A few thoughts about the TBD gameday thread, in no particular order

1 minute ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

you must have missed where I said "Redskins" right before that.

Then why the reference? That's typically what the conspicuously woke crowd does to signal their moral superiority.

If that's not what you were doing then that's good. I agree with your broader point, which is one reason I don't get too vocal when things go poorly. It sucks to have to eat crow because the Bills won. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Always so easily triggered. You, that is. :nana:

Eh, it's a pet peave of mine. My Indian wife doesn't get mad at the Tim Grahams of the world, she just laughs at them. I get a little more irritated by it.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i had just one observation today.

was i the only one who thought Josh looked really calm in the pocket today? i don't think I saw him have happy feet once today.

Been like that the past few games. 

Today was a good win but after so many Buffalo collapses over the years it was tough to watch them sitting on 7 point lead for half the game.   Think folks were just venting the frustration of the defense once again soft at the point of attack and the offense again disappearing for stretches.

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Then why the reference? That's typically what the conspicuously woke crowd does to signal their moral superiority.

If that's not what you were doing then that's good. I agree with your broader point, which is one reason I don't get too vocal when things go poorly. It sucks to have to eat crow because the Bills won. 

Eh, it's a pet peave of mine. My Indian wife doesn't get mad at the Tim Grahams of the world, she just laughs at them. I get a little more irritated by it.

It was an obvious joke in the OP. But good for you for fighting the good fight for us white dudes to be able to say whatever we want without consequence. We've had it tough in the past. Cmon man.

• Like (+1) 1

In an article from the Athletic talking to Lee Evans (Q&A: Lee Evans on his favorite Bills memories and how this team can avoid a 2008-like finish ):

People are saying that the Bills might be a paper tiger and that they are not as good as their record indicates. What do you see with this team?

Ha. I see a team winning games. It doesn’t really matter who you’re playing. You have to play who’s in front of you and play up to your capability. But I think what they have now — I mean, they certainly have a good young core of talent that is playing well together. And they have some veterans at key positions, guys like Frank Gore. They have veterans who can keep the guys who’ve never been through it, keep them going. From the years that we were there, when I first got there, there was a lot of veteran leadership. But I think they have a good mix of both now, and I think that makes a big difference.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

OK guys, we are 6-2 woohoo!  So why do so many Bills fans act like we are a terrible football team, edging toward implosion?  Some of the posts today absolutely drove me crazy.  I swear some of you are Russian trolls.  

1. Just stop with the "barely beating bad teams" posts.  24-9 is a convincing win.  Redskins are not a good team, but that doesn't mean we are going to win by 100 points.  We had many missed opportunities, but at no point were the Bills not in control of this game.  The R-words never led and never scored a TD.  In the end we won by more than 2 TDs.

2. We are 6-2 halfway in.  6-2 x 2 = 12-4.  Maybe we drop an extra game or two, but we would have to totally implode not to earn our way to the playoffs this year.  That would be the first time we EARNED our way to the playoffs this century.  Think about that.

You can homer it up all you want but this team has some serious flaws.

All the 6-2 start has proven is they're not a terrible team like the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Titans, Giants and Bengals.

If your expectations for this franchise are so low that you're happy with "not terrible" in year #3 of the coach's tenure then I'm sure you're ecstatic right now. Which is cool - to each their own.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

well Miami is the Fish, NJ is the Jests, NE is the Pats* … is there a more established nickname I was supposed to use for WSH?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

It was an obvious joke in the OP. But good for you for fighting the good fight for us white dudes to be able to say whatever we want without consequence. We've had it tough in the past. Cmon man.

Don't be that guy. Woke white guy is such a lame identity. You don't need that.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You can homer it up all you want but this team has some serious flaws.

All the 6-2 start has proven is they're not a terrible team like the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Titans, Giants and Bengals.

If your expectations for this franchise are so low that you're happy with "not terrible" in year #3 of the coach's tenure then I'm sure you're ecstatic right now. Which is cool - to each their own.

my expectations right now are 10-6.  They may do better.

46 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

OK guys, we are 6-2 woohoo!  So why do so many Bills fans act like we are a terrible football team, edging toward implosion?  Some of the posts today absolutely drove me crazy.  I swear some of you are Russian trolls.  

1. Just stop with the "barely beating bad teams" posts.  24-9 is a convincing win.  Redskins are not a good team, but that doesn't mean we are going to win by 100 points.  We had many missed opportunities, but at no point were the Bills not in control of this game.  The R-words never led and never scored a TD.  In the end we won by more than 2 TDs.

2. We are 6-2 halfway in.  6-2 x 2 = 12-4.  Maybe we drop an extra game or two, but we would have to totally implode not to earn our way to the playoffs this year.  That would be the first time we EARNED our way to the playoffs this century.  Think about that.

3. Haters cannot have it both ways on Daboll.  He drives me nuts because he outthinks his own self doing the unexpected at the worst possible times.  But here's the thing: we collectively criticized him going into this game as not pounding the rock enough.  And this game, he pounded the rock …  a lot, and successfully.  Yet, somehow, this became a liability late in the game with lots of "stop running on 3rd and 1" posts.  Gore is getting those calls and we want Singletary, I get it but at least Daboll is finally running the football!  Baby steps, sheesh.

4. Last night I saw upon the stair

A little man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today

I hope he never goes away!

5. Still so many Allen-cant-get-it-done posts.  He was 14-20, 160 yards and a TD with no INT.  Those aren't great stats for fantasy football, but for NFL football it gets the job done.  His job was not to score 50 points, it was to score more points than the other team.  And once again, he made plays when it most mattered.  And he is learning not throw INTs playing hero ball, throwing it away if he has to.  And OK, I will admit he needs to hold onto the football better when he runs.  But there was at least one put in Barkley post . . . SMH.

6. Booing your own team is never classy.  I cant imagine it is helpful, either.  Better to circle the wagons and support the team.  Even online.

Bottom line: By now you all know I like a good snark, and we all have fun with "any given Sunday" and "its hard to win in the NFL" tropes.  But it is true that in this league, almost any team can beat almost any other team if they have a good game and/or get some lucky breaks.  We won another game today, and are one win closer to earning a playoff spot.  

GO BILLS!

First off, how dare you mimmick what I rightfully stole first!

Second, I'm going to hit each point by point:

1 - Until the Bills equally play up to an opponents level this season, it's a valid argument. 

2 - We've imploded not once, but twice in the last decade.  You can't expect people to forget.  We do play a far easier schedule this year and it should still be considered an upset if we don't.

3 - As I just talked about in my post-game, I will continue to bash him.  It's not just fans either at this point, it's columnists and the commentators in the game.  He doesn't know how to string together a full game that keeps the offense in rhythm.  He acts like he's calling plays for a team that can overcome major setbacks.  Look at his career resume, he's never shown that he can eventually string it together.  He is now exactly who he's been everywhere he's played.  He always played with a defense that could bail him out with superior talent.

4 - If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

5 - Agreed - He's playing the hand Daboll is dealing him.

6 - Disagree to a point.  I've said this before that games aren't cheap and the NFL is a product.  When you pay that much and are advertised a certain result, it's okay to show your displeasure when you don't get it.  If you spent $300 on something based on an advertisement and didn't get it, would you be all sunshine and rainbows when returning it? 

Go Bills B word!  ?

So we’re 6-2, with an easy schedule, and apparently that makes us not very good?

What dynasties have the God-like 8-0 Patriots (whom we should have, and almost did beat) brought down this season?

(Combined record of Pats opponents is 18-45 - hopefully they fall to the Ravens tonight!)

Gotta agree with Joe in Hampton Roads.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!!! ???

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, eanyills said:

The problem is that the Bills haven’t looked impressive. I’ll give them the Patriots loss but four of our wins are against the four worst teams in the league and we’ve struggled in all of them. They don’t pass the eye test (or the analytics test).

Also, 14/20 for 160 isn’t good enough to win against any playoff caliber team. This team isn’t as good as their record suggests. They might make the playoffs, great, but I still don’t think they’re very good. 

Agree the team isn't as good as the record.  As for Allen, can only go by what he did and they aren't asking him to do much.   Not sure how much they were afraid to throw becasue of the wind.

49 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Tyrod numbers.

Tyrod numbers except no way Tyrod can make half the throws that Allen makes.  Tyrod was afraid to throw it.  Allen isn't afraid, his opportunities seem to be limited by the play calls coming in.