Ed Oliver first half grade

Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

True but Kyle being a 5th rounder offsets that I think. I guess my expectations are too high. I expect a top 10 draft pick to immediately step in and be a impact player for our D. 

I'm probably being way to critical. I typically support giving the player time but this just feels off after the last couple weeks.  

Great point re: 5th round, so you're right on about expectations.  I too think a top 10 draft pick is expected to be a day one starter and have an impact.  In theory, Oliver should fit into that type of expectation.  I'm guessing coming from U of Houston, he was a big fish in a smaller pond, and the NFL is a bigger adjustment than a player from say the U of Texas.

This may be a judgment error on Beane; though to be fair, someone else probably would have picked him later in the first round as he had that type of grade.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think Oliver is just not very good against the run.  He needs to bulk up and get stronger as he gets dominated by the OG.  Oliver hasn't been a factor in the pass rush, either.  So between him being a rookie and a little undersized, Oliver isn't making any type of impact, hence decreased playing time.

def disappointment at 9 overall......gotta make impact at that number