Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

A part of me wants to call you all off the ledge. Did any of you think we wouldn’t win after we stopped them on the their 1st Drive, then went the distance on a TD Drive? There were still 55ish minutes to play and this game was over.

The other part of me says “JUMP, SUCKERS!”

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The reason this is a tricky match up is that the Browns have a lot of talent. What they lack is structure, organisation, scheme, leadership and humility.

I just hope they aren't able to put it all together against Buffalo... 

They were able beat the Ravens 40-25 @ Baltimore with RB Chubb going 20 for 165, 3 TDs and this against a very good run defense team. 

24 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Offense is near the bottom of the league in most categories. Against a historically easy schedule.

But all is well because only 4 teams scored over 30 points this week.

Phhht

Bills O is ranked 23rd

Brown's D is ranked 18th

Probably a push

The game will be won by how the Bills D, ranked 3rd does vs. the Browns O, ranked 19th

There is no switch that can be flipped to make the Bills offense turn into some high scoring team.

What CAN happen in the 2nd half of this season is some incremental improvements.

Offense, Defense and Special Teams all need to get better and I'm sure the players and coaching staff all know it.

The Cleveland Browns game most likely will be another hard fought NFL game.

It could easily come down to a play of two and which team wants the win more.

I'm planning on watching it!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Anyone else concerned about Levi Wallace getting torched by Landry?  I'm assuming Beckham will be followed by White all game

Not sure Landry will be lined up outside at all as he plays out of slot in most of their formations.  Taron or Kevin Johnson, Marlowe or Neal will be asked to handle him in that case

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Cleveland Browns game most likely will be another hard fought NFL game.

It could easily come down to a play of two and which team wants the win more.

I'm planning on watching it!

They better have a pass rush/plan for Baker.   Like all QBs, he's effective when given time and has the receivers to do a lot of damage.     

The Brownies are a wounded animal right now and have nothing to lose anymore.    We have to take away any hope they might have early, but that's just not how this Bills team is built...

• Like (+1) 1

I hope someone decks Landry. We owe him two good hits. We don’t really have any junk yard dogs on defense though to rough him up a bit so it won’t happen. Just like it never happens with Edelman. Only difference is I think Edelman genuinely is a tough player. Landry is a fake tough guy. 

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They better have a pass rush/plan for Baker.   Like all QBs, he's effective when given time and has the receivers to do a lot of damage.     

The Brownies are a wounded animal right now and have nothing to lose anymore.    We have to take away any hope they might have early, but that's just not how this Bills team is built...

That would be a good way to start.

My post was more sarcasm when I said "I plan on watching the game" because no one knows what's going to happen until it does.

It's what I like about football. 

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is going to be a brawl...bank on that.

37 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I hope someone decks Landry. We owe him two good hits. We don’t really have any junk yard dogs on defense though to rough him up a bit so it won’t happen. Just like it never happens with Edelman. Only difference is I think Edelman genuinely is a tough player. Landry is a fake tough guy. 

Fingers crossed they run some kind of stunt play and he has a meeting with Phillips, J. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

In what way? They will be 6-3 like the ravens, Chiefs, Texans and still in strong playoff contention. Browns will be 3-6 and still not going to the playoffs. The Bills season won’t be over and the Browns season won’t be saved.

Was totally a sarcastic post , predicting the inevitable reaction from the doomsayers on the board. A win vs Browns would be “ meh” and a loss, well you know the rest. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Fingers crossed they run some kind of stunt play and he has a meeting with Phillips, J. 

Was it just me, or did anyone else think Phillips was going to get a flag for hitting the QB so hard. It was legal and clean, I’m just getting preconditioned to expect a flag for stuff like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns have been a mistake-prone team.

The Bills will get their chance as the Browns are better at beating themselves as the Bills are at beating themselves.

The Bills patience in this one will go a long ways towards a comfortable win.

The Bills seem to be much better organized away from home.

We shall see.

9 minutes ago, stony said:

Was it just me, or did anyone else think Phillips was going to get a flag for hitting the QB so hard. It was legal and clean, I’m just getting preconditioned to expect a flag for stuff like that. 

Can never tell these days, but man that was an awesome hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns -2.5

Browns winless at home

Bills undefeated on the road 

So wait.  The Bills are 2.5 point Dogs to the Browns?

" In the early odds for Week 10, the Browns have opened as a 2.5-point home favorite over the Bills, and no, that is not a typo: The 2-6 Browns are actually favored this week to beat the 6-2 Bills."

Wow.  Just....Wow.  I hope our Bills find that motivational.

• Like (+1) 1

Browns running game scares me.  We need to be able to stop the run.  I'd put Tre 1 on 1 with OBJ and pack the LOS area and bring a Safety down every now and then.  Stop running plays, and blitz Baker and actually get a few sacks/forced INT's. 

Edited by RyanC883