8 games in and the Bills control their own destiny to the #1 seed

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

I think some people are missing the OP's point.  It's not that people believe we're gonna run the table.  It's more, can we just stop and appreciate where we are right now?  Halfway into the season and instead of talking about how tenacious our playoff chances are, we're still in a position where we could still win the division and even top seed, however unlikely.

Yes, the Bills could collapse.  I'll worry about that if and when it happens.  Let's say the Bills utterly collapse and lose out.  When the season is over, I'll have enjoyed half the season and lamented the other.  The naysayers here will have hated all of it.  Who got more enjoyment out of the season in total?

jamesfrancothankyou.gif

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thinking about the # 1 seed 8 games in to the season is really putting the 

cart............................................way before the......................................horse

win a few more. beat the ravens, ne*, sweep the fins and jets and even beat the cowboys before this kind of thought should even be considered, this early?

Why do you think we should wait until after we've played our last game before we consider this?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No they don't.

Right now there are only 3 teams in the AFC that control their own destiny to the #1 seed:  Patriots, Bills, Ravens

the Chargers, Raiders, Steelers, Texans, Colts all tangled up in the WC chase do not control their own destiny?

it all up to luck ?  

I really don’t think so.  

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the Chargers, Raiders, Steelers, Texans, Colts all tangled up in the WC chase do not control their own destiny?

it all up to luck ?  

I really don’t think so.  

No, they do not control their own destiny as far as the #1 seed is concerned.  For any of them to get the #1 seed, they need both the Bills and Ravens to lose at least 1 more and the Patriots to lose at least 2 more.

That's just the simple truth.

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why do you think we should wait until after we've played our last game before we consider this?

you think you can tell at the halfway point? speculate, sure. 

number one seed. every team controls their destiny. there are a few teams that look to be ahead at this point and even they could go one way or the other but thinking about it at the halfway point? whatever floats your boat.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you think you can tell at the halfway point? speculate, sure. 

number one seed. every team controls their destiny. there are a few teams that look to be ahead at this point and even they could go one way or the other but thinking about it at the halfway point? whatever floats your boat.

Of course we can't tell.

But once again, no every team does not control their own destiny to the #1 seed at this point.  I was actually incorrect earlier.  There are really only 2 teams that control their own path to the #1 seed:

Pats & Bills

Ravens would need the Pats to lose one more.

This isn't about speculating.  It's just a fact that we've played half of our games this season and we control our own path to the #1 seed.

Forgive me, but I think that's a pretty awesome thing considering we were 2-6 at this point last year.

I don't think we're going 14-2.  I think we're going 11-5 or 12-4.  But who knows?  

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

All they have to do is win the next game.  That's it!

Rut-row, looks like Aussie Joe was confused by my statement.  I'll clarify it.  The Bills only have to worry about the next game.  Just win the next game and everything will take care of itself.  Who cares about the game in week 11 or the road game at the Paytoilets.  Just worry about the one this weekend coming up.

Im pretty sure this is exactly McDermott's philosophy as well.

This thread is some crazy homerism, sure. But, ask yourself a couple of questions:

1) In the first half of this season, has Josh Allen improved, remained the same, or declined? I think most would agree that, the Eagles game notwithstanding, he has, from game to game, incrementally improved.

2) In the first half of this season, has Tom Brady* improved, remained the same, or declined? I think one could make a sound argument that Brady* is in decline.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that the Bills win this division.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This thread is some crazy homerism, sure. But, ask yourself a couple of questions:

1) In the first half of this season, has Josh Allen improved, remained the same, or declined? I think most would agree that, the Eagles game notwithstanding, he has, from game to game, incrementally improved.

2) In the first half of this season, has Tom Brady* improved, remained the same, or declined? I think one could make a sound argument that Brady* is in decline.

Bills have to take care of business obviously. Let's beat the Browns first. 

Patsies are now considered a bit vulnerable after their loss. Now going into Philly, who is hot. Cowboys at home, Texans on the road, Chiefs at home. It's a tough 4 weeks ahead of them. Three possible losses in there. We can only hope.

21 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not until the Bills and Ravens lose at least 1 more game and Patriots lose at least 2 more.

The Texans and Chiefs play the patriots. So if they combine forces, they control their own destiny together! There's your two losses.

Allen becoming more game managerish imo is a sign of growth.  When they are playing good defense and running the football effectively Allen just needs to keep the reigns on the game and convert Redzone trips to scores.

16 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It really isn’t.  It’s funny how we are now.  We’ve been broken like a horse.

If the last 20 years didn’t happen, not only would we feel like we had a shot at the division - because of the remaining schedules, we’d be confident about it.  The Pats shouldn’t scare us anymore.  They’re old, and we almost took them in the 1st game.  To me, Brady looks worse every week.

It would shock the nation, too.  Everyone already has NE penciled in for homefield and the AFCCG at minimum.