Jaguars President - "2020 is a critical year for us."

Cynical

51 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A team in London with hopefully 8 games per season at 9:30am would be great. I’d like to see those fans get a team. They seem to be into it. I hope it happens.

I would hate football at 9:30am on a Sunday! I'm usually not even awake then.

I don't know how you can put a team in London because they will never be able to get around the travel trouble for all 8 of their away games, and then the 8 teams that have to go play in London will be at a disadvantage relative to all other teams in the league who do not play London.

You're talking about losing a day of the preparation week just traveling, not to mention jet lag/time zone shifts. 

For me those are fundamental problems that can't be overcome.

HOWEVER, money usually wins out in the end and there is no doubt the next big thing in pro sports, internationally, is going to be sports trying to sell themselves in non-traditional markets.

The NFL would LOVE to become huge in Europe, if it could.

• Like (+1) 2

I want to see them move to London just because I want to see how it works out for the league.  How will FA's view signing to play there.  How much of a fit will west coast teams throw having to make that trip?

But overall, how will England embrace having a team and what would it do for overall viewership?  I think it's something they should try in Mexico as well.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think the London works if you go 4 game home stand then 4 games on the road and rotate that way. I feel like maybe the travel issues are over blown but I’m not pretending to be an expert on it.

And I think the team would need a "secondary home" as well in the US as a base when you do a road stretch. 

There are logistics issues but not of them are insurmountable. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Playoffs would be a huge problem, especially if the London team had to play a West Coast team on a week's notice.

Put Saint Doug permanently in charge of the London team?

Is 2020 critical because the ‘seat tarps’ will have outlived the UV life expectancy?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

I have been doing the west coast/London flight from Seattle a few times a year now. It’s around a 9 hour flight with an 8 hour time difference.

I think it’s doable so long as you fly out immediately after the previous game. I usually fly out around 1-3pm, pull an all nighter on the plane and end up in London in the mid-morning. I then stay awake until bed time. You adjust pretty quickly this way and by the third or fourth day are more or less adjusted to the time change.

London will NEVER get a team.

NEVER.

The freaking Super Bowl starts at 11:30 pm for those people over there.

They would never be able to play a Thursday, Sunday or Monday Night game.

Imagine if they were ever good and couldn’t play a prime time game?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

London will NEVER get a team.

NEVER.

The freaking Super Bowl starts at 11:30 pm for those people over there.

They would never be able to play a Thursday, Sunday or Monday Night game.

Imagine if they were ever good and couldn’t play a prime time game?

Prime time would be away games.