Why not Fire Gase now?

4merper4mer

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I honestly think the a Jets have put themselves in a very difficult place.  The hired a coach that did not get along with the GM.  

Let that GM run FA and the draft where they got guys that did not fit what they wanted and way overpayed.

Sided with the coach after the draft and booted the GM to the curb.

Let the coach make trades for a couple of weeks while doing a token GM search.

Hire a guy that was basically the coaches choice (he may or may not be able to run a team). 

Let that GM and coach go through a trade deadline where they traded a former top 10 for a 3rd and 5th and took offers on several other very vocal players, but refused to make trades because they overvalued the players. 

Now on top of a losing culture and some already toxic culture - you have a bunch of vocal players that know they are not wanted.

Now the coach that you hired to fix everything you realize is a moron and now you are stuck with all of the rest of his choices - even getting rid of him - you still have his GM - so how much leeway does he have - do you let him hire a new coach, but if the talent does come - now you are firing a GM with a coach in place or do you clan house and get rid of the coach and GM and try to build this right?

It is just crazy.  Glad it is not us for once.

Yep. It is a total mess created by ownership. I think they have to stick with Joe Douglas and trust him to make the show work. He was a genuinely sought after personnel guy. Give him control let him start afresh at the HC spot and tell him he will be judged from next year on based on his coach hire and his personnel moves.

6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Aren't you supposed to give new hires atleast til their 3rd year before you fire them?

Everyone seemed to have that mentality here with Rex.........

Rex was 8-8 his first year. Where is the comparison with what is going on with Gase? 

And There were here some people here who wanted him gone  anyway after the first year and most wanted him gone the 2nd year. 

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. It is a total mess created by ownership. I think they have to stick with Joe Douglas and trust him to make the show work. He was a genuinely sought after personnel guy. Give him control let him start afresh at the HC spot and tell him he will be judged from next year on based on his coach hire and his personnel moves.

I totally agree - I am just not sure if the remaining players trust him or if all of the blame gets heaped on Gase.

If he retains any of the blame - keeping these players will be tough for Douglas.

I also wonder if this gives a guy like Jim Schwartz a potential opening as a stabilizing force and a connection from Philadelphia? Or maybe Mike Groh with his Rams and Philadelphia connection and a younger offensive coach.

15 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Unfortunately for the Bills, the Jets and Dolphins coaches will not be coaching their teams for long.  Both are not NFL head coach material.  The longer they stay around the better for the Bills.

Flores might be around longer than you think. I've been impressed with him the last few weeks. Management gave him virtually nothing to work with and this team plays hard and is more disciplined than I thought. If Miami can hit on half of those bounty of picks they have they could make some noise

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I tried to make an account on those JN forums but my account has been awaiting approval for like 3 weeks now.

Despite the animosity between ’them’ and ‘us’, we warned them...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1