Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

We have 3 big concerns in this game. OBJ, Chubb and Miles Garrett.  I believe that if we can shut these 3 down early, they will continue to fall apart. We want to extend the dysfunction, not give them a get well game.  

Agreed

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They could start by scoring in the *gasp* 30s for once.

They did two weeks ago against the Fish

Well the Browns are 2.5 point favorites.  Perception clearly is that the Browns are pretty good at 2-6, and the Bills are not nearly as good as their record. Should be a fun game, as no way the Browns make the playoffs with 6 losses already.

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Shocked that Cleveland can be favored in this one...The only chance Browns have to win this one is if Allen turns the ball over, and they somehow all of the sudden turn into a disciplined football that doesn't make any mistakes.  Truly a mind-boggling spread.

They're not.  Bills are favored.

Edit: Wait, they're favored?!?  I am surprised as well.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They could start by scoring in the *gasp* 30s for once.

Talk to Dabol about that because he is calling a ball control game plan. We scored on every possession in the first half and only had 17. And I think Dabol's playcalling is what's wrong on the 3Q.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But earlier in the year he was money in those situations. So what changed? Gore feeling his age? Line not making holes? Predictable playcalling?

Joe B addressed it in his 7 observations, and put it squarely on Daboll.  He faulted the OC for calling the plays straight into Redskins' strength up the middle.  Fair point to question bashing head against the wall after they got stoned at the goal line several times

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So the minimum acceptable perfomance is scoring a touchdown on every possession?

FIFY

And of course at least 6 INTs by our D, three of which are pick 6s, two blocked punts, and a KO runback 109 yds for a TD by Roberts. 

Then, only THEN will some “fans” allow themselves to “feel good” about The Bills. 

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Talk to Dabol about that because he is calling a ball control game plan. We scored on every possession in the first half and only had 17. And I think Dabol's playcalling is what's wrong on the 3Q.

I’ll let you know what he says when I talk to him ?

The browns game is massive now. They are destructing. We are a healthy scratch. let's go in and beat them for 7-2.

I haven't seen the killer instinct/ability to put teams away yet and that might come back to bite us here. I feel like Allen will play well in this game though. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I’m talking about the offense. Not offense + Micah Hyde’s special teams heroics.

So now they have to score points in a specific way.  If they score 30 next week you’ll say they have to score 30 with just passing.

Some around here refuse to enjoy a successful team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I absolutely agree.  Most of the Bills wins have been against teams without a whole lot of talent.  The Browns have the talent to do to the Bills what Philly did.  As I said in the thread about the next four games, if they get their act together, they are fully capable of smacking the Bills upside the head.

BTW, the 7-1 Packers visited the 3-5 Chargers, another team which has underperformed its talent, and got embarrassed, so for the Browns to trip up the Bills is entirely possible.

It’s definitely more than possible. It’s the likely scenario according to Vegas oddsmakers, albeit slightly more than 50%. 

This game will be a good test, no matter what the records say. At this point, I’m not sure what to think. I expect a close game either way. 

• Like (+1) 1