Cole Beasley not being utilized right.

CEN-CAL17

Get the man more targets. He’s showed up in the red zone the past few weeks which is great.

The issue is his targets are limited. He has 2 targets today.  I understand the Bills were trying establish the run all day but his targets have drastically dropped. In the first 3-4 games he was averaging like 7 targets a game.

Cole is super tough to cover inside 5 yards. I’d like to see Daboll use more bunch sets, move Beasley in motion more, rub routes crossing route etc. I just feel Beasley is not being used right and could be more productive and help this offense if Daboll makes a serious effort to move him around and get him more targets. It would also benefit John Brown, keep get some quick passes to Beasley and suck up the Safeties. 

Just hate seeing someone who can get open quickly get limited to no targets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Reader said:

I wonder how much of it falls on Josh and how much of it falls on Daboll. Beasley is our 3rd down outlet and it would be nice to see Josh use him multiple times a game to keep drives moving.

Pretty sure it’s mostly the QB that isn’t finding Beasley.  To be fair, Beasley was targeted early in the year.  He responded by dropping a few passes

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Get the man more targets. He’s showed up in the red zone the past few weeks which is great.

The issue is his targets are limited. He has 2 targets today.  I understand the Bills were trying establish the run all day but his targets have drastically dropped. In the first 3-4 games he was averaging like 7 targets a game.

Cole is super tough to cover inside 5 yards. I’d like to see Daboll use more bunch sets, move Beasley in motion more, rub routes crossing route etc. I just feel Beasley is not being used right and could be more productive and help this offense if Daboll makes a serious effort to move him around and get him more targets. It would also benefit John Brown, keep get some quick passes to Beasley and suck up the Safeties. 

When you only throw 16 times, 2 out of 16 isn't all that bad.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Does that mean he's only being used left???

I’d say he’s being used perfectly. 

For some reason, the Bills don’t have an intermediate passing game. As a compliment that usually opens up the underneath patterns, that Beasley is very good at. Those routes haven’t been productive this season so far, and i think that’s what so many people were hoping for. Beasley is great in short yardage situations, but he’s not an explosive player. He’s sure handed and runs great routes. Defenses aren’t  giving away the middle of the field for Beasley to exploit those holes. But, Daboll has seemingly found a place for Beasley in the red zone. That route he ran today was beautiful. Same as last weeks. 

If they had another outside threat that could draw at least single coverage, this offense could really open up. Scheming around personnel deficiencies doesn’t make for an explosive offense. Until that’s fixed, the passing game will be middle of the road and frustrating. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Mrs. Beasley, your son was getting more volume in targets earlier in the year. His targets have dropped but he's now getting redzone targets. This Offense hasn't played a great game yet. Give them more time....

7 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Six and two.

just win. Doesn’t matter how you do it.

This is my favorite homer stance. You can't be critical of the obvious inadequacies of the team because they beat a 1 and something dumpster fire. 

This team has beaten the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals, Giants, and Titans, which are a combined 9-41. None has a winning record. They've looked bad in a number of them.

But yeah, if everyone hear drinking the Koolaid is OK with winning and "not changing what's working" I can't want until they get steamrolled in the playoffs... if they make it. Maybe then you'll be open to assessing this team's weaknesses? Probably not. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

All week it’s all about how we didn’t run the ball enough. Now they don’t run enough, and it’s we didn’t pass enough. This fan base...

It’s about proper balance and proper situational football. Daboll has not figured out either...