Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

We are not going to sweep the next four.  We are a team on the rise but we are not  a top contender yet.  We are not a BAD team like Bradshaw the idiot said, but we are a middle tier team that is trending up.  

The National Media will not get on board until we produce a juggernaut team like the SB teams.  It’s just not a story they care to tell so let’s wait and see.  

Right now now I think we can be a 10 win team and yes, with a fortunate schedule.  Them’s the breaks.

How about beating a team with a winning record then? 

As it stands now, that leaves only NE (nope), Baltimore (they don't match up well) or Dallas (turkey day is always tough).

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Regardless of all the  negative verbiage, we WON THE GAME, and we are 6-2. We keep this up and we make the playoffs twice in three years, when the last time we could say that?

Go Bills!!!

I don't want to make the playoffs.  I want to win the playoffs.  I'll bet that's Belichick"s philosophy as well.

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Nonsense. They can win 10 games without beating a team above 500 and that’s where you choose to hang your hat. I didn’t state they were very good. I said unless Allen takes a major step forward they won’t beat a contender. That remains true. You can add Brian Daboll to that formula. 

This is not a very good team, like it or not.

So many bad wins this season 

Fire someone now ✊?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I saw a screen attempt where the Redskins were all over it and Allen threw down into the ankles.

We did have one screen to Singletary to the right with a bit of weakside misdirection where no one from the Skin's defense seemed to expect it. Our chubby guys were thumping downfield looking for anyone to block and basically just in Singletary's way.

beastly awesome play . Redskins were fooled. and the fat kids were awesome running and looking to unload the wood

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Thought Allen played well today.

The OLine stunk and Daboll called plays like he was working in the 1991 Redskins offensive line. How many times are you going to run up the middle on whatever-and-short when time after time the OLine has proven that they cannot get push?

Till they can get the push.

obviously

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, Right?

Although I suspect Bradshaw has some comments that might be meaningful beyond sound bites.  Howie?? was talking about the lack of downfield throws and if Allen starts hitting them that’s the missing them, and Bradshaw started shaking his head and saying “they’re not set up for that, they need more weapons”

I suspect a former champion QB probably has a good eye for what’s going on (or not going on) with the WR downfield.

Well another side of it is that the national talking heads many times have less real information about what is going on and tend to just go with the most commonly regurgitated narratives.  So many times I've listened to some national expert weigh in on the Bills and they are so wrong about some things it's almost comical.

I didn't read all posts in this thread and apologize it this is redundant...  what is the combined record of the Pats*** opponents?  I get that they are what they are however it is worth mentioning.  Also, they posted a graphic today regarding the rushing yards given up by the Bills defense after they have had bad games and they have rebounded resoundingly.  They will correct this.

15 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I don't want to make the playoffs.  I want to win the playoffs.  I'll bet that's Belichick"s philosophy as well.

you mean win the SB don't you ?
beat that asz and parley for the Big one

Edited by 3rdand12

46 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How about beating a team with a winning record then? 

As it stands now, that leaves only NE (nope), Baltimore (they don't match up well) or Dallas (turkey day is always tough).

I agree we have not beaten either of the two “good” teams we played.  Does not make us a BAD team at 6-2.  I am never going to agree with his ignorant comment.  

BTW.  You make the ignore button a nice thing. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Regardless of all the  negative verbiage, we WON THE GAME, and we are 6-2. We keep this up and we make the playoffs twice in three years, when the last time we could say that?

Go Bills!!!

This is all true but unless we get better we lose in the Playoffs. 

Just now, Haslett_Stomp said:

I didn't read all posts in this thread and apologize it this is redundant...  what is the combined record of the Pats*** opponents?  I get that they are what they are however it is worth mentioning.  Also, they posted a graphic today regarding the rushing yards given up by the Bills defense after they have had bad games and they have rebounded resoundingly.  They will correct this.

Ravens may be their biggest challenge to date

Just now, london_bills said:

This is all true but unless we get better we lose in the Playoffs. 

on any sunday

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in STL said:

I agree we have not beater either of the two “good” teams we played.  Does not make us a BAD team at 6-2.  I am never going to agree with his ignorance comment.  

BTW.  You make the ignore button a nice thing. 

Lol.   I definitely love that feature as well.   

I think not only making the playoffs but at least winning one game should be where the bar is set.  Not sure they can get there unless we see a more aggressive offense and defense.  They haven't asked Allen to do a whole lot the past several games.  I wonder if they just expect him to turn it on when the defense struggles again 

2 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I answered questions, predicted their record....you just snipe and evade.

Have a terrible day.

I’m having a great day after the Browns complete their “comeback” over Brandon Allen you can keep an eye out for all the posters crying about the Bills being a pick em against a 3-5 Browns team. 

28 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I saw the post game when they were discussing Philly, which rolled into discussing Buffalo.

Terry does not like Buffalo, at all.  Big NE fan, gushes over Brady.

Howie is fair and gave the Bills their due.

Buffalo will need to win out the next several weeks, which includes CLE, DAL, BALT, and DEN, to make the national media believe.  Philly game exposed our weaknesses in all three phases, and the national media took notice.

In high winds and rain,

Take notice, so the Bills contnue to fly under the radar...

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I think not only making the playoffs but at least winning one game should be where the bar is set.  Not sure they can get there unless we see a more aggressive offense and defense.  They haven't asked Allen to do a whole lot the past several games.  I wonder if they just expect him to turn it on when the defense struggles again 

i expect they will turn it on when the season is demanding him to.
Team is still in development mode.
lets us not forget how revamped the Offense is this year.

is gutted a good a word here ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I’m having a great day after the Browns complete their “comeback” over Brandon Allen you can keep an eye out for all the posters crying about the Bills being a pick em against a 3-5 Browns team. 

Browns fan ? 

• Haha (+1) 1