Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MikeSpeed said:

Not for me it won't be. If we beat the Browns, even though they have been bad, it may just change my attitude about this season. I am serious when I say this is the type of game we normally blow. So winning this game will without a doubt have a positive effect on me.

Yeah. Hopefully the bills don't lay an egg as soon as they are favourites. 

54 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They could start by scoring in the *gasp* 30s for once.

I think they're getting close.  24 points on Offense with no points off turnovers against Washington with windy conditions.

If we ever decide to hit on a deep ball or play offense in 3rd quarters, we just may start seeing that.

Very interested to see this offense against Cleveland, with Singletary as our established feature back.  He won't be taking anyone by surprise on Sunday, but now he also needs to be game planned for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

So now they have to score points in a specific way.  If they score 30 next week you’ll say they have to score 30 with just passing.

Some around here refuse to enjoy a successful team.

Please keep up. The subject is the offense. It’s simply not good enough to win 11 or more games. An NFL offense scoring 30 points shouldn’t be as rare as a golden tiger sighting.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So now they have to score points in a specific way.  If they score 30 next week you’ll say they have to score 30 with just passing.

Some around here refuse to enjoy a successful team.

The Bills not only covered the spread yesterday with 5 points to spare but they beat the skins by more (15) than their average margin of loss (12). I don’t know if people want 30 point victories but that’s not normal in the NFL. This wasn’t Clemson - Wofford. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Name me a team that was 2-6 then made the playoffs.

While it does not happen very often (hardly at all),  it has happened

The KC Chiefs 2015 were once in the dregs and had 10 wins straight to put them into the playoffs 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2015.htm

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

5 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

They did vs Miami.  Watch much?

Oh no.  They have to score in a very specific manner.  Only scores where Allen fades back and throws a ball 60 yards into the air that lands like a butterfly with sore feet into the waiting arms of Foster will now be acceptable as scores for the Bills.  Any others will be counted as touchbacks with the ball given back to the opposing team.

Also, any further victories against teams with a losing record will only be counted as half a victory. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

27 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Anyone else concerned about Levi Wallace getting torched by Landry?  I'm assuming Beckham will be followed by White all game

Some concern. They go for it a lot on 4th down as well so that is a worry as we have been good at holding teams to field goals. And the run game with chubb. Want to see what we can do on offence. 

Edited by london_bills

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So the minimum acceptable perfomance is scoring on every possession?

Why shouldn't that be the standard for the Bills????   I'm sure that Belichick and Co have that standard for the Pats.   I'm sure that that's what Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, Sean McVay, Frank Reich, and Doug Pedersen expect from their offenses?   Why do the Bills FO/HCs accept mediocrity as "good enough" -- and so many of their fans applaud them for it?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

The one thought that keeps sticking in my head is Myles Garrett taking Trevor Siemian down late and snapping his ankle. With Josh trying to extend plays and the Browns being clearly frustrated, I am concerned the late hits could take their toll eventually. The line better come ready to play and I am completely fine with one personal foul penalty if someone goes at Josh late and Feliciano wants to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Talk to Dabol about that because he is calling a ball control game plan. We scored on every possession in the first half and only had 17. And I think Dabol's playcalling is what's wrong on the 3Q.

It's Jauron ball, and it's been McDermott's style since he became HC. Play not to lose.  Don't take many chances and especially not big chances.   Daboll either shares McDermott's philosophy or has adapted to it.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It's Jauron ball, and it's been McDermott's style since he became HC. Play not to lose.  Don't take many chances and especially not big chances.   Daboll either shares McDermott's philosophy or has adapted to it.

So far it has worked but not so sure it will continue to work against teams that have good offenses. At some point you have to take chances to win in this league. The best teams always do. I am not talking about going for it in 4th and 1 in the other teams end. I would love to see more big yard plays. Most teams don't try to score with 10 play drives all the time. 

My worry is it won't change cause it doesn't fit into McDermott's ball control philosophy. Just once it would be nice to see a modern offense in Buffalo. You can't rely on a good defense forever cause history has shown its hard to keep a good defense together for a long period of time. 

15 minutes ago, SoTier said:

"Jauron ball" runs those plays from 1st and goal at the 2 in the first quarter?

You guys crack me up.  No, McD is not some crazily aggressive coach but he's also not playing "not to lose."  People keep forgetting that this offense is brand new and it takes time to develop an identity.

• Like (+1) 1