Sign in to follow this  
vanhalen26

Does the Ravens game get flexed?

17 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It could but man this defense (Mcdermott defenses) does not do well against a QB who can move.   I don't have a good feeling about that game.   It is a home game though, for some reason I was thinking that was a road game.

It might be better than you think. Stopping a guy like Lamar is about discipline. The Bills D is very disciplined, so i could see him struggle a bit against us.

The Pats* looked slow last night, which would honestly be my biggest concern. There is a good amount of speed at LB here, so they may have a bit more success. 

Should be a fun matchup

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The NE*** game just before Christmas  IS available for FLEX 

I know not what you asked 

That game is almost certainly going to be on Saturday that weekend. NFL Network gets to pick 3 of the following 5 games and set them at what I am assuming will be 1:00, 4:30 and 8:15, the other two stay on Sunday.

Houston at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at New England
Detroit at Denver
Oakland at LA Chargers
San Francisco at LA Rams

Not really a great slate. BUF/NE and SF/LAR are easy picks for the best two. Really unsure who they will take as the 3rd game, but I think DET/DEN can be safely eliminated 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

That game is almost certainly going to be on Saturday that weekend. NFL Network gets to pick 3 of the following 5 games and set them at what I am assuming will be 1:00, 4:30 and 8:15, the other two stay on Sunday.

Houston at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at New England
Detroit at Denver
Oakland at LA Chargers
San Francisco at LA Rams

Not really a great slate. BUF/NE and SF/LAR are easy picks for the best two. Really unsure who they will take as the 3rd game, but I think DET/DEN can be safely eliminated 

HUGE head to head games for playoff standing scenarios 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

No, I don't think the powers at be would make that call with 4 games to go before they play. I don't think the Bills are reliable enough to make that call.

Deadline to flex that game isn't until November 25 so you're wrong again.

A game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

You don't think there is any other data to look at besides that?  Like performance history in nationally televised games, point differential, market size, etc?  I bet there is quite the formula used to determine so far ahead what games will be flexed. TV revenue is a big deal for the NFL.

All that is taken into account when the national TV schedule is made in the spring. But the whole concept of flex games is to put the best matchup together, one that wasn't foreseen when the made the TV schedule. So once again you are wrong. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All that is taken into account when the national TV schedule is made in the spring. But the whole concept of flex games is to put the best matchup together, one that wasn't foreseen when the made the TV schedule. So once again you are wrong. 

Market Size is definitely considered when it comes flexing games to national tv, and demoting a national tv game into regional action. And it is not simply just Win-loss record. They look at whether the actual teams involved, will have stronger ratings over the previous matchup in that slot.

Edited by wagon127

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a lot later than they said on GR.

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Market Size is definitely considered when it comes flexing games to national tv, and demoting a national tv game into regional action. And it is not simply just Win-loss record. They look at whether the actually think the teams involved, will have stronger ratings over the previous matchup in that slot.

It’s mostly about matchup, as the other factors were given preference when the original schedule was made. That’s the whole purpose of flexing games; that the original formula created too many dog matchups. Flexing is a by product of one of the best things about the NFL and sports; its ability to surprise us and produce unexpected outcomes. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

So, you're not a Bills fan, then.   Better to take that beating in front of a regional audience rather than a national one...

Well, THAT’S the spirit!!!         😋

46 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It might be better than you think. Stopping a guy like Lamar is about discipline. The Bills D is very disciplined, so i could see him struggle a bit against us.

The Pats* looked slow last night, which would honestly be my biggest concern. There is a good amount of speed at LB here, so they may have a bit more success. 

Should be a fun matchup

Bortles, Wentz and Fitz hurt them in the run game as well as others.   They are different though in that you are not concerned abou their running primarily.  Wth Jackson you must prepare for him to run the ball.

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

That's a lot later than they said on GR.

The week 16 flex deadline from Sunday to Saturday is Week 10. The deadline to move a normal Sunday Game time to a different sunday game time is 13 days prior.

6 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The week 16 flex deadline from Sunday to Saturday is Week 10. The deadline to move a normal Sunday Game time to a different sunday game time is 13 days prior.

Thanks, iirc GR said 3 weeks...

I would assume it is a candidate to be flexed. The Bills could easily be 9-3 or 8-4 going into that game. The Ravens are likely going into that game leading their division. Matchup of 2 of the more successful and overlooked QB's in the 2018 draft class. I could see NBC flexing that game easily. However that's a long way away. Hopefully the Bills just beat the Browns. 

Bills Patriots will be flexed as it will determine the division winner

Pats will lose at least two of their next four - Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Texans.  Unfortunately I think it will be the NFC games they will lose

If Bills can win four of the next six, they will still have a shot at the division on 12/22.

16 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I’d watch it!

God I hope not... the Bills always embarrass themselves in prime time games...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would assume it is a candidate to be flexed. The Bills could easily be 9-3 or 8-4 going into that game. The Ravens are likely going into that game leading their division. Matchup of 2 of the more successful and overlooked QB's in the 2018 draft class. I could see NBC flexing that game easily. However that's a long way away. Hopefully the Bills just beat the Browns. 

In a perfect world, I think that's exactly what would happen. I just don't see them moving the Seahawks vs. the Rams out of that slot. Those two teams are having good seasons as well. Nor would the Patriots vs. Chiefs get moved out of the 4:25 slot.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JM57 said:

With KC/NE in the 4:25 slot already I think we can lock BUF/BAL in at 1 to be honest. CBS will be more than happy to show Chiefs/Patriots to the entire nation 

Likely will become the featured 1:00 game that most of the neutral county gets.

I do think the Bills NE game gets moved to Saturday, maybe the night game?  There's five games listed for Sunday, however three of the five listed are getting moved to Saturday.  The Bills-NE game is one of the most attractive of the five

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Likely will become the featured 1:00 game that most of the neutral county gets.

I do think the Bills NE game gets moved to Saturday, maybe the night game?  There's five games listed for Sunday, however three of the five listed are getting moved to Saturday.  The Bills-NE game is one of the most attractive of the five

I think Rams/49ers gets the primetime slot. Makes more sense for the league to get the LA media market on as late as possible but I think BUF/NE could be the 4:30 Saturday game depending on if the NFLN chooses to take HOU/TB or OAK/LAC. We all know that a Chargers home game won't start at 1:00 PM Eastern so that is probably the deciding factor.

IMO it will be one of these two lineups

BUF/NE 1:00

OAK/LAC 4:30

SF/LAR 8:15

OR

HOU/TB 1:00

BUF/NE 4:30

SF/LAR 8:15

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

HUGE head to head games for playoff standing scenarios 

I'd be interested to see if they do the Raiders/Chargers and have both LA teams playing on Saturday. I know they don't play in the same place but I'd guess that it's less than ideal when they have the ability to dictate who plays when. Of course the problem there is that the other two games kinda stink. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I'd be interested to see if they do the Raiders/Chargers and have both LA teams playing on Saturday. I know they don't play in the same place but I'd guess that it's less than ideal when they have the ability to dictate who plays when. Of course the problem there is that the other two games kinda stink.

IMO   The only interest between Raiders/Chargers would be if they were fighting for the LAST WC spot.    I don't think BOTH will be, but one might be.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, HOUSE said:

Maybe to 3am

Hey it is 3 AM somewhere !!!

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IMO   The only interest between Raiders/Chargers would be if they were fighting for the LAST WC spot.    I don't think BOTH will be, but one might be.  

Agreed. Depends on the length of Brissett's injury in Indy too. I think Hoyer having to start 2 or 3 games will allow the Raiders and Chargers the chance to keep pace. 

Should be very interesting since the Raiders and Chargers play each other on TNF and if I remember correctly, the league has to make the decision on these games next Tuesday. 

no. they know it will be a blowout

Edited by DrDare

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

12 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Agreed. Depends on the length of Brissett's injury in Indy too. I think Hoyer having to start 2 or 3 games will allow the Raiders and Chargers the chance to keep pace. 

Should be very interesting since the Raiders and Chargers play each other on TNF and if I remember correctly, the league has to make the decision on these games next Tuesday. 

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

LEXIBLE SCHEDULING

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Bills will have to run the table (10-2) for it to even be a possibility.