Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thankfully, our red zone success has made up for some of our other knuckleheadedness, but boy we don’t make it easy. Glad they make it count when they get there. 

I know part of it was due to it being the first game of the year and there isn’t a lot of tape on what you plan to do at that point, but WTH happened to all those shifts, motions, and multiple looks on offense from the jets game? I was impressed with the creativity there. Allen had some unfortunate turnovers and they went away from it ever since. Ravens had all sorts of motions and shifts last night (and assuming their other games are similar), and it seemed to work fine for them. ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion that Daboll is a good play caller, but "take him over Gase or Kitchens"?  That's kind of a low bar, don't you think?

FWIW I think this quote about Daboll from a Cover1 article by Fernando Schmude pretty well has it right:
Overall, he called a good game, but surely, just like his QB and the rest of the offense, he’s still a work in progress. He needs to find a balance between being aggressive and conservative in his calls, and take advantage of the multifaceted potential of this offense, using it according to their opponents’ strengths and weaknesses.

I think that Cover 1 comment is reasonable. I think Daboll is trending toward what that commenter says, with some mistakes.

But that moderate opinion is far from the calls to fire Daboll by so many in these discussions, and those who call him "Dumboll." Those guys seem to me to be arrogant and unwarranted.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Getting a bit scared with all the negativity surrounding the Browns. Feels like things can go only two ways. They band together and come out with a great effort against the Bills - We will show the world moment. Or, they just completely implode.

I think, as with any game really but more so this week, a few early turnovers for either team will decide this game. If the Bills can get a pick 6 or a special teams mistake early and get up a couple of scores, the Browns might just fold.

Already saw the end of that movie with the Eagles game. Hopefully this one turns out different and the Bills can bury the Browns for good. This is a pretty big game. Barring a massive fallout, win this game and it's pretty tough not to get a wild card... Lose, and ehhh dont want to think about that.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

this was a good fill by Edmunds IMO. Taron just needs to make that play. McD says it all the time...gap integrity. Tremaine came downhill to fill his gap. 

Exactly. This is the design of the defense. People want to assume that every successful play is somehow Edmund’s fault.  (Or Star’s fault) Not the case, rarely is.  

it's a bit depressing to be 6-2 and have the best start since '93 and most fans aren't even confident in beating the miserable 2-6 Browns. we aren't even favorited in the game which is hilarious. 

Edited by Tesla03
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

it's a bit depressing to be 6-2 and have the best start since '93 and most fans aren't even confident in beating the miserable 2-6 Browns. we aren't even favorited in the game which is hilarious. 

You find that depressing?

I find it hilarious 

29 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

I’m pretty happy to be 6-2 and I’m never confident about any game so that’s nothing new. If they win great. If not, on to the next at 6-3. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Anyone else going to the game?  I'm driving up from Columbus and expecting it to be 33% - 40% Bills fans.  Ticket prices on the secondary market have really come down as a result of the Browns recent performance.

I can’t Make it but hope it’s a takeover. I heard some browns fan call in to the radio urging fans to sell their tix in protest to the organization 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sharp money has already moved this up to Browns -3. Not sure I remember a 2-6 team favored over a 6-2 team. I like this game about as much as I liked the Eagles game. An L is not the end of the world, but at this point, I expect one. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Sharp money has already moved this up to Browns -3. Not sure I remember a 2-6 team favored over a 6-2 team. I like this game about as much as I liked the Eagles game. An L is not the end of the world, but at this point, I expect one. Hope I'm wrong.

It was Browns -2.5, they weren't even getting the home field advantage spread.  If i thought the Browns would squeak this game out, I'd jump all over a 2.5 point spread.

I think the Bills will take this game; the Browns are a collection of big names and talent, not really a team that is held together by the coach.  The Browns lost to Brandon Allen lead Broncos, who made his first career start in three seasons of being a backup.

I get the feeling this game will be a pivotal point for the Bills development if we win.  Cleveland is 2-6 but they have so much individual talent that they are expected to win.  

This is the week I really want to see a complete game by all facets of the team.  

39 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Anyone else going to the game?  I'm driving up from Columbus and expecting it to be 33% - 40% Bills fans.  Ticket prices on the secondary market have really come down as a result of the Browns recent performance.

I’m thinking more like 15-20%.... either way should be a good turnout and hopefully when the clock hits 00:00 there’s a ton of Bills fans congregated in the first 15 rows chanting the shout song!

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t Make it but hope it’s a takeover. I heard some browns fan call in to the radio urging fans to sell their tix in protest to the organization 

The cost of tickets in that stadium to watch a crap team is pretty unbelievable. I’d consider a protest as well....even nose bleeds in the endzones are $95. That’s nuts for how crappy they have been 

Edited by Stank_Nasty