8 games in and the Bills control their own destiny to the #1 seed

Pats losing to the Ravens tonight seals that.

Buffalo is being overlooked by absolutely everyone as a good team.

But we've also beaten every team we were "supposed" to beat. Who cares how it looked?

Seahawks went to overtime against an inferior 2 win Bucs team with a turnover prone QB. Will the conversation be about how the 'Hawks are in trouble? Probably not.

Packers lost to the 3-5 Chargers today. They're still going to be talked about as a legitimate Super contenders and this game will likely be an afterthought.

Patriots have only beaten one team with a winning record: that was Buffalo and it was by 6 points in a game that they had a fluke ST TD and knocked our starting QB out for the entire 4th quarter. Tonight they got dominated like we did last week against the Eagles.

So that leaves the Ravens. We play them. They stomped the Patriots. But they also got stomped by the 2 win Cleveland Browns. It's not like they're unbeatable.

Wins are Wins and any team in the NFL can win in any given week, so don't overlook anyone!

Just keep winning Buffalo!!! 

• Like (+1) 20
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cool..

No not really..

Bit of a dud thread actually..

Lol

I'm guessing you don't agree with the OP

I knew this was coming for the Pats. They haven't been playing as well as their record indicates. Brady has been chucking up some real duds every week. Ones that people would be bashing Allen for, had he thrown them.

It will be really exciting if week 17 decides the division champ.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the bills win out, and the pats win out, then we still have 2 losses to their 1. So how do we control our own destiny? Don’t we need the pats to lose at least 1-2 more games to have a shot at the 1 seed? I’ll hang up and listen.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Lol

I'm guessing you don't agree with the OP

I knew this was coming for the Pats. They haven't been playing as well as their record indicates. Brady has been chucking up some real duds every week. Ones that people would be bashing Allen for, had he thrown them.

It will be really exciting if week 17 decides the division champ.

Cant we just be happy they are 6-2 after a couple of tough wins and moving on?

The thought of them being the No 1 seed in the AFC has not entered my mind until this thread..

Also... if we were considering this a 3 team race to the 1 seed with the Ravens, Bills and Patriots, well here are their opponents remaining records, not including the games they play each other (meaning I'm excluding the Bills from the Patriots schedule, vice versa, and the Bills from the Ravens schedule and vice versa)

Ravens opponents: 45.6% win %

Patriots opponents: 44% win %

Bills opponents: 31.3% win %

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

If the bills win out, and the pats win out, then we still have 2 losses to their 1. So how do we control our own destiny? Don’t we need the pats to lose at least 1-2 more games to have a shot at the 1 seed? I’ll hang up and listen.

If the Bills win out they will beat the Pats and both teams will have two losses..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Because the Bills and Pats can't both win out.

We play them week 16.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

At the start of the season the Bills controlled their own destiny, too.  When they were 3-0 they controlled their own destiny.  I'm pleased with their success this year but I feel like I'm watching my daughter drive on the freeway for the first time after she got her license.  You watch and hope nothing too bad happens, she gets home OK, and you wonder if the next time out maybe things don't go so well because it wasn't very pretty this time.

The OP's point is correct, we should feel good, and I do, sort of.  It is a whole lot better to beat a crappy team in a close game than to lose to said crappy team. Almost all teams lay an egg on occasion, so the Eagles game shouldn't be too concerning.  But, they've played crappy Giants, Dolphins, and Redskins teams, and weren't very impressive doing it.  The Bills barely beat the Jets, and won that game only when their MLB missed the second half.  They did beat a tough Titans team, but so have several others. 

The biggest thing is, opponents have figured out how to run against the Bills.  Unless Frazier figures out how to stop that, there are going to be some losses that could have been wins.

I watched Edmunds a lot today.  The Redskins were running plays right at his spot.  Every time, he would run up to the line, leaving that spot, and plug a hole that wasn't there, and the running back would gash the Bills.  Over and over, he would disappear into the crowd instead of making the tackle.  I think, with his speed, size and strength, he should be a Sam, not a Mike.  He doesn't seem to have the instincts or recognition a  Mike needs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cant we just be happy they are 6-2 after a couple of tough wins and moving on?

The thought of them being the No 1 seed in the AFC has not entered my mind until this thread..

Just glance at the conference standings and you'll see the Bills in 2nd place. 

The #1 spot is only 1 spot away...

Don't fight it 

Just let it happen...

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Just glance at the conference standings and you'll see the Bills in 2nd place. 

The #1 spot is only 1 spot away...

Don't fight it 

Just let it happen...

That’s good advice but I’m still struggling..

I think I need a transplant of something..

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The biggest thing is, opponents have figured out how to run against the Bills.  Unless Frazier figures out how to stop that, there are going to be some losses that could have been wins.

They know how to stop the run. they do it quite often post first half adjustments. 

All they have to do is win the next game.  That's it!

Rut-row, looks like Aussie Joe was confused by my statement.  I'll clarify it.  The Bills only have to worry about the next game.  Just win the next game and everything will take care of itself.  Who cares about the game in week 11 or the road game at the Paytoilets.  Just worry about the one this weekend coming up.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Check your math. If the bills win out, they've handed the pats theirs second loss

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

If Bills win out that means the Patriots lost to us