The problem with the Browns in a nut shell

24 minutes ago, Putin said:

IMO the OL & DL should be looked at and upgraded before any ANYTHING 

agreed

but do teams really do this???

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

And yet somehow we're still the underdogs lol.

I still don't see an easy game left on our schedule with the way the Bills play. 

your second line answers the first.

hey, whatever, i will enjoy them winning, maybe pulling off a shocking win in the WC game....

The NFL is all about culture.  It's why the Patriots are the Patriots and why franchises like the Steelers and Ravens have persisted.

McBeane has set the culture and we have 100% buy in.  Pegula has been professional across the board and stood back and let them work.  

The Browns lack of culture starts with Haslam (a literal criminal) and Dorsey (as "look at me" as they come at GM).  It bleeds through the whole locker room.  Kitchens has zero control and the team has been built with flash but no substance.  

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

They basically let Mayfield pick Kitchens as HC. Mayfield p*ssed and moaned about Jackson and then when they had some success with Kitchens calling the shots, Mayfield expressed his desire to see him be their HC. First time head coach with a team full of monster egos, not the greatest recipe. People point to the success the 90s Bills had with all the egos on that team, but the difference there is that those guys wanted to prove to their teammates that they could back up their talk and show that they were leaving it all out there for them. That doesn't seem to be the case with Cleveland. 

I can't say I'd be surprised if they miraculously "put it all together" against the Bills this week, sometimes that just seems to happen against them. Bills need to roll the film of the 49ers game that Cleveland lost 31-3. SF just pressured Mayfield all game and never gave him time to throw. 

It's always been the book on Mayfield.  Pressure him, take away his quick reads and he's going to put the ball in places where you can make a play on it defensively.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It's always been the book on Mayfield.  Pressure him, take away his quick reads and he's going to put the ball in places where you can make a play on it defensively.

first impression was his grabbing his jock and yelling an obscenity on ABC national coverage after a TD pass....

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Cleveland

I'm confused.  You said the difference between 6-2 Buffalo & 2-6 Cleveland is strength of schedule. Yet they got destroyed by Tenn, we beat Tenn. They played Miami, so did us. We both play Denver & they lost.

Please explain. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

I'm confused.  You said the difference between 6-2 Buffalo & 2-6 Cleveland is strength of schedule. Yet they got destroyed by Tenn, we beat Tenn. They played Miami, so did us. We both play Denver & they lost.

Please explain. 

I've said this in numerous threads. How do you think the Bills would have fared in the following games?

LAR

@ BAL

@ SF

SEA

@ NE

@ DEN

???

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

accumulating talent would be a good start for a team

not sure where the Browns have all this awesome GOAT talent right now

must be the same people trying to explain why they picked the Browns to win the AFC title game with no sweat   :D

Talent is a great start but talent alone doesn't win games. You first off need the right talent. As we learned with Rex you can't shoehorn in players better suited for a 4-3 into a 3-4. Secondly you need the coaching to properly prepare and train that talent. Finally you need a coach that builds a culture that helps overcome the struggles that any NFL team will encounter. 

The Browns don't have good coaching despite having a lot of pieces of individual talent on their roster.

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I've said this in numerous threads. How do you think the Bills would have fared in the following games?

LAR

@ BAL

@ SF

SEA

@ NE

@ DEN

???

5-1 at worst

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

LAR

@ BAL

@ SF

SEA

@ NE

@ DEN

???

You will soon find out. We play BAL NE & DEN! 

Love how you are sticking up for the Brownies & didn't include the other games, one of which was an embarrassing home loss to a common opponent.  SMH-

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

You will soon find out. We play BAL NE & DEN! 

Love how you are sticking up for the Brownies & didn't include the other games, one of which was an embarrassing home loss to a common opponent.  SMH-

That's not the point. The point is that the Bills would have more losses if they had played the opponents I listed above.

I just really don't want people to expect this game to be a cakewalk because they're 2-6.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

5-1 at worst

That is a very unrealistic take. The Bills likely would have been underdogs in ALL of those games, so to go 5-1 would be crazy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That is a very unrealistic take. The Bills likely would have been underdogs in ALL of those games, so to go 5-1 would be crazy.

i know, please to meet you, what's puzzling you is the nature of my game...  :D