Sunday Nite Football Patriots*** at Ravens 8:20 ET NBC

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Miami scored 38 on those Bears and Jax scored 36 on those Ravens. Everyone has a bad game.

This NE defense is nowhere near as good as those. Not even close. Another reason you don’t write articles about a team being the greatest while a season is going on. The Fall is Coming for NE! Love to see it!!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Miami scored 38 on those Bears and Jax scored 36 on those Ravens. Everyone has a bad game.

Those were all - time great legendary defenses ,with legendary players all over the field. This Pats D just isn’t in  that category. 

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

With 9 new starters on O its a work in progress.

Agreed. And some of those new starters probably aren’t good enough. Still climbing the hill....

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

This is the dumbest angle people take. To even mention a player on a different team being superior does not make you a fan of a different team. It makes you a fan that isn't a dumbass. 

eighton Vander Esch >>>> Tremaine Edmunds. Does that make me a cowboys fan now?

Why hate on Allen, to prop up Jackson. That is what I don't get. One has nothing to do with the other. 

Having been one of the few to give props to Jackson early on for being more than a gimmick and throwing a good ball, I also believe he stepped into the best situation he could - solid org, one of the best o-lines, and a coach that knows how to tailor an offense to his skills.

Do you honestly think that Jackson has that game against NE if he were behind our line with Daboll calling the plays?  Does he have that game if he was in Darnold's shoes in NY with Gase whispering to him? And that is why I don't feel like I have to say Allen, Darnold, or any young QB sucks just to somehow give props to Jackson for having a good game.

And it is a bit disingenuous to pick a position outside QB for your comparison, I can play this too - Quinton Nelson is better than Spain at guard. Pressers don't usually include players other than QB for a reason. The QB position is a focal point for an NFL org and constantly throwing shade on your QB does make me wonder what some fans are trying to prove.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This NE defense is nowhere near as good as those. Not even close. Another reason you don’t write articles about a team being the greatest while a season is going on. The Fall is Coming for NE! Love to see it!!

The tough part of their schedule is coming after the bye.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Right now, they are. Still 1/2 a season to go though. We can agree to disagree.

16 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Nice to see the Patriots lose but Jackson looks way better than Josh out there. After seeing that horrible playoff game last season with Jackson I was quite convinced we had made the right choice with Josh but tonight was really impressive. Jackson ran great and had some really nice passes. Ravens came up clutch and a great gameplan by Harbaugh got it done. 

Lamar looks good, but he has to be used correctly.  He’s got not one, but three good TEs to throw to, a very good RB and some speedy WRs.  And a good OL.  Those TEs make life MUCH easier on a young QB.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Those were all - time great legendary defenses ,with legendary players all over the field. This Pats D just isn’t in  that category. 

Agreed. And some of those new starters probably aren’t good enough. Still climbing the hill....

Wait.  You dare say Chase Winovich is not legendary?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dopey said:

Right now, they are. Still 1/2 a season to go though. We can agree to disagree.

No they are not. Did you watch the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens? This NE defense is a scheme D that doesn’t have the talent to match. Those other D were talent and scheme. 

Belichick is a greater defensive minded coach. He just doesn’t have the talent anywhere on this team like the media and some people like you want to believe. The last 20 years don’t matter this year. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It is going to be fun when Brady leaves and they become a perrenial 6-10 team.

Don’t get your hopes up.  The 6-10 part is not going to happen until Belichick is long gone.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Don’t get your hopes up.  The 6-10 part is not going to happen until Belichick is long gone.

Most winning coaches that are hitched to a great QB hang it up in short order when that QB is gone. Maybe BB won’t , but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. The legacy can be tainted. 

26 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Go take a look at the record of the teams the Bears and Ravens played in those years. Quite a difference in the competition from what the Pat's have played this year so far outside of us and the Raven's.

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You can't just make a dumb argument and then say we can agree to disagree. 

You see, just cuz you think it's dumb doesnt make it so. I 1st pointed out each of the great defenses had a bad game. A couple of people got their tightie whities all bunched up. And by the way, who are you to call my statement dumb?!

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

No they are not. Did you watch the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens? This NE defense is a scheme D that doesn’t have the talent to match. Those other D were talent and scheme. 

Belichick is a greater defensive minded coach. He just doesn’t have the talent anywhere on this team like the media and some people like you want to believe. The last 20 years don’t matter this year. 

Yes I watched those teams. We're 1/2 way through the season. If they play the 2nd 1/2 like the 1st half, I believe they're in the discussion.

Edited by Dopey