A few thoughts about the TBD gameday thread, in no particular order

14 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its funny when Tyrod was here that wasn't good enough but with Allen its good enough. 

What is there about the collective amount of Allen critique on this board that leads you to say so?

That queried, you do realize that Allen makes fundamentally different passes than Tyrod did?  He will step up into a throwing lane in the pocket and throw with anticipation.  Not always, but steadily increasing.  After Tyrod had been here 2 years, we realized he wasn't going to and that was proven in 2017 when he was put into a WCO that expected him to throw timing passes and his output fell off.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is there about the collective amount of Allen critique on this board that leads you to say so?

That queried, you do realize that Allen makes fundamentally different passes than Tyrod did?  He will step up into a throwing lane in the pocket and throw with anticipation.  Not always, but steadily increasing.  After Tyrod had been here 2 years, we realized he wasn't going to and that was proven in 2017 when he was put into a WCO that expected him to throw timing passes and his output fell off.

Come on hapless... don’t be crazy. Tyrod made those third and 18 throws with a chance to ice the game every single week. Obviously. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Allen is a 1st round QB, Tyrod is not. The critique is warranted and should not be a surprise. Tyrod was an underdog story, and we know how WNY'ers love their underdogs.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm as salty as anyone about Terry Bradshaw saying on the postgame show "the Bills are Not a Good Team".  But he is a championship-winning QB and when Howie (I think) responded that we're 6-2 and if Allen can connect on the deep pass that's our missing piece, Terry shook his head and said "they aren't built for that" and then expanded "they need more weapons"

I think Brown is the best WR we've had here in years and the perfect "don't say much, work hard" guy not to Diva out at any Allen growing pains.  But we're missing a #1 guy, and so far Daboll's plan to not have a #1 guy but spread it around is not working out too well.

Did you watch the game?  The passing numbers overall were not high, but  Jackson had a couple of "exorcist" level spin-your-head-around how did he make that? throws which relied upon both unreal passing and unreal receiving skills.

???

The point I was making is you don't need 300 plus yards passing to beat a good football team. Control the football / TOP, and keep Tom Brady off the football field.

Yes, I watched the game...

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
my mistake

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Allen is a 1st round QB, Tyrod is not. The critique is warranted and should not be a surprise. Tyrod was an underdog story, and we know how WNY'ers love their underdogs.

The contention to which I was responding was " Its funny when Tyrod was here that wasn't good enough but with Allen its good enough.  "

Would you assert that in general, the contention here is that Allen is "good enough"?  Is that your contention?

Would you argue (which the above seems to imply) that Tyrod was supported and considered "good enough" when he was here?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The contention to which I was responding was " Its funny when Tyrod was here that wasn't good enough but with Allen its good enough.  "

Would you assert that in general, the contention here is that Allen is "good enough"?  Is that your contention?

Would you argue (which the above seems to imply) that Tyrod was supported and considered "good enough" when he was here?

I contend that Tyrod was given more rope than Allen will receive due to Allen's draft status.

23 minutes ago, Figster said:

???

The point I was making is you don't need 300 plus yards passing to beat a good football team. Control the football / TOP, and keep Tom Brady off the football field.

Yes, I watched the game...

(I messed up a name, I meant Lamar)

I certainly agree with your point that 300 yd games are not needed to beat a good football team given good defense and clock control!!!

My point was that I don't see Lamar as a 2nd Tyrod.  I think that's a superficial "running QB" type comparison.  Lamar was a better passer than Tyrod ever was in college and he's a better passer now than Tyrod ever showed in the pro's.  Tyrod never made those "spin my head around" throws Lamar pulled off a couple times last night.

4 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I contend that Tyrod was given more rope than Allen will receive due to Allen's draft status.

OK, so your contention is that Tyrod was a "feel good underdog story" that was given more rope by the fans than Allen is given by the fans, because fans expect more of a #1?

I don't know about that.  There was a lot of criticism of TT as an incapable passer from Day 1.

It's certainly not true that Allen will get less rope from the coaches because of his draft status - to the contrary.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

(I messed up a name, I meant Lamar)

I certainly agree with your point that 300 yd games are not needed to beat a good football team given good defense and clock control!!!

My point was that I don't see Lamar as a 2nd Tyrod.  I think that's a superficial "running QB" type comparison.  Lamar was a better passer than Tyrod ever was in college and he's a better passer now than Tyrod ever showed in the pro's.  Tyrod never made those "spin my head around" throws Lamar pulled off a couple times last night.

I think Taylors problem was between the ears and wasn't implying Lamar is Tyrod Taylor the 2nd.

Although the styles of play are similar...

Edited by Figster

14/20 for 160 yards gets it done on a very windy day.  Everyone seems to forget that the winds can change a gameplan.  More running, less throwing.  If anything the game shows that the team learned that on a windy day they need to run the ball more than.  The Bills had almost double the running plays they tried vs the Eagles and threw 41% fewer times vs Washington as they did the prior week vs Philadelphia.  

So anyone who quotes a stat line on a windy day & claims it won't work down the line needs to understand weather conditions better & be glad the Bills learned from the Eagles game to run more on a windy day.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, zonabb said:

Classic Homer right here. Good lord. Always clap, always wear rose color glasses, always ignore the quality of the teams they beat.... good lord. 

Proudly booed them again today. How many times are they going to line up DeMarco and Gore in the I or offset I and get no gain before they realize this isn't 1958? 

Enjoy winning badly. It's not sustainable and it will beat no team in this league with a winning record. But yeah, "convincing" win today over the 1-7 Redskins and a rookie QB who had the handcuffs on just like the Bills treat Allen. 

Think this team is beating the Ravens who are crushing the Pats? Or Chiefs? Or Houston? Nope, nope, nope, and nope. 

I hate being a bills fan because of people like you. These miserable "woke" toxic fans that always have to be right. Always have to be a contrarian. For what? Is your life that miserable that you have to tear other people down when they're happy their team has the best record they've had since 1993? 

"Proudly booed them again today." Holy hell. I guarantee you weren't at the game because you would have been knocked the ***** out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

14/20 for 160 yards gets it done on a very windy day.  Everyone seems to forget that the winds can change a gameplan.  More running, less throwing.  If anything the game shows that the team learned that on a windy day they need to run the ball more than.  The Bills had almost double the running plays they tried vs the Eagles and threw 41% fewer times vs Washington as they did the prior week vs Philadelphia.  

So anyone who quotes a stat line on a windy day & claims it won't work down the line needs to understand weather conditions better & be glad the Bills learned from the Eagles game to run more on a windy day.  

Good posting Albany,

I wonder If all the "fire Daboll" posters get it.

19 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Never complain after a Buffalo Bills win

- Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, he posted that on his Twitter account.

45 minutes ago, The Senator said:

You were right, sort of...

Lee Meriweather replaced Julie Newmar in the 1966 feature film...

CC1857B9-0279-4A39-9516-038EF86B78D9.jpeg

Where are Myron Bolitar and Windsor Horne Lockwood III when we need them?

• 3 weeks later...