Ed Oliver first half grade

Big Blitz

This board does this with Bills draft picks all the time see some of the things Trumaine Edwards has been called in here...the people who do evaluations of every snap of Bills games like Joe Buscgalia say he’s doing very well but I’d make that  pick every single day and never regret it as he’s going to be really good with more snaps and an NFL off season conditioning program behind him 

i think everyone who is down on ed should take a looksey at the cant miss, blockbuster, arguably best player in the draft, quinnen williams stats.

it will make you feel better.

i think the kid is decent but just not a game disrupter yet. prob needs a full offseason of strength conditioning with coaches and seeing how often kyle is in his ear..he will have one of the best.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think Oliver will be fine.  I liked the pick.  Always love building in the trenches first.

But yea if we all had it over again I think 80 percent of us would say DK.  

Absolutely nothing against Oliver.  Just saying this offense desperately needs his prototype at WR.  

Agree with this 100 percent.  Still see the talent there. 

I still would never take Metcalf in the top 10

DTs usually take a few years to flash, Metcalf has Wilson one of the best QBs in the world

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The guy I've been harping about since draft day: Metcalf.

This horse is so beaten it's now glue. 

You know who everyone wanted on the D-line before the draft? Quinnen Williams. Jets fans have declared him a bust after 8 games. Maybe the Bills can pick him up for a 7th in the off-season.

A steady hand in developing young players is more important than your (and other's) hot-takes and hindsight drafting. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I still would never take Metcalf in the top 10

DTs usually take a few years to flash, Metcalf has Wilson one of the best QBs in the world

Nor me. Metcalf is playing well. He is exactly who I expected him to be in that offense and yet he is still not a top 10 pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

It seems to me that coaching staff relied on Jordan Philips and Vincent Taylor to stop the run.

I will look at the snap count analysis, but if this is the case, not a very good sign for Star and Ed, which are supposed to be our starters...

Oliver didn't start yesterday. Phillips did. 

Seemed like a lot more Taylor and Shaq in the 2nd half, but most noticeably Taylor. I barely registered Star in the 4th and I was watching that rotation all day.