Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

where do the next 4 wins come from?

I feel pretty confident about Denver, Miami, and NYJ.

Less confident in Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Likely losses against Dallas and Baltimore, but it's not like it would stunning to pull off a win against either.

No way at New England.

It seems like we should be able to get our wins out of that.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He has a tendency for untimely shanks.....that one could have been a killer in this game. Can’t happen imo 

Against the wind, just like the other punter who had like a 20 yard punt. Meh.

• Like (+1) 1

Kind of a ho hum performance. Bills D clamped down in 2nd half especially on the run game and only allowed 3 points which came when the Redskins already started in FG range due to the shanked punt.

Bills O went into a shell until later in the 4th when Daboll let Allen play again and lo and behold he drives us down for a TD to salt it away...

This conservative, play not to lose playcalling when they have a 10+ point lead is going to come back and bite them at some point...probably in the playoffs if they get a lead.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Foster can’t track the ball in the air and I predict he’s out of the league soon.  This was an issue last preseason which is why they cut him but somehow he came back and strung a bunch of games together where he could suddenly track the football.  Now it’s 2019 and once again he cannot track the ball.  Some athletes just don’t have football skills.

I’d like to see at least one catchable ball before we write him off as someone who can’t track the ball. Two shots in two consecutive weeks that were under thrown. 
Granted this week Dawkins got walked into Joshs lap on the throw. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

The point differential was fine, it was the Peterson runs that bothered me the most. YIKES! Did Star play less in the second half? How did they tighten that up. I’m an “emotional viewer”.  ?

There was no Star in the second half, and maybe Taylor is the first proactive step to fixing the run defense.They still need to finish a team off, but this is probably the kind of football that we will see til seasons end.

Edited by Rocket94

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

More than you'd think.

For all the heat Josh takes around here, take a look at lamar's passing numbers the past six weeks.

I agree his passing numbers aren’t much, but it actually hasn’t mattered. They’re just unconventional . Most teams don’t have the coaching or the personnel 

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I think I saw Star out there quite a bit.  Oliver did not play the 2nd half.  

In the second half?  In the first half, yes, he was out there quite a bit.  The second half I saw mostly J Phillips and V Taylor.

Time to be honest with ourselves:

1) Thrilled to be 6-2! Just win baby. 

2) The defense was the only side of the ball that seemed to make adjustments at half. That’s being against the run. Positive to see that at least. 
3) I said it in the game thread, but the lack of killer instinct on the offensive side of the ball is absolutely infuriating. This is what separates this team from taking the next step. Is this on Daboll or Mcdermott? Whoever it’s on, it needs to change. 
4) Josh nearly had all of his yards passing on the first three drives. He looked good today when given the chance. They need to turn him loose!

5) Improvements are a MUST if we want to beat a playoff caliber team this year and be a threat

in January. There’s still time, but the time is now. Show some killer instinct and beat the Browns on both sides next week and don’t let up. 

• Like (+1) 4