Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

Patriots been looking like shite so far...

I dont know why we got into the mentality that its easy to win any game in the nfl. It isnt!

We just want to see our offense score more, and I would argue today it did.

They got to keep building. Daboll needs to be smarter at times.

And no matter what next season we need a true #1 wr talent

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Don't believe he was down until after he had the first because he was on top of the defender. Unfortunately the ref missed that and blew the play dead (from what I remember).

Watch it again and look at his elbow. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Oh dear lord. Beane and McD made the salary cap mess.  Teams go from last to first or at least the playoffs all the time.  Playoffs or bust this year. Allen alone will determine if Beane and McD are here in 2021 

No the Pegulas will determine if Sean and Brandon are here. They have done a fantastic job of squaring away a disaster left behind by Russ, Whaley, and Ryan.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I do like it

Setting up the rest of the season.

The Bills need to be able impose their will in the run game.

as you saw them struggle to run into endzone on 4 downs.
This is what they should be working on with the O line.

Today really tested them and all game long.

They could have beat up the Redskins secondary easily i feel. but chose to work on run game.
The McKenzie motion stuff is driving me nuts, even if it works  once in awhile,

but Daboll is clearly setting up teams to defend just that, and the Allen runs. which also drive me nuts. Today was another fine example as to why he should nut run into traffic ever. put the ball on the field again. Is that 9 fumbles??

I really liked Allen’s play today. No big issues BUT two things. One was taking an unnecessary sack in red zone that killed a drive. Easily could have thrown it away but just froze and took a bad sack. However , no throws stood out being a bad throw into traffic etc.   Two, he has to get this ball security issue behind him, or under control. It cost us dearly against the eagles and almost did today. He did juggle the qb sneak he scored on but made a nice recovery before it squirted out. I only mention it because he did fumble carrying the ball later and while we recovered it, it easily could have turned momentum again in a game that was a one possession game deep  into the fourth quarter.  He has to be cognizant now that teams will try to hold him up on first contact as they wait for a second guy to come in attempting to strip the ball. It is what it is once you get a rep for fumbling.   Tiki Barber struggled with fumbling at one point in his career and Coughlin was close to benching him if my memory serves me. Coughlin really had him work on three point contact security and it turned his fumbling around. This issue is just as important as not making hero throws on plays that are dead. He has shown he is coachable and can change his tendencies so hopefully coaching solves this.  

I really love the guys competitiveness and his love of his team, leadership qualities while being humble and  never throwing teammates under a bus as they continue to drop a Significant rate of passes he rockets into their hands. Get this fumble thing under control, get the o line settled and stable ,  give him a legit deep threat with an O coordinator who doesn’t keep being cute at wrong times , and Allen will be a consistent winner.  I think he is a great fit for Buffalo; he is a good guy you can be proud to be a fan of and I hope he doesn’t let the fumble issue hold him back.   Good win today despite run d issues; looks  like we have our RB , QB for near future and need a young talented ANDRE REED type guy to grow with, and the Bills will be back in the Super Bowl hunt. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The salary cap mess was made by trading TT, Dareus, and Watkins which accelerated the dead money.  McD had cap space to bring back Gilmore and chose not to. But he spent wisely on Hyde and Poyer. 
I tend to agree that a playoff season this year may even buy both contract extensions. Allen looks like he is at least a capable QB at this point. But if they go 5-11 and Allen regresses next year against a second place schedule they will be in the hot seat. 

They inherited the contracts. They created the dead cap space. It's just a fact. 
It doesn’t matter now. They chose their path and forfeited the 2018 season. In the end if Allen is a franchise QB one bad season may be worth it.

So it's their fault they fixed the mess Rex and Whaley left?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Really????

Yeah. With all the negative hype around Haskins coming into his rookie year, I thought  he was fine. His game was meh. Some of his balls I verbally said, “oh that’s a good throw” He made some plays, missed some plays. Had a good first down with his legs. 

Maybe I am giving him more credit because I expected more of dumpster fires 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The killer instinct isn't there. It's a ***** guarantee if they are winning and they get the ball with some time left on the clock before the half ends they are kneeling or running it to halftime. Coaching scared. Eventually that's going to bite us in the ass in a close game, IMO. 

It has time and again with sean

Basically this conservative play or tyrod ball or jauron ball whatever you want to call it basically means any given week no matter who you are playing it will be close.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah. With all the negative hype around Haskins coming into his rookie year, I thought  he was fine. His game was meh. Some of his balls I verbally said, “oh that’s a good throw” He made some plays, missed some plays. Had a good first down with his legs. 

Maybe I am giving him more credit because I expected more of dumpster fires 

If the Bills could have gotten some pressure on him I think he would have looked a lot worse. He was very comfortable in the pocket most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Beach said:

question: when Knox caught the ball on 3rd down he landed on top of the defender, after he reached was he still short of a 1st down?  this happened on the drive that ended in turn over on downs.

I didn’t watch replays of this but I thought his shoulders were down On the turf when he was (mostly) on the defender. So I thought he was down short, live.

An offensive shift in making Singletary the primary weapon may be all that is needed for the Bills to be a serious contender.

The offense with NINE new starters has been a painful transition so far this year, but the shift to Singletary might be the thing to get the Bills to FINALLY having a consistent offense.

I was LOL'ing listening to some post-game interviews.  Apparently one of the adjustments they made was to go 8-in-the-box to stop the run and man-to-man on the outside, something we were screaming about in the GDT.  The Bills D treated Haskins like Joe Montana with zones and not stacking the box in the first half.  Looks like it only took 100+ yards from AP for Frazier to figure out that was the wrong game plan.  Once again TBD is better than the Bills staff.  And don't get me started on Dabes and his failure to play Motor last week.  Sheesh.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

WARNING WARNING 

6-2 for the first time in 27 years... yet I read this thread and you'd think the Bills were one of the worst teams in the league?   Why do so many people expect complete perfection in every play, every pass? Or blow outs in every game?

It would be nice if more people could just enjoy a good season after so many bad ones, and stop trying to set the stage to say I told you so when we don't win the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dan said:

6-2 for the first time in 27 years... yet I read this thread and you'd think the Bills were one of the worst teams in the league?   Why do so many people expect complete perfection in every play, every pass? Or blow outs in every game?

It would be nice if more people could just enjoy a good season after so many bad ones, and stop trying to set the stage to say I told you so when we don't win the Super Bowl. 

It’s the new mentality out there. If you’re  not one of the 3 or 4 best yet , you might as well be the worst. Edit : I do not subscribe to this belief, but it’s out there.

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree.  Ignore those that insist on finding any negative they can and enjoy where we are right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Oh dear lord. Beane and McD made the salary cap mess.  Teams go from last to first or at least the playoffs all the time.  Playoffs or bust this year. Allen alone will determine if Beane and McD are here in 2021 

starting to think you're a patriots fan.

You know we have around 90 million in cap space right?? Guess what ,Whaley made the mess and Beane cleaned it up.

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

So why did a bunch of fans leave at halftime? That was weird. I thought we LOVE the cold weather at the Ralph.

they were having trouble complaining on this board so left to get better reception.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1