Cole Beasley not being utilized right.

CEN-CAL17

16 hours ago, zonabb said:

This is my favorite homer stance. You can't be critical of the obvious inadequacies of the team because they beat a 1 and something dumpster fire. 

This team has beaten the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals, Giants, and Titans, which are a combined 9-41. None has a winning record. They've looked bad in a number of them.

But yeah, if everyone hear drinking the Koolaid is OK with winning and "not changing what's working" I can't want until they get steamrolled in the playoffs... if they make it. Maybe then you'll be open to assessing this team's weaknesses? Probably not. 

If we continue on this path, we'll make the playoffs.

However, I'm with you, if we make the playoffs and change nothing, we will be CRUSHED and an absolute 1 and done in the playoffs. Easy to see that.

There’s no way Daboll is our OC next year right? It took him half the season to actually use Singletary. Beasley is a menace in the slot but we don’t take advantage of it for some reason.

Daboll’s play calling is good for short bursts but we could seriously be so much better.

Edited by Bangarang

Darnit you are right!  We should target Beasley more often! The dude just gets open on the short routes! .... Wait....whats that? Brown was open on an intermediate route that JA has been mostly money on..... Well eff that....target beasley. He's gotta be used properly!!!

Oh! and another thing! Give the ball to Singletary, Brown, the TEs, and beasley more! I'm tired of all of them not getting the ball! It's like they think there's only one ball or something, haven't they ever heard of Multi-ball? It works wonders in Pinball...JA should try it! You know if he could complete that 1 pass he missed out of his last 6 or so! That one pass could have WON THE ENTIRE GAME!. 

I'm so tired of these same old Bills who can't get the ball to everyone on the field at once. It's just so poorly executed and it's going to lead to us getting trounced in the playoffs! IF we even MAKE the playoffs....we're only 6-2...thats such a crappy record with such a difficult schedule left. AND we only beat crap teams which totally means that we have no chance whatsoever against good teams so why even try?! Whats the point?! Life is a dreary dark hole of emptiness and we should just forfeit the next 8 games and find something else for our players to do....maybe landscaping?

Honestly you people just need to chill the hell out. SIX AND TWO. Does the team have deficiencies? Sure they do....all teams do.... Everyone basically though the Patriots Defense was the king among squads until the Ravens demolished them last night...the same Ravens who got demolished 40-25 by the BROWNS. The same BROWNS that are currently 2-6. So please go ahead and tell me that the Ravens suck because they lost to a poor team...

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I really thought Dumboll would use him more like NE uses Edelman. Clearly I was wrong. 

I think the QB and WR needs to be on the same page to do that act...That will take at least another off season before Beasley and Allen can connect in the same way

Just now, Bangarang said:

This is so dumb. You can still have a weakness while winning games. Pretending like our offense is firing on all cylinders is silly. 

Forcing something because it is under utilized is a recipe for failure. Every action has a reaction.

Can’t see the forest for the trees...

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There’s no way Daboll is our OC next year right? It took him half the season to actually use Singletary. Beasley is a menace in the sit but we don’t take advantage of it for some reason.

Daboll’s play calling is good for short bursts but we could seriously be so much better.

Daboll turned a guy who threw 16 TD’s at Wyoming into a serviceable NFL QB in two years.

It's a bit of a myth that he's underutilized. He's been the target on 21.2 percent of the Bills' passes, and Brown has been the target on 23.1 percent of the throws. No other Bills receiver is even close. Edelman has been the target of exactly 25 percent of NE's passes. NE has passed it 360 times through 9 games, and the Bills have thrown it 259 times through 8 games (the Bills are ranked 24th in pass attempts per game; they really don't throw it much). 

Factor in that Edelman is for all intents and purposes a #1 in the NE offense. Beasley is a number 2 (Brown is #1 because he's their best receiver), and number 2s generally are targeted less than number ones. 

Tyler Lockett, who always seems to be on the receiving end of Wilson's passes, has been targeted 59 times on 293 attempts (20.1 percent), and he's the leader on that team. They spread it around. The difference between Lockett and Beasley is that he catches the ball at a higher rate  (81.9 percent to Beasley's 63.6 percent, which isn't terrible). But that's because he's a better player who is playing with a much better QB.  

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So, according to internet experts: Beasley needs more targets. We have to get Singletary 20-25 touches a game. Smoke still needs targets. Need a few carries for Gore and a few for Allen. Allen, by the way should be throwing 40 passes a game. Kroft should be targeted more, yet somehow Knox needs more targets as well. Foster should have a bunch of targets and hey, lets run son flick passes to McKenzie as well. Think we are at about 300 plays needed to run a game. Can we add an extra 5 quarters?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He has been targeted 55 times this season and Brown has been targeted 60 times. No one else is even close. Last week, he was targeted 7 times. He is on pace for 110 targets, 70 catches, 674 yards, and 6 TDs. The most he was ever targeted before was 98 times. 

Thank you - was just looking this up.

Both He and Brown are on career pace for targets, catches, yards, and TDs.  They are projected to be top or 2nd highest of their careers and people complain we are not running enough.

Not sure how you run more - throw less - and then increase targets to Cole and Brown - while getting the TE and Singletary more involved also.  

I am looking as the team is just fine in how they are approaching the offense - they still need to clean some things up, but they have good scoring rate in the red zone and can drive the ball 70+ yards for scores.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chill said:

Some people just don’t understand tendencies and flow of an NFL game including ? 

Dont mess with the Juju, we are winning. 

Look I get it. The teams we are winning against are complete dumpster fires. I also get why these fans want to see the issues we have fixed so that when we play against good teams like New England and Philly once we can get to the playoffs we can actually make some noise.

Would you like to get to the buffet and not have a plate?

Yeah me either.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Beasley on pace to have a career year in TD receptions and his second best season in yards and receptions. I think we're utilizing him and yes it be nice to see him get a few more catches I think the biggest issue is finding a 3rd guy as mentioned in yesterday's broadcast, maybe Singletary can be that guy.  

Just now, Bangarang said:

So you’re satisfied with Daboll and believe he’s getting the most out of this offense?

I think he’s doing a pretty good job. Allen is throwing to mostly nobodies. He’s got the corpse of Frank Gore and a rookie RB. Isaiah McKenzie has become a nice litttle gadget player. 

Do I think he could improve a little? Sure. Do I think a new OC is getting Josh Drew Brees’ numbers, Gore and Singletary 1k yards each, and Isaiah McKenzie a cool thousand yards receiving? No.

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I really thought Dumbol Daboll would use him more like NE uses Edelman. Clearly I was wrong. 

I think Daboll is using him in that fashion, but Brady has thrown over 110 more pass attempts than Josh. Josh has a go to guy in Brown. Brown is on pace for 82 receptions and over 1200 yds. Cole's numbers just aren't going to be up there, but he is 2nd on the team and on pace for 70 receptions and 675 yds. Not bad for being the 2nd or 3rd option on a team that doesn't throw so much. You also have to keep in mind Cole is not Julian and Josh is definitely no Brady.  

Dumbol?! Really? :thumbdown: