College game day thread wk 11

Buffalo Barbarian

I should have started these at the beginning of the year but didnt think about it till i started the Wisconsin thread, which turned into a game day thread. 

It's a little early in the week but was looking at the schedule and was excited about some big games.

1 LSU - 2 Alabama

5 Penn St - 13 Minnesota

18 Iowa - 16 Wisconsin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/4/2019 at 12:24 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I should have started these at the beginning of the year but didnt think about it till i started the Wisconsin thread, which turned into a game day thread. 

It's a little early in the week but was looking at the schedule and was excited about some big games.

1 LSU - 2 Alabama

5 Penn St - 13 Minnesota

18 Iowa - 16 Wisconsin

An exciting weekend. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

excellent idea, keep it going, I'll post my usual perky and mirthful comments

Yes, Mr. Sunshine here will be his usual self.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

An exciting weekend. Looking forward to it.

Yes, Mr. Sunshine here will be his usual self.

only if Michigan has another gut punch loss

and Penn State

----------------------------------------

in Columbus after another LLLLLoyd loss, this one wasn't unexpected.

Friend in maize M cap is putting gas in for the long ride home, two Buckeyes fans come up and start razzing about the game, to which he replies "enjoy the Alamo Bowl", as Michigan was off to the Rose Bowl

they slunked away

----------------

this Minnesota game is huge for implications all around the Big Ten.....

• Like (+1) 1

i saw a quick feature on the Gopher's QB, but not holding my breath

usually a joke opponent except for that time when they had Maroney and Barber in town at the same time, stole one at Ann Arbor (again not unexpected)

too bad Wisky isn't at Iowa, that would have made it another game of huge implication...  :(

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i saw a quick feature on the Gopher's QB, but not holding my breath

usually a joke opponent except for that time when they had Maroney and Barber in town at the same time, stole one at Ann Arbor (again not unexpected)

too bad Wisky isn't at Iowa, that would have made it another game of huge implication...  :(

Antoine Winfield Jr leads the Big 10 with 5 INTs

• Like (+1) 1

Uncle Kirbs, Minnesota is very good at home.  Factor in this is the biggest home game Minnesota has had in decades, maybe ever & I expect this game to play out kind of like the Iowa/PSU game did.  Low scoring, I think Penn St will win but I think it will be a one possession game.  

That LSU game I don't know, it seems like everybody is on LSU.  They are coming into Saban's house, a bit disrespectful to Alabama if you ask me, especially the way Saban has handed Oregeon his lunch the last few years.   

42 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Uncle Kirbs, Minnesota is very good at home.  Factor in this is the biggest home game Minnesota has had in decades, maybe ever & I expect this game to play out kind of like the Iowa/PSU game did.  Low scoring, I think Penn St will win but I think it will be a one possession game.  

That LSU game I don't know, it seems like everybody is on LSU.  They are coming into Saban's house, a bit disrespectful to Alabama if you ask me, especially the way Saban has handed Oregeon his lunch the last few years.   

It is a big home game but the city of Minneapolis doesn’t really support them. There are still tickets available. 

I expect bama to win but if they don’t they will use tua injury as the reason. He’s going to play hurt 

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

The Gophers were lethal with Maroney and Barber in the backfield

their fluke of not playing any hard games until this week does not override historical reality for the program

3 o' their last 4 games are tough,

I'm cheering for them!!!

gonna learn the fight song...

http://fightmusic.com/mp3/big10/Minnesota__Our_Minnesota.mp3

http://fightmusic.com/mp3/big10/Minnesota__The_Minnesota_Rouser__new.mp3

http://fightmusic.com/mp3/big10/Minnesota__Go_Gopher_Victory.mp3

one of these 3 has to be playing in the background as Keith Jackson welcomes us to the HHHDome with big rollin' uglies all over the field...

is GameDay there this weekend?

Edited by row_33

---------------------

best sporting even involving Minnesota so far in history....

i recall Dave Winfield was on the bench for UM, and Halberstam wrote that he was brawling mightily here , but since we now have youtube and film is readily available, nobody has been able to substantiate Dave out there at all....  nice fable though...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.