Does the Ravens game get flexed?

vanhalen26

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would assume it is a candidate to be flexed. The Bills could easily be 9-3 or 8-4 going into that game. The Ravens are likely going into that game leading their division. Matchup of 2 of the more successful and overlooked QB's in the 2018 draft class. I could see NBC flexing that game easily. However that's a long way away. Hopefully the Bills just beat the Browns. 

In a perfect world, I think that's exactly what would happen. I just don't see them moving the Seahawks vs. the Rams out of that slot. Those two teams are having good seasons as well. Nor would the Patriots vs. Chiefs get moved out of the 4:25 slot.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JM57 said:

With KC/NE in the 4:25 slot already I think we can lock BUF/BAL in at 1 to be honest. CBS will be more than happy to show Chiefs/Patriots to the entire nation 

Likely will become the featured 1:00 game that most of the neutral county gets.

I do think the Bills NE game gets moved to Saturday, maybe the night game?  There's five games listed for Sunday, however three of the five listed are getting moved to Saturday.  The Bills-NE game is one of the most attractive of the five

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Likely will become the featured 1:00 game that most of the neutral county gets.

I do think the Bills NE game gets moved to Saturday, maybe the night game?  There's five games listed for Sunday, however three of the five listed are getting moved to Saturday.  The Bills-NE game is one of the most attractive of the five

I think Rams/49ers gets the primetime slot. Makes more sense for the league to get the LA media market on as late as possible but I think BUF/NE could be the 4:30 Saturday game depending on if the NFLN chooses to take HOU/TB or OAK/LAC. We all know that a Chargers home game won't start at 1:00 PM Eastern so that is probably the deciding factor.

IMO it will be one of these two lineups

BUF/NE 1:00

OAK/LAC 4:30

SF/LAR 8:15

OR

HOU/TB 1:00

BUF/NE 4:30

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

HUGE head to head games for playoff standing scenarios 

I'd be interested to see if they do the Raiders/Chargers and have both LA teams playing on Saturday. I know they don't play in the same place but I'd guess that it's less than ideal when they have the ability to dictate who plays when. Of course the problem there is that the other two games kinda stink. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I'd be interested to see if they do the Raiders/Chargers and have both LA teams playing on Saturday. I know they don't play in the same place but I'd guess that it's less than ideal when they have the ability to dictate who plays when. Of course the problem there is that the other two games kinda stink.

IMO   The only interest between Raiders/Chargers would be if they were fighting for the LAST WC spot.    I don't think BOTH will be, but one might be.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IMO   The only interest between Raiders/Chargers would be if they were fighting for the LAST WC spot.    I don't think BOTH will be, but one might be.  

Agreed. Depends on the length of Brissett's injury in Indy too. I think Hoyer having to start 2 or 3 games will allow the Raiders and Chargers the chance to keep pace. 

Should be very interesting since the Raiders and Chargers play each other on TNF and if I remember correctly, the league has to make the decision on these games next Tuesday. 

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Deadline to flex that game isn't until November 25 so you're wrong again.

A game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

12 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Agreed. Depends on the length of Brissett's injury in Indy too. I think Hoyer having to start 2 or 3 games will allow the Raiders and Chargers the chance to keep pace. 

Should be very interesting since the Raiders and Chargers play each other on TNF and if I remember correctly, the league has to make the decision on these games next Tuesday. 

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

LEXIBLE SCHEDULING

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

LEXIBLE SCHEDULING

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

This applies to flexing times on Sunday only. For the week 16 block it's a different set of rules because the league/NFL Network is choosing 3 of the 5 games to be played on Saturday instead of Sunday. From the official league schedule announcement:

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/nfl-announces-the-2019-regular-season-schedule/

“Flexible scheduling” will again be used in Weeks 11-17. In Weeks 11-16, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. A flexible scheduling move would be announced at least 12 days before the game.

In Week 16, three of five possible matchups currently listed as TBD will be scheduled for Saturday on NFL Network: Houston at Tampa Bay, Buffalo at New England, Detroit at Denver, Oakland at the Los Angeles Chargers and San Francisco at the Los Angeles Rams. Start times and Saturday games for Week 16 will be announced no later than following Week 8, with the non-Saturday games to be played on Sunday.

A couple of weeks ago, they decided to move that deadline back to "following week 10" as noted in the blurb above the matchups here:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG16

15 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills Patriots will be flexed as it will determine the division winner

Pats will lose at least two of their next four - Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Texans.  Unfortunately I think it will be the NFC games they will lose

If Bills can win four of the next six, they will still have a shot at the division on 12/22.

I doubt it. I think NE still wins at least 13. The Bills at best will win 11. I see Buffalo beating the Dolphins, Broncos, Jets. Toss up games are the Browns,Steelers. Tough games which they probably lose are the Cowboys, Ravens, Pats. I would love for the Bills to win the division but I don't see it happening.  They will probably end up in the 4 vs 5 WC game.

Edited by Greg S

On 11/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, MikeSpeed said:

I hope they never get flexed. The Bill's record in nationally televised games is putrid. Even in the 90s they struggled at times to win night games. 

That's true, but it's something they have to get over. After all, the Super Bowl is nationally televised a night game.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I guess the NFL already informed the Jets & Dolphins that their 12/8 game won't be getting flexed.  ?

One area of confusion about the week 16 game is the NFL has been all over the place when the deadline for the decision is.  The Bills schedule that I printed before the season says after week 8 the decision will be made & we're already past that.  

5 hours ago, JM57 said:

I think Rams/49ers gets the primetime slot. Makes more sense for the league to get the LA media market on as late as possible but I think BUF/NE could be the 4:30 Saturday game depending on if the NFLN chooses to take HOU/TB or OAK/LAC. We all know that a Chargers home game won't start at 1:00 PM Eastern so that is probably the deciding factor.

OR

One thing to keep in mind is that the SNF game is Bears/Chiefs. Pretty good chance that the Bears are eliminated at that point. Eagle/Cowboys play the 4:30 game but FOX will try to hold onto that come hell or high water. I think the SF/LA game will go to Sunday and later likely be the SNF match. My prediction is Raiders Chargers at 430 & the Bills/Pats in Primetime. HOU/TB likely the 1pm game. Even if HOU has the playoffs locked up, it has fantasy juice.

Edited by 416BillsFan

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

That's true, but it's something they have to get over. After all, the Super Bowl is nationally televised a night game.

Great point, except we didn't fare too well in those games either (SO FAR....) which kind of proves my point. I guess I'd rather get to the super bowl first and take my chances, then risk losing a night game and not make it to the super bowl at all.

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

OR

Agree forgot about the SF Rams game, that likely will be the late one.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I doubt it. I think NE still wins at least 13. The Bills at best will win 11. I see Buffalo beating the Dolphins, Broncos, Jets. Toss up games are the Browns,Steelers. Tough games which they probably lose are the Cowboys, Ravens, Pats. I would love for the Bills to win the division but I don't see it happening.  They will probably end up in the 4 vs 5 WC game.

Ok, then in your theoretical scenario, the Patriots would have 11 wins going into week 16, and the Bills would have 10. So the story going into the game would still be, the winner of that game will win the division. Assuming other tiebreakers also work out.