Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lol.   I definitely love that feature as well.   

Given the level of idiocy over the past week I advocate for SDS creating a one button approach for ignore.  It would save a great deal of time.  

Still perfect...

WK1 @ Jets. WIN (1-0)

WK2 @ Giants WIN (2-0)

WK3 Bengals WIN (3-0)

WK4 Patriots LOSS (3-1)

WK5 @ Titans WIN (4-1)

WK6 BYE (4-1) 

WK7 Dolphins WIN (5-1)

WK8 Eagles LOSS (5-2)

WK9 Redskins WIN (6-2)

WK10 @ Browns LOSS (6-3)

WK11 @ Dolphins WIN (7-3) 

WK12 Broncos WIN (8-3)

WK13 @ Cowboys LOSS (8-4)

WK14 Ravens WIN (9-4)

WK15 @ Steelers LOSS (9-5)

WK16 @ Patriots LOSS (9-6)

WK17 Jets WIN  (10-6) 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Still perfect...

WK1 @ Jets. WIN (1-0)

WK2 @ Giants WIN (2-0)

WK3 Bengals WIN (3-0)

WK4 Patriots LOSS (3-1)

WK5 @ Titans WIN (4-1)

WK6 BYE (4-1) 

WK7 Dolphins WIN (5-1)

WK8 Eagles LOSS (5-2)

WK9 Redskins WIN (6-2)

WK10 @ Browns LOSS (6-3)

WK11 @ Dolphins WIN (7-3) 

WK12 Broncos WIN (8-3)

WK13 @ Cowboys LOSS (8-4)

WK14 Ravens WIN (9-4)

WK15 @ Steelers LOSS (9-5)

WK16 @ Patriots LOSS (9-6)

WK17 Jets WIN  (10-6) 

How do you feel about the rest given how the Browns and Steelers seasons have gone?

39 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I don't want to make the playoffs.  I want to win the playoffs.  I'll bet that's Belichick"s philosophy as well.

Really?  I don’t wanna....

46 minutes ago, london_bills said:

This is all true but unless we get better we lose in the Playoffs. 

Beats the hell out of the previous two decades don’t ya think?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

If they were a very good team you’d be able

to pick out a game that they win against a legit team. Just cut it out. They are average at best and benefiting from an all time cake walk schedule. It’s fun to win but we can also be honest and realize the flaws. 

Who is good in NFL then besides undefeated? The Cowboys lost to the Jets, the entire AFC has issues, I think there are only about 6 good teams who we have to improve to beat but I think we go as Josh does  

2 hours ago, Beach said:

question: when Knox caught the ball on 3rd down he landed on top of the defender, after he reached was he still short of a 1st down?  this happened on the drive that ended in turn over on downs.

Yeah, I want to see a replay of that.

51 minutes ago, london_bills said:

This is all true but unless we get better we lose in the Playoffs. 

never know... an off game by the team we’re playing combined with a few of our guys playing out of their minds could equal a win... and advancing to the Divisional round for the first time in almost a quarter century.

Edited by RiotAct

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Well a lot of crown Royal causes too many headaches but we both had a good day otherwise.

Thankfully I had some Troegs Perpetual to even things out. At some point I'm gonna need to eat. I have a nice steak prepared,  but I don't have the ambition to cook it . Probably gonna end up eating a Costco noodle bowl and Halloween candy at this rate.

• Haha (+1) 3

McDermott postgame speech: "Stay Humble, Stay Hungry"  Zo: "Stay Hungry, Family!:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/watch-head-coach-sean-mcdermott-s-post-game-speech-x4785

Makes the point to the team that the win started last Monday when they came together and looked at last week's film

Finally found McDermott postgame presser.  Favorite answer: questioned about Roberts big kickoff return.  Said "Yeah, I told him to bring it out and get 40 or 50 yards if he could".  He said it all smiley.

Allen postgame presser.  Love the black trenchcoat lined with plaid over black shirt look.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-we-re-still-hungry

Check out the very end where he's asked about throwing the ball into the ground instead of into the stands after his TD this week ?

Devin Singletary

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/devin-singletary-we-were-rolling

Cole Beasley

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/cole-beasley-keep-it-rolling

the Big Guy, Jordan Phillips

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/jordan-phillips-everybody-was-locked-in

Josh was asked how he'd built chemistry with John Brown so quickly and said some nice things and that he has faith in John Brown to make plays.

Who was the dweeb who asked a follow on question about whether the 3rd down pass that went off Brown's fingertips was an example of that faith, given he didn't catch it?

About 3 minutes in

Sheesh!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Josh was asked how he'd built chemistry with John Brown so quickly and said some nice things and that he has faith in John Brown to make plays.

Who was the dweeb who asked a follow on question about whether the 3rd down pass that went off Brown's fingertips was an example of that faith, given he didn't catch it?

About 3 minutes in

Sheesh!

Reporters that ask BS questions like that need to be banned for two games as punishment. Just sayin...

The good, bad and interesting about today's game:

The Good:

*  We won the game and raised our record to 6 - 2.  The best start since 1993.  That's 27 years!

*  The defensive adjustment at half was brilliant.  To play so poorly against the run in the 1st half and then to shut the run down in the 2nd half is good defensive coaching & execution.

*  Daboll added some nice wrinkles to the offense in the 1st half and he got Singletary the ball.  Singletary went a long way towards showing us that he is the desperately needed big play guy on offense.  Breakout game for him.

*  Special teams made a huge play with a great KO return.

*  Beasley caught a TD pass for the 3rd game in a row.

*  Allen was accurate on BOTH his long throws. 

*  The key play where Allen & Brown converted the 3rd & 18 late in the 4th to seal the win was a thing of beauty. 

*  #97 is a stud.

The Bad:

*  The run defense in the 1st half was terrible.  It reminded me of last years 2nd quarter performance in the Jacksonville game.  The defense also let the Redskins out of the hole a couple of times robbing the Bills of the field position benefit of your opponent going into the wind.  Also the Bills did not force a TO playing a raw rookie QB.

*  The Bills short yardage offense was horrible.  It's bad when BOTH play calling & execution on short yardage and goal line situations was so poor.  The play calling after the Bills had a 1st & goal at the 2 in the first quarter was the worst I've seen. 

*  DaBold went into a shell in the 3rd quarter. 

*  I may catch heat here but I thought Foster misplayed the Allen deep ball.  With the wind conditions today a WR has to be prepared to track the ball in the air as it WILL move around.  That pass wasn't that far off and had Foster taken a couple of steps towards the ball it may have been a TD.  Instead he kept running the pattern straight down the sideline.

*  The officiating.  Not calling a PI on the missed deep pass to Brown is unacceptable.  You can't let the DB wrap up the WR's legs BEFORE the ball arrives.  Had Brown been free to move he easily tracks the ball and makes a catch for a big gain.

The Interesting:

*  I thought BOTH deep balls were thrown well by Allen.  The first to Brown was almost caught in spite of a guy wrapping Brown's legs up well before the ball got there.  The 2nd was misplayed by Foster IMO.

*  The pass play before Allen converted a 3rd & 18 to Brown was an amazing play in spite of Brown dropping the ball.  Allen is one of only a couple of NFL QB's that could have avoided the sack on that play.  He then threw a perfect pass that should have been caught and scored a TD.  This is why we should be optimistic about Allen's future as our QB.

*  We had another almost Allen fumble.  I get people's concern and the argument about these kinds of designed runs.  But keep in mind that on that last TD drive there were TWO big plays that benefited from Allen's threat to run:  1)  The first was on the completion to Brown that converted a 3rd & 18.  It was Allen's threat to run that brought the safety off his coverage of Brown,  2)  the 2nd was the Singletary run.  That was the read option play that Allen almost lost a fumble on.  This time Allen read the D, gave the ball to Motor who went in for the TD untouched.  These are the benefits that we get from Allen running that don't show up on the stat line.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Reporters that ask BS questions like that need to be banned for two games as punishment. Just sayin...

I think they kind of are their own punishment.  Josh's answer was perfect:

"I need to put the ball in a little better spot.  John would tell you he needs to make the catch.  We're a group of guys who love each other and are working every week to be better"

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they kind of are their own punishment.  Josh's answer was perfect:

"I need to put the ball in a little better spot.  John would tell you he needs to make the catch.  We're a group of guys who love each other and are working every week to be better"

That throw on the run was money though.?