Cole Beasley not being utilized right.

CEN-CAL17

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So you’re satisfied with Daboll and believe he’s getting the most out of this offense?

I actually do, although I sometimes question the playcalling (like insisting on pounding it up the middle on short yardage plays, but that may be more McDermott based on his comments yesterday). I think the overall talent is sub-average.  They have solid but not elite linemen, a below-average but improving QB who is mystifyingly poor this season on deep throws, a good-but-not-elite WR, a borderline-JAG-but-still-genuine-starter-material slot guy, no decent 3rd WR, rookie TEs, a grinder RB who is no threat in the passing game, and a promising rookie RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

On November 4, 2019 at 2:33 PM, BringBackOrton said:

I think he’s doing a pretty good job. Allen is throwing to mostly nobodies. He’s got the corpse of Frank Gore and a rookie RB. Isaiah McKenzie has become a nice litttle gadget player. 

Do I think he could improve a little? Sure. Do I think a new OC is getting Josh Drew Brees’ numbers, Gore and Singletary 1k yards each, and Isaiah McKenzie a cool thousand yards receiving? No.

Come on man!! I don't see him calling plays based on game situations 

5 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Missed Beasley wide open on the third down play at the end of the game. Hell of a time to throw a back shoulder throw late in the game when they really just needed a few more yards. 

One of like 15 plays where he was wide open and Josh didn't look his way. Beasley could've gone off for over 200 yards if he'd start looking his way more. They couldn't cover him yet he only got 6 targets. Ridiculous

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Does Daboll not determine the progression order?

No. The system is predicated on what the defense is showing pre snap. Every receiver has multiple options. The qb and receiver have to see the same thing. If the receivet is open and the qb doesnt see him thats on the qb.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

On 3rd and less than 6-7 yards, Beasley should NEVER be much further downfield than the 1st down marker, and the ball should be going to him a lot more in those situations, than it has through 9 games. 

He is definitely not be utilized correctly. 

Exactly! And for some reason on 3rd and 4 we got Beasley running 50 yards down the field....