Does the Ravens game get flexed?

vanhalen26

7 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I hope they never get flexed. The Bill's record in nationally televised games is putrid. Even in the 90s they struggled at times to win night games. 

This^ ^ I don’t want this game flexed because I’d like to think the Bills could actually win it. 

According to the Bills Schedule   the game is subject * FLEX 

oia3zzayericsjgzpv3q

edit >>  

BUT 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/14

Los Angeles C Jacksonville FOX Jacksonville
Tennessee Oakland CBS Oakland
Kansas City New England CBS Foxboro
Pittsburgh Arizona CBS Glendale
Seattle Los Angeles R NBC Los Angeles

Highly unlikely with the way the WC is shaping up 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, mattynh said:

It could but man this defense (Mcdermott defenses) does not do well against a QB who can move.   I don't have a good feeling about that game.   It is a home game though, for some reason I was thinking that was a road game.

It’s not just a QB that can move ( he’s from another planet in that department) but a completely unconventional offense with concepts that aren’t “ supposed to work” in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It could but man this defense (Mcdermott defenses) does not do well against a QB who can move.   I don't have a good feeling about that game.   It is a home game though, for some reason I was thinking that was a road game.

It might be better than you think. Stopping a guy like Lamar is about discipline. The Bills D is very disciplined, so i could see him struggle a bit against us.

The Pats* looked slow last night, which would honestly be my biggest concern. There is a good amount of speed at LB here, so they may have a bit more success. 

Should be a fun matchup

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The NE*** game just before Christmas  IS available for FLEX 

I know not what you asked 

That game is almost certainly going to be on Saturday that weekend. NFL Network gets to pick 3 of the following 5 games and set them at what I am assuming will be 1:00, 4:30 and 8:15, the other two stay on Sunday.

Houston at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at New England
Detroit at Denver
Oakland at LA Chargers
San Francisco at LA Rams

Not really a great slate. BUF/NE and SF/LAR are easy picks for the best two. Really unsure who they will take as the 3rd game, but I think DET/DEN can be safely eliminated 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

That game is almost certainly going to be on Saturday that weekend. NFL Network gets to pick 3 of the following 5 games and set them at what I am assuming will be 1:00, 4:30 and 8:15, the other two stay on Sunday.

Houston at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at New England
Detroit at Denver
Oakland at LA Chargers
San Francisco at LA Rams

Not really a great slate. BUF/NE and SF/LAR are easy picks for the best two. Really unsure who they will take as the 3rd game, but I think DET/DEN can be safely eliminated 

HUGE head to head games for playoff standing scenarios 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

No, I don't think the powers at be would make that call with 4 games to go before they play. I don't think the Bills are reliable enough to make that call.

Deadline to flex that game isn't until November 25 so you're wrong again.

A game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

You don't think there is any other data to look at besides that?  Like performance history in nationally televised games, point differential, market size, etc?  I bet there is quite the formula used to determine so far ahead what games will be flexed. TV revenue is a big deal for the NFL.

All that is taken into account when the national TV schedule is made in the spring. But the whole concept of flex games is to put the best matchup together, one that wasn't foreseen when the made the TV schedule. So once again you are wrong. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All that is taken into account when the national TV schedule is made in the spring. But the whole concept of flex games is to put the best matchup together, one that wasn't foreseen when the made the TV schedule. So once again you are wrong. 

Market Size is definitely considered when it comes flexing games to national tv, and demoting a national tv game into regional action. And it is not simply just Win-loss record. They look at whether the actual teams involved, will have stronger ratings over the previous matchup in that slot.

Edited by wagon127

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Market Size is definitely considered when it comes flexing games to national tv, and demoting a national tv game into regional action. And it is not simply just Win-loss record. They look at whether the actually think the teams involved, will have stronger ratings over the previous matchup in that slot.

It’s mostly about matchup, as the other factors were given preference when the original schedule was made. That’s the whole purpose of flexing games; that the original formula created too many dog matchups. Flexing is a by product of one of the best things about the NFL and sports; its ability to surprise us and produce unexpected outcomes. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

46 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It might be better than you think. Stopping a guy like Lamar is about discipline. The Bills D is very disciplined, so i could see him struggle a bit against us.

The Pats* looked slow last night, which would honestly be my biggest concern. There is a good amount of speed at LB here, so they may have a bit more success. 

Should be a fun matchup

Bortles, Wentz and Fitz hurt them in the run game as well as others.   They are different though in that you are not concerned abou their running primarily.  Wth Jackson you must prepare for him to run the ball.

I would assume it is a candidate to be flexed. The Bills could easily be 9-3 or 8-4 going into that game. The Ravens are likely going into that game leading their division. Matchup of 2 of the more successful and overlooked QB's in the 2018 draft class. I could see NBC flexing that game easily. However that's a long way away. Hopefully the Bills just beat the Browns.