Sunday Nite Football Patriots*** at Ravens 8:20 ET NBC

On 11/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

Honestly, your defense is good, but was incredibly overhyped.  I mean, better than the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens?  No way, your defense isn't in the same league as those teams.  They just didn't face a team that exploited them like Baltimore did.  You also have Philly, Dallas, KC, and Houston coming up after your bye week.  Brutal schedule...

I never thought they were that good! (Rules don’t allow that kind of defenses anymore) They were built to beat teams like KC.. The secondary is the strength of the unit the only team left that scares me is Houston with Watson.. but even they don’t call QB runs like the Ravens do.  They will destroy Philly (QB is not a runner like almost and the secondary can contain their weapons), Dallas will do something stupid and lose by 14 (Another HC who will pee himself in the Razor) KC will lose in the razor.. (Andy Reid will brain fart a decision),Houston will be tough in Texas but I trust O’Brien do something stupid late to give the Pats the win.. 

writing that it’s amazing how many HC just pee themselves when they face BB. 

13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Exactly. The very first play should have been Marshawn up the middle with his hair on fire.

Agreed. If I remember right, the play right before that was a Marshawn run where he just bowled over people, finally got brought down at the 1. He wanted it bad, and should have been given the ball again.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've never fully agreed with this. Marshawn was terrible at the goal line all season and was never really a big TD producer. You've got an excellent, savvy QB and you're thinking you'll catch them off guard or a lane will open for Wilson. The result was catastrophic, but the call itself was fine IMO. What if they smashed the ball up the middle 4 times and got stuffed? Imagine the criticism THAT would garner. If you run on first and second and don't get it, you know full well they're gonna be expecting pass on 3rd and/or 4th. 

I understand the rationale of those who disliked the call; hand the ball off and get a yard. I just don't think it's that simple.

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've never fully agreed with this. Marshawn was terrible at the goal line all season and was never really a big TD producer. You've got an excellent, savvy QB and you're thinking you'll catch them off guard or a lane will open for Wilson. The result was catastrophic, but the call itself was fine IMO. What if they smashed the ball up the middle 4 times and got stuffed? Imagine the criticism THAT would garner. If you run on first and second and don't get it, you know full well they're gonna be expecting pass on 3rd and/or 4th. 

I understand the rationale of those who disliked the call; hand the ball off and get a yard. I just don't think it's that simple.

I believe Lynch did not have a carry that entire season that resulted in negative yards. It was a no-brainer, give him the rock.

Sorry for the double quote.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Lynch was the likely SB MVP winner if they won. He was playing great that night.   They should have tried at least once. 

Yep. They also had the option of Wilson on a bootleg to the corner. Anyway, the ball should have stayed on the ground from there. I don’t think there would have been a huge outcry if by chance the Pats stopped them on four tries ( unlikely). Collinsworth said it best after the game , dumbfounded at what just happened “ I’m running it there and if they stop you four times from the one then god bless ‘em”. Dumbest playcall in SB history, and it’s not close. Yes, it really is that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow! No clear evidence? His elbow was down in every angle making him down so ya clear evidence... 

outside of that True if the Ravens don’t fumble who knows what the score be like..  the refs were not horrible outside of that extremely bad miss pick call on 4th and 1 but it is what it is.. one loss and I’m not worried about a playoff rematch..  Lamar a run first QB whose throws don’t scare anyone. 

Well unfortunately your offense doesn’t scare good defenses anymore either, but Belicheat usually finds a way to adjust, so the rematch will be interesting if both teams remain relatively healthy from this point on...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PSU1 said:

I believe Lynch did not have a carry that entire season that resulted in negative yards. It was a no-brainer, give him the rock.

Ok. You just provided me some info that i was not aware of. I did not know that Lynch had not LOST YARDAGE a single time all season. That changes me perception a BIT. One thing people tend to miss is the very real possibility that a run could result in negative yardage. If the defense plays it properly, you could end up with the ball back at the 4. We've all seen that many times.

I still don't have a problem with the playcall, but that's good info.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Well unfortunately your offense doesn’t scare good defenses anymore either, but Belicheat usually finds a way to adjust, so the rematch will be interesting if both teams remain relatively healthy from this point on...

Your right it just isn’t clicking.. I think it’s the O line.. amazing how a fractured oline makes an o look bad..  a rematch be very interesting.. Lamar an amazing athlete IMO just not a real QB.. Watson scares me a lot more as a QB..  He will be elite for years as long as his oline doesn’t get him killed.

On 11/4/2019 at 3:12 PM, BringBackOrton said:

He’s somehow still underrated. Like I know there are multiple MVP candidates but they are 7-2 in a tough division and he has thrown 22 TD’s to 1 INT. He’s so good every week it’s gross.

Until this year I underrated Wilson- probably because I never wanted to draft him and my ego is fragile- but someone here made me look at his numbers and his teammates and he is the best QB of past 6 years.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s playing well, no doubt. He’s running the 49ers Roman offense with some added wrinkles. Hope he keeps it up.

That spin move run was RIDICULOUS. Shouldn’t be possible at the NFL level.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

He’s playing well, no doubt. He’s running the 49ers Roman offense with some added wrinkles. Hope he keeps it up.

That spin move run was RIDICULOUS. Shouldn’t be possible at the NFL level.

He’s a different kind of accurate and he’s more advanced as a passer than pretty much all “super mobile” QBs. Ironically, RG3 was probably that guy until Lamar came along. 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s a different kind of accurate and he’s more advanced as a passer than pretty much all “super mobile” QBs. Ironically, RG3 was probably that guy until Lamar came along. 

He can also complete the deep pass pretty regularly with Hollywood. Hard to defend a guy who can run for 20 or pass for 40 with 8 or 9 guys in the box. I wonder if we’ll make Edmunds a dedicated spy all game.

16 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He can also complete the deep pass pretty regularly with Hollywood. Hard to defend a guy who can run for 20 or pass for 40 with 8 or 9 guys in the box. I wonder if we’ll make Edmunds a dedicated spy all game.

Probably should, thought he played well yesterday

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The league in general, and the wise heads in particular (I'm looking at you Bill) got it completely wrong. I'm sorry to have to say it but there may even have been some racial animus/stereotyping going on. In their defence however I think it's more than fair to say that Lamar did not fit the profile of the type of young QB that we had seen develop to succeed for decades. What they missed is that he breaks the mould. Polian now acknowledges that he got it wrong. Thing is, there were also a number of analysts who got it right. From what I garnered from some podcasts and analyst film breakdown/studies, as well as from what tape I was myself able to access from the Internet, it was obvious that Jackson was not only electrifying as a runner, but had plenty of potential to develop as a passer as well. He had the arm strength, field vision, anticipation and, yes, also the accuracy you like to see. He was a better passer at Louisville than Josh was at Wyo. He too could be inconsistent but his problems were in the nature of (probably) correctable mechanics. 

While Raven's pairing him with Roman was a marriage made in heaven, his future is tied more to his continuing development as a passer. He will always be a threat to run and opposing DCs will always have to deal with it but I'm of the view that too much read option and designed runs will shorten his career, however good he is at avoiding impactful hits. When he took over from Flacco last year he was for sure a run first if not run only QB. This was to be expected. With less than half a season behind him in 2019 we now see the passing game beginning to open up and that's a progression that I expect will continue.

A note I find of interest: there are very few NFL QBs that can drop a dime falling off their back foot - Rodgers can do it, Mahomes can do it, and I saw Jackson do it for a thirty yard score earlier this year. Dude looks to become a really good QB, if he's not already. 

Edited by starrymessenger