Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why is it the developing storyline is ‘IF the Browns lose, they probably don’t make the playoffs’? They’re a 2-6 team, ferchistsake! Why would 2-7 shake up the world? I don’t get it.

National media love for off season fantasy football-like moves.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

This is the exact type of game the Billsy Bill's show up in. Under achieving Browns team coming off an embarrassing loss. Against a Bills team that looked respectable in a win. The type of game that slaps the fan base back to reality. 

I'll be a happy man if the Bills prove me wrong. Do you think shameless begging will help...please pleased please don't lose to the Browns.

The Bills have escaped being Billsy quite a few times this season, I worry that the well might dry up eventually.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I really hope the media hits him hard with ‘who keeps forcing Gore out there?’.

i want to know why Gore is getting as many touches as he is as early as he is.  why  isn’t Beasley used more in short yardage third down scenarios and is there a reason this team doesn’t do play action?.

Gore is averaging 4.4 ypc. He was a contributor to our wins. Running Gore ensures that Singletary gets a break when needed. Both aren't bad things. Yesterday the Redskins had Gore’s number. They are professionals to that probably stated they weren’t going to allow Gore to win the game for Buffalo. They get paid too.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

This is the exact type of game the Billsy Bill's show up in. Under achieving Browns team coming off an embarrassing loss. Against a Bills team that looked respectable in a win. The type of game that slaps the fan base back to reality. 

I'll be a happy man if the Bills prove me wrong. Do you think shameless begging will help...please pleased please don't lose to the Browns.

One thing for sure, it will be another meaningless win against a terrible opponent, like the rest of them. Am I right?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One thing for sure, it will be another meaningless win against a terrible opponent, like the rest of them. Am I right?

Not for me it won't be. If we beat the Browns, even though they have been bad, it may just change my attitude about this season. I am serious when I say this is the type of game we normally blow. So winning this game will without a doubt have a positive effect on me.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

Not for me it won't be. If we beat the Browns, even though they have been bad, it may just change my attitude about this season. I am serious when I say this is the type of game we normally blow. So winning this game will without a doubt have a positive effect on me.

I'm not so sure. My crystal ball sees a worried post about the Broncos defense and rejuvenated offense under Brandon Allen.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not so sure. My crystal ball sees a worried post about the Broncos defense and rejuvenated offense under Brandon Allen.

It's a week to week league, and this week I can only relate to the game with the Browns.

Beckham and Landry being told that they needed to change shoes at the half or they wouldn't be allowed on the field for the second tells you much about where this "team" is right now.  They are talented but fractured.  I hope, deeply, that this is not the week Mayfield decides to just toss the ball to Beckham time after time.  While an ass, he is hugely underutilized.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Gore is averaging 4.4 ypc. He was a contributor to our wins. Running Gore ensures that Singletary gets a break when needed. Both aren't bad things. Yesterday the Redskins had Gore’s number. They are professionals to that probably stated they weren’t going to allow Gore to win the game for Buffalo. They get paid too.

Look at how I phrased the question. I understand Gore needs to spell Singletary, but Gore is slowing down as the season goes on. I think it’s going to get worse as it gets colder and the more touches he gets. Singletary showed the complete package yesterday . Singletary can run, catch, and pick up the blitz. Gore’s touches should be non essential and limited. 

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why is it the developing storyline is ‘IF the Browns lose, they probably don’t make the playoffs’? They’re a 2-6 team, ferchistsake! Why would 2-7 shake up the world? I don’t get it.

You don’t think there is a difference between 6 losses and 7 when it comes to making the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Look at how I phrased the question. I understand Gore needs to spell Singletary, but Gore is slowing down as the season goes on. I think it’s going to get worse as it gets colder and the more touches he gets. Singletary showed the complete package yesterday . Singletary can run, catch, and pick up the blitz. Gore’s touches should be non essential and limited. 

Its never going to be that way. They will have another back to spell him. Its what people who learn from mistakes do. 

To me, this is another one of those games that those on this board who doubt the Bills (far too many) will love.  If the Bills win, they get to say "well Cleveland is 2-7 so it's another easy game that the Bills should win" and if the Bills lose they get to say "I told you they weren't that good!"

Personally I'm feeling pretty optimistic after yesterday's game.  Yes I know all of the excuses (It was Washington, it was a rookie, they didn't blow them out, blah blah blah) but the Bills played a solid game.  Singletary played great, Allen continues to cut down on his mistakes, they made adjustments to stopping the run for the second half.  We knew from the beginning that the Bills would win their games in an ugly fashion.  Now that it's happening we shouldn't be surprised.  I'm quite happy with being the worst 6-2 ever, that's better than being the best 2-6 team ever

• Like (+1) 9

14 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

I absolutely agree.  Most of the Bills wins have been against teams without a whole lot of talent.  The Browns have the talent to do to the Bills what Philly did.  As I said in the thread about the next four games, if they get their act together, they are fully capable of smacking the Bills upside the head.

BTW, the 7-1 Packers visited the 3-5 Chargers, another team which has underperformed its talent, and got embarrassed, so for the Browns to trip up the Bills is entirely possible.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pay_Poyer said:

To me, this is another one of those games that those on this board who doubt the Bills (far too many) will love.  If the Bills win, they get to say "well Cleveland is 2-7 so it's another easy game that the Bills should win" and if the Bills lose they get to say "I told you they weren't that good!"

Personally I'm feeling pretty optimistic after yesterday's game.  Yes I know all of the excuses (It was Washington, it was a rookie, they didn't blow them out, blah blah blah) but the Bills played a solid game.  Singletary played great, Allen continues to cut down on his mistakes, they made adjustments to stopping the run for the second half.  We knew from the beginning that the Bills would win their games in an ugly fashion.  Now that it's happening we shouldn't be surprised.  I'm quite happy with being the worst 6-2 ever, that's better than being the best 2-6 team ever

All I have to say is ...  :censored: em all if they just don't get it.