Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

44 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Reporters that ask BS questions like that need to be banned for two games as punishment. Just sayin...

Sal to Devin "Did you know you'd be as big a part of the game plan?"

Devin: "No, just same approach; stay ready be ready..."

Next reporter to Devin, very next question: "Did you know coming in you were going to be this big a part of the game plan?"

SingletaryWTF.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

I think not only making the playoffs but at least winning one game should be where the bar is set.  Not sure they can get there unless we see a more aggressive offense and defense.  They haven't asked Allen to do a whole lot the past several games.  I wonder if they just expect him to turn it on when the defense struggles again 

You realize that this is the first real year of the rebuild after clearing the salary cap mess.  Making the playoffs under those circumstances is incredible.  Just because you declare that we need to win in the post season this year does not diminish what a great job management has done with this team.

Pump the breaks just a bit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Not sure.

Changed a few times.

Think the Cowboys & Patriots are still unbeatable.

Browns & Steelers? Possible... not probable or likely.

The Bills are better than both the Browns and Steelers and it it is not close.  That is not a guarantee they will win of course. 

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I’m having a great day after the Browns complete their “comeback” over Brandon Allen you can keep an eye out for all the posters crying about the Bills being a pick em against a 3-5 Browns team. 

A 2 and 6 Browns team ?

4 hours ago, Beach said:

question: when Knox caught the ball on 3rd down he landed on top of the defender, after he reached was he still short of a 1st down?  this happened on the drive that ended in turn over on downs.

Yeah, that was a bad spot

8 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

You realize that this is the first real year of the rebuild after clearing the salary cap mess.  Making the playoffs under those circumstances is incredible.  Just because you declare that we need to win in the post season this year does not diminish what a great job management has done with this team.

Pump the breaks just a bit.

Oh dear lord. Beane and McD made the salary cap mess.  Teams go from last to first or at least the playoffs all the time.  Playoffs or bust this year. Allen alone will determine if Beane and McD are here in 2021 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Oh dear lord. Beane and McD made the salary cap mess.  Teams go from last to first or at least the playoffs all the time.  Playoffs or bust this year. Allen alone will determine if Beane and McD are here in 2021 

Uh no.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You are mostly wrong in just about everything you said.

Beane and MCD did not make the salary call mess and Beane and MCD are at virtually no risk of not being here in 2021.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree.   They inherited many long term bad contracts and huge dead cap dollars.  I agree that they did cause some issues with releasing some over priced players adding to the problem, but that had to be done.

I don't see many last to first story lines this year.  The 49er's are doing great,  but they had a strong team last year.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

You are mostly wrong in just about everything you said.

Beane and MCD did not make the salary call mess and Beane and MCD are at virtually no risk of not being here in 2021.

The salary cap mess was made by trading TT, Dareus, and Watkins which accelerated the dead money.  McD had cap space to bring back Gilmore and chose not to. But he spent wisely on Hyde and Poyer. 
I tend to agree that a playoff season this year may even buy both contract extensions. Allen looks like he is at least a capable QB at this point. But if they go 5-11 and Allen regresses next year against a second place schedule they will be in the hot seat. 

5 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree.   They inherited many long term bad contracts and huge dead cap dollars.  I agree that they did cause some issues with releasing some over priced players adding to the problem, but that had to be done.

I don't see many last to first story lines this year.  The 49er's are doing great,  but they had a strong team last year.

They inherited the contracts. They created the dead cap space. It's just a fact. 
It doesn’t matter now. They chose their path and forfeited the 2018 season. In the end if Allen is a franchise QB one bad season may be worth it.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The salary cap mess was made by trading TT, Dareus, and Watkins which accelerated the dead money.  McD had cap space to bring back Gilmore and chose not to. But he spent wisely on Hyde and Poyer. 
I tend to agree that a playoff season this year may even buy both contract extensions. Allen looks like he is at least a capable QB at this point. But if they go 5-11 and Allen regresses next year against a second place schedule they will be in the hot seat. 

They inherited the contracts. They created the dead cap space. It's just a fact. 
It doesn’t matter now. They chose their path and forfeited the 2018 season. In the end if Allen is a franchise QB one bad season may be worth it.

I believe we agree on most issues. 

5 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

If it was completed, the scramble by Josh and drop by Brown would have made the highlight reel for years to come.

Good win.  Have some up issues though.  Need to fix the run defense now.  It’s become a huge problem.

Agreed. Allen is so close. The slant he missed to Brown was a perfect fake but a terrible throw. Brown beat his guy so badly that a throw behind him was a pick 6 possibility. Allen needed a 90% fastball there not the full heater.

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Who that's gone would you want to have retained?

Gilmore of course, but, it's a two way street.

Watkins? No thank you.

Dareus? I laugh.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dakrider said:

Another week where the Bills offense goes into a complete funk and then was able to correct it at the end.  

Singletary had a good day, but Josh Allen is the only thing making this lousy offense go.  

Swap out Haskins and Allen in this game and the Redskins win it.  Haskins didn't play that bad but a couple big avoidable sacks and no real presence on the field imo.  

I thought that Haskins and Allen played similarly, and if we swapped defenses, the game would have flipped. 

• Haha (+1) 3