College game day thread wk 11

Buffalo Barbarian

On 11/6/2019 at 2:21 AM, YoloinOhio said:

How is psu only -6 over minny?

Penn State does not have an explosive offense.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a low scoring game.

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

Uncle Kirbs, Minnesota is very good at home.  Factor in this is the biggest home game Minnesota has had in decades, maybe ever & I expect this game to play out kind of like the Iowa/PSU game did.  Low scoring, I think Penn St will win but I think it will be a one possession game.  

That LSU game I don't know, it seems like everybody is on LSU.  They are coming into Saban's house, a bit disrespectful to Alabama if you ask me, especially the way Saban has handed Oregeon his lunch the last few years.   

This is a different Louisiana State team, they have a quarterback now. Even when the Fighting Tigers were running the stone age offense, Alabama still had a tough time beating them.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is a big home game but the city of Minneapolis doesn’t really support them. There are still tickets available. 

I expect bama to win but if they don’t they will use tua injury as the reason. He’s going to play hurt 

That is surprising. This is the biggest game for the Golden Gophers in years. P.J. Fleck is doing his best to make them relevant since.....since.....since.....I don't know.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Penn State does not have an explosive offense.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a low scoring game.

This is a different Louisiana State team, they have a quarterback now. Even when the Fighting Tigers were running the stone age offense, Alabama still had a tough time beating them.

That is surprising. This is the biggest game for the Golden Gophers in years. P.J. Fleck is doing his best to make them relevant since.....since.....since.....I don't know.

The issue with LSU is their defense. It’s not great.   I think this will be a shoot out. We’ve come a long way from the 9-6 Bama/LSU games 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The issue with LSU is their defense. It’s not great.   I think this will be a shoot out. We’ve come a long way from the 9-6 Bama/LSU games 

That's possible. High scoring or low scoring, I just want to see some good football, and I think we will get it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bama is their daddy, LSU will fall apart in crunch time.... 

On 11/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, row_33 said:

Bama is their daddy, LSU will fall apart in crunch time.... 

LSU looks really good, i think they can take down the tide.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I dont know, have seen a few LSU games and they got some real talent on D , studs at every level.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I dont know, have seen a few LSU games and they got some real talent on D , studs at every level.

I follow the SEC pretty closely living there. This is the first year in a while where I think LSU is definitely the best team. There were a lot of times that people thought they were on par with Alabama but there was always a gap. I’ll make a bold prediction today that LSU wins by 2 scores.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Every program like this has that. Just saying they aren’t a strength of the team like they’ve been in the past. Usually you see their D up in the top 5, it’s not in the top 20. Their offense makes up for it though. Just not sure if they can contain bama offense, that’s why i predict a shootout 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

LSU looked great against the cupcakes

crown them before they win at Bama

They won at Texas and beat UF and Auburn. They, without question, have the best wins in the country.  Obviously Bama is the next step but this is a different LSU team and a different Bama team. Neither defense is very good. I just think LSU’s offense (especially with a banged up Tua) is better. Joe Brady is the single biggest difference and it is a MASSIVE difference.  I’m saying 45 -31 LSU.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They won at Texas and beat UF and Auburn. They, without question, have the best wins in the country.  Obviously Bama is the next step but this is a different LSU team and a different Bama team. Neither defense is very good. I just think LSU’s offense (especially with a banged up Tua) is better.  Joe Brady is the single biggest difference and it is a MASSIVE difference. 

Texas?

they were very good a few times the last 30 years....

are they going to a bowl this year?

I will hope for a great epic game today, then see how LSU stands on GOAT teams

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Texas?

they were very good a few times the last 30 years....

are they going to a bowl this year?

I will hope for a great epic game today, then see how LSU stands on GOAT teams

Texas was a top 10 team at the time. They have lost 6 defensive starters and it was in Texas. It was a good win at the time.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Texas was a top 10 team at the time. They have lost 6 defensive starters and it was in Texas. It was a good win at the time.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

rankings mean nothing at all until late November 

I know fans go off to a druggy-type mystical fantasy world when they think about the best seasons of their team since 1970

i deal in the reality of the present, with much respect for great teams Texas put on the field 

sure ain’t this season 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

rankings mean nothing at all until late November 

I know fans go off to a druggy-type mystical fantasy world when they think about the best seasons of their team since 1970

i deal in the reality of the present, with much respect for great teams Texas put on the field 

sure ain’t this season 

It’s the same team that stomped out Georgia in the Sugar Bowl a few months earlier. They were a different team in late August than they are now. The rankings are based on the talent on the roster. Obviously losing 6 defensive starters makes them, or any team, different.

Look, I’m not an LSU fan. I just follow it all closely and can say, with confidence that they are COMPLETELY different than past teams. The past teams had the skill players and Les Miles offense. Now they have the skill players, the Heisman favorite at QB and Sean Payton’s offense. It’s night and day. 

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s the same team that stomped out Georgia in the Sugar Bowl a few months earlier. They were a different team in late August than they are now. The rankings are based on the talent on the roster. Obviously losing 6 defensive starters makes them, or any team, different.

Look, I’m not an LSU fan. I just follow it all closely and can say, with confidence that they are COMPLETELY different than past teams. The past teams had the skill players and Les Miles offense. Now they have the skill players, the Heisman favorite at QB and Sean Payton’s offense. It’s night and day. 

good post!

i couldn’t care less about piled up stats or winning 75-0 over cupcakes or rankings when nobody has played anyone to date

season begins in EARNEST for me today, a few loser-leaves-town matchups for noon and 3:30.   FINALLY!!!!!   :D

Not expecting the Gophers to hang with them today but there is great hope

———

I see Texas squeaked one out against..... Kansas recently, that’s quite a scalp for the school these days

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

good post!

i couldn’t care less about piled up stats or winning 75-0 over cupcakes or rankings when nobody has played anyone to date

season begins in EARNEST for me today, a few loser-leaves-town matchups for noon and 3:30.   FINALLY!!!!!   :D

———

I see Texas squeaked one out against..... Kansas recently, that’s quite a scalp for the school these days

I can’t see PSU being tested today. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

good post!

———

So you are not impressed with Louisiana State beating cupcakes, which include victories over Florida & Auburn, but you are giving Alabama a pass over their hard fought schedule?

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can’t see PSU being tested today. 

You were saying...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.