Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

My gut is usually correct about the Bills. I think we win and make a statement this weekend. 

The response to that statement will be.......”they are 2-7, we were supposed to beat them!”. 

My gut also has a feeling....the same queasy feeling I get every week. The Browns are designed to run the ball, and they get Hunt back. We......have to hope the tire fire continues at least one more week! Let dysfunction reign!!! (Please?) 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Augie said:

The response to that statement will be.......”they are 2-7, we were supposed to beat them!”. 

My gut also has a feeling....the same queasy feeling I get every week. The Browns are designed to run the ball, and they get Hunt back. We......have to hope the tire fire continues at least one more week! Let dysfunction reign!!! (Please?) 

That may be the response, but we all know if the Bills go in their house and beat the tar out of them then it’s a statement. 

2 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

That may be the response, but we all know if the Bills go in their house and beat the tar out of them then it’s a statement. 

OH, I’ll think that, and you may think that, but for some others..........they blow, so we do too. 

Beating the tar out of teams is not our style, yet. I hope it becomes our style, and soon! 

They are a talented team, and I fear they wake up at home against us. Of course, I get like this every week, so..... 

I honestly hope that Singletary can be a real game changer. You don’t see guys like him every week. I hope he continues to impress! 

• Like (+1) 1

I think McDermott will find a way to "fix" the run D. I'm not nearly as concerned as others about that aspect of this game. As a matter of fact, I'm not really even all that concerned about run D in general. Keep yourself in the middle of the pack and you're fine. You saw last week that a team can run all day and not score points if the passing game isn't working.

The Bills have been very good against the pass, but they've also faced some very weak QB's.

Mayfield is a guy who plays MUCH better when he's got a clean pocket. Night and day different. My concern with this game, as with any in which we're facing a competent QB, is generating pressure and forcing QB's into bad decisions. Failed pretty miserably against Wentz if we're being honest. We just played a BAD offense with a raw, rookie QB and didn't force a single turnover. That's more concerning than the run D.

I actually think the defense can afford to give up a "decent" amount of yardage on the ground........IF they come through with heat on the QB when they earn themselves a 3rd and 5 plus. 

Everyone super concerned over the return of Kareem Hunt need to pump the brakes...

Look at the teams/RBs the Bills have already faced so far his season. They’ve held up relatively well against them all, with the exception of some bone head missed assignments and tackles when, quite frankly, they had the RBs dead to rights. 

Nick Chubb is, and has been, a top back in the league this season. He is a big and strong player, much resembling AP in style. If you should be concerned about anyone in the run game, it’s him. 

Kareem hasn’t played ball in over a year. How many touches do you really think he’ll get? Are they going to take away the ball from their best player to give it to a guy who hasn’t shown squat since playing with Andy Reid’s fire power offense? 

Humans tend to have an irrational fear of the unknown, and for some reason, it’s always amplified when is comes to the Bills

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Hunt coming back scares me. I'm scared every week this team plays though, I'm 29 and don't remember the glory years. Yeah yeah boo hoo life sucks.. anyways singeltary has another big day bills 24 brownies 17

I hope he takes touches away from Chubb.  The Browns have a too many mouths to feed and it's a problem.  My main concern is Jarvis Landry against Levi Wallace.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am pretty worried about this game. I think we will get beat pretty good. Browns are so unpredictable/inconsistent; they may get up for this game and they will have both Chubb and Hunt. 

Hope I am wrong! 

:lol:

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Everyone super concerned over the return of Kareem Hunt need to pump the brakes...

Look at the teams/RBs the Bills have already faced so far his season. They’ve held up relatively well against them all, with the exception of some bone head missed assignments and tackles when, quite frankly, they had the RBs dead to rights. 

Nick Chubb is, and has been, a top back in the league this season. He is a big and strong player, much resembling AP in style. If you should be concerned about anyone in the run game, it’s him. 

Kareem hasn’t played ball in over a year. How many touches do you really think he’ll get? Are they going to take away the ball from their best player to give it to a guy who hasn’t shown squat since playing with Andy Reid’s fire power offense? 

Humans tend to have an irrational fear of the unknown, and for some reason, it’s always amplified when is comes to the Bills

So much this it isn't funny. The browns are 2-6 for a reason.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I hope he takes touches away from Chubb.  The Browns have a too many mouths to feed and it's a problem.  My main concern is Jarvis Landry against Levi Wallace.  

Landry is in slot primarily so not matched up on Levi