Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With Mariota at QB no less. 

Titans #8 D

Browns #20 D

Titans #23 on O despite QB follies

Browns #26

I mean, look, @atlbillsfan1975, talent is as talent does.  They're worse than the Titans in some important categores - like points given up and scored.

Do we care about statistics generally, or only when they're bad about our Bills?

I’m looking at the previous production on Cleveland and it’s not there this year. I hope it stays that way. I just don’t want to see Cleveland get out to a lead. Granted Kitchens is no Doug Pederson. I don’t fear the play calling abilities with Cleveland, but they have play makers on offense and defense. I hope the Bills beat the Browns soundly, but not counting on it. I believe my eyes more than stats. Stats are helpful but not the only thing. If it was just about stats anyone who can read them would be good at coaching or scouting or picking players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Roger that!  Do they actually not know, or do you think it's just a ploy?

Even stuff like answering a question about the redzone, saying "their QB can scramble".  Well, yes, he can, but none of his rush TDs have been scrambles.

Strange.

They are just not a very detailed oriented bunch. I don’t think it’s a ploy. 

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You must have the teams flipped?  Week 1 vs Jets, week 2 vs Giants.

Point being, both of those plus the 1 yd sneaks were designed runs, not scrambles, correct?

:oops:   COPY PASTE ERROR 

I don't know if the non 1 yarders   were designed or not   Sorry Hap 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

For the first time in as long as I can remember the Bills play on the same day as my soccer team over here in the UK.

I get to take my son to the soccer then back home in the warmth to watch the game. 

Will put a lovely pot of chicken and potato curry on the slow cooker before we go to soccer so we can tuck in as the Bills do the business. 

Must be a fair number of Bills fans going to this one?

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Lot of people are worried about losing do to the Brown's run game. I think they have it backwards. The Browns 30th ranked run defense is going to lose do to the Bill's rushing game. They won't be able to stop it.

Due tell.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, GG said:

I’m not sure that’s an attempted pump fake because he doesn’t need the CB to bite on the fake and Foster already has his guy beat.  That’s a prime example of Allen hesitating for a split second.  If he releases at the initial pump, there’s a good chance for a long gain.

Definitely a pump fake: not for the CB but for the underneath S (or nickel) to bite on a IR out. Maybe wrong, but just my $.02.

4 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

They aren't to worried about an offense that doesn't score with big plays. Its a lot easier to defend an offense that trys to score on 10 plays versus an offense that is explosive and uses a lot of big plays. 

IMO if the Bills are going to win this game they need to be more aggressive on offense with big yard plays. On defense they need to blitz Mayfield cause if the Bills can't get to Mayfield he will be able to make plays. 

His passer rating is worse when you give him time to throw

5 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Still think we are gonna shock the world and upset the Browns this week.

That’s what sucks about this. This should be a “trap game” for the Bills. But at 6-2 we have to prove our worth against a dysfunctional 2-6 team.

Yet again,  if we win it was “just the (fill in the blank awful team)”. 

If  we lose, “the Bills lost to the awful Browns. They are who we thought they were.” 

No win situation. 

Unfortunately, I don’t disagree with the line. Chubb might run for 175. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

That’s what sucks about this. This should be a “trap game” for the Bills. But at 6-2 we have to prove our worth against a dysfunctional 2-6 team.

Yet again,  if we win it was “just the (fill in the blank awful team)”. 

If  we lose, “the Bills lost to the awful Browns. They are who we thought they were.” 

No win situation. 

Unfortunately, I don’t disagree with the line. Chubb might run for 175.

Oh, Horseradish.  If we win, we get the "W".  On to Miami.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL "And he's accurate"

Am I reading in the element of surprise there?

I was gonna say, I know the other team usually talks us up a bit; but "And he's accurate?"   Maybe within 15 yards, but past that forget it.

What is the element of surprise...that Josh is going to be accurate throwing the long ball?