Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Denver doesn’t look so easy now, but maybe after there’s some film on the QB. The game looked much better with Flacco at QB. 

The Bills will have a few weeks of tape on Allen before Denver comes to town.  Allen won't have the success vs Buffalo like he did vs the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

Getting a bit scared with all the negativity surrounding the Browns. Feels like things can go only two ways. They band together and come out with a great effort against the Bills - We will show the world moment. Or, they just completely implode.

I think, as with any game really but more so this week, a few early turnovers for either team will decide this game. If the Bills can get a pick 6 or a special teams mistake early and get up a couple of scores, the Browns might just fold.

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Getting a bit scared with all the negativity surrounding the Browns. Feels like things can go only two ways. They band together and come out with a great effort against the Bills - We will show the world moment. Or, they just completely implode.

I think, as with any game really but more so this week, a few early turnovers for either team will decide this game. If the Bills can get a pick 6 or a special teams mistake early and get up a couple of scores, the Browns might just fold.

They blasted the Ravens in their game against them so they definitely have the talent to do so...the problem is they are simply an undisciplined, fractured and poorly coached team led by a coach who is in far far over his head.

Not saying this means the Bills are going to win, just saying what their problems are.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

They blasted the Ravens in their game against them so they definitely have the talent to do so...the problem is they are simply an undisciplined, fractured and poorly coached team led by a coach who is in far far over his head.

Not saying this means the Bills are going to win, just saying what their problems are.

I guess we'll get an answer to that question about talent versus culture....

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Edmunds crashing straight ahead without regard to where the ball carrier is going.

this was a good fill by Edmunds IMO. Taron just needs to make that play. McD says it all the time...gap integrity. Tremaine came downhill to fill his gap. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

this was a good fill by Edmunds IMO. Poyer just needs to make that play. McD says it all the time...gap integrity. Tremaine came downhill to fill his gap. 

Correct. Edmunds filled his gap responsibility, I think that's actually Johnson who needs to make the tackle. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion that Daboll is a good play caller, but "take him over Gase or Kitchens"?  That's kind of a low bar, don't you think?

FWIW I think this quote about Daboll from a Cover1 article by Fernando Schmude pretty well has it right:
Overall, he called a good game, but surely, just like his QB and the rest of the offense, he’s still a work in progress. He needs to find a balance between being aggressive and conservative in his calls, and take advantage of the multifaceted potential of this offense, using it according to their opponents’ strengths and weaknesses.

Fair enough.  It is an extremely low bar.  I used Tase because the media seems to have a love affair with him as being a quarterback whisperer.  He was fortunate enough to have been with Manning.  Look at his record with all other QB's.  Kitchens because he got the job as HC last year after great strides with Mayfield.  Mayfield looks rough this season s well as Cleveland.  I think Daboll has done a great job with what many believed to be a very unpolished talent at the QB position.  In all of his other stops he has had crap to work with at the QB position.  Nothing in the games he is calling leads me to believe he is the failure of this offense.  I am not saying Daboll can't improve but to put the blame of the offense solely on play calling is absurd when we are constantly trying to convert 2nd and longs and third and longs from presnap penalties.  Additionally as much of a fan boy I am of Josh Allen I can admit he needs to make the strides on offense himself.  The offensive line needs to step up as well.  The fact that we couldn't get Frank Gore in the end zone on 3 tries up the middle I don't put on play calling.  That is on the offensive line.  We brought in big boys and they need to get the job done.  

Don't interpret my post as not wanting to see more of the offense.  I think we are close to putting it together and it would be nice to see some solid passing.  I just didn't expect that the last two weeks with the weather/wind.  Hopefully in Cleveland we keep the pre snap penalties down and the offense can deliver more.  That being said I will take a win no matter how ugly over the Browns.

5 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

yes! again, a lot ISN'T play calling, its execution (just like the players have been saying).

However, the third and 4th down and 1 play calling was uninspired, tried ramming gore right up their gut from power formation almost every short yardage situation. Be creative.

Agreed