happen week to week.

Vegas should have provided every motivation needed to the Bills with them being an underdog to the "Mistake by the Lake".

We shall see.

33 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Nah.

To conclude that, one would have to be looking ONLY at the two teams' records. A more in depth look shows that the Bills have likely been playing a bit above their talent level in terms of win total, while the Browns are under-performing, but have a supremely talented roster.

In my mind, losing an away game against a desperate opponent that has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and Denzel Ward would not be a surprise at all. In fact, I'm expecting it. 

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nah.

To conclude that, one would have to be looking ONLY at the two teams' records. A more in depth look shows that the Bills have likely been playing a bit above their talent level in terms of win total, while the Browns are under-performing, but have a supremely talented roster.

In my mind, losing an away game against a desperate opponent that has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and Denzel Ward would not be a surprise at all. In fact, I'm expecting it. 

They are more talented, but also with major holes at coaching, QB and OL. 

I'm getting a bit sick of this narrative that Cleveland is sooo above and beyond our talent level. 

They have star names at the sexy positions, but we have a much better defense and a better OL, along with better coaching and QB who is progressing instead of regressing.

• Like (+1) 3

This game feels like arguably the biggest of the season.  The Browns are down on the mat, we have a chance to step on their throats.  This win puts a 9-2 start into play which would almost certainly puts us in the playoffs.  A loss puts huge pressure on the Miami / Denver games has this season could turn sideways quick if we head into those final 5 games at 7-4.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

56 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

If it weren’t for a couple big plays by TreDavious White we would have lost. I stand by it, Browns could be a trap game.

If it weren’t for the plays made by the winning team’s players the winning team would not have won. 

Profound

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nah.

Uh No-supremely! Really?They have huge holes in non-sexy, non fantasy football areas. Need to look deeper at the roster. 

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They are more talented, but also with major holes at coaching, QB and OL. 

I'm getting a bit sick of this narrative that Cleveland is sooo above and beyond our talent level. 

They have star names at the sexy positions, but we have a much better defense and a better OL, along with better coaching and QB who is progressing instead of regressing.

You'd think they were the 70s Steelers, 80s 49ers and 90s Cowboys all wrapped in one! They have alot of holes.

• Like (+1) 2

I really have no idea how this one is gonna go so I won’t be making a prediction, but I’ll say this: if the Bills can’t go win a game like this I have a hard time seeing them winning a playoff game this year.  This game seems like that kind of test.  They’ll make the playoffs, I expect, but I’m hoping the ceiling is a bit bigger than that this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

This is the game John Brown finally breaks out. Over 150 yards and 2+ TD's!

It would be a great talking point all week if Allen goes off for 350 total yards and 3 TDs with some big plays to Brown while Mayfield implodes. 

I have no clue how this game is going to go, but capitalizing on an early Browns turnover could make this a fun game to watch 

I have a feeling that Singletary/Beasley/the TE's are going to be where the big plays come from this week. The Cleveland LBs appear to be struggling right now and the safeties are a weak spot. 

Love me some John Brown, but Ward looks like a bad match up for him. I wouldn't be surprised if his streak of 50+ yard games ends Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

...safe to say (IMO) that all of the laudatory "Browns Are SB Contenders" articles were and remain "fools gold".....at 2-6, they'd have to run the table for a WC spot...they're bickering and Kitchens is a green horn......hate playing wounded animals though who are unpredictable......-3 at home (FG nod) would be the usual......forget dissecting the line and play the damn game....17-14 Bills, with Money coming through in the clutch despite Lake Erie winds......

36 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Uh No-supremely! Really?They have huge holes in non-sexy, non fantasy football areas. Need to look deeper at the roster. 

I'm familiar with their roster.

Their defense has talent in the front 7 and the secondary. Ogunjobi and Garrett on the line, Denzel Ward and Demarious Randall in the secondary. Their offense has two excellent receivers and a quarterback who -- despite his recent struggles -- is still a talented player that can make all the throws. Their backfield of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt should be formidable. The Bills recent vulnerabilities to inside zone runs does not bode well for this game, because the Browns have JC Tretter at center, who is more than capable, and who will be paving the way for the aforementioned running backs.

I already said the Bills are a better TEAM than the Browns. I stick by my statement, however, that the Browns have a ton of talent on the roster.

The notions that the Bills should be big favorites, or that there's "no way they should lose to this team" are erroneous, in my opinion. YMMV.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm familiar with their roster.

Their defense has talent in the front 7 and the secondary. Ogunjobi and Garrett on the line, Denzel Ward and Demarious Randall in the secondary. Their offense has two excellent receivers and a quarterback who -- despite his recent struggles -- is still a talented player that can make all the throws. Their backfield of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt should be formidable. The Bills recent vulnerabilities to inside zone runs does not bode well for this game, because the Browns have JC Tretter at center, who is more than capable, and who will be paving the way for the aforementioned running backs.

I already said the Bills are a better TEAM than the Browns. I stick by my statement, however, that the Browns have a ton of talent on the roster.

The notions that the Bills should be big favorites, or that there's "no way they should lose to this team" are erroneous, in my opinion. YMMV.

As I said they have huge holes in non-sexy places. That means they're not supremely talented.