Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

1 minute ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Foster down the left side.  But again, for a 2nd game in a row Foster showed that he can get open deep.  I think a big play or two will come soon.

Yeah, it seems like Foster could have cut in and tracked that a bit better. Not a great pass but seems like he might have made a play on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Its great they won and yes they are 6-2 but their run d still got gashed. Once again they wait til the 4th qtr to let Allen loose and make plays. If they want to do more then make the playoffs they need to let Allen loose for the whole game. Stop being so conservative. 

49 minutes ago, Simstim said:

Did you really see nothing good about our win today?

Sure. Singletary is the real deal.

secondary was good

pass rush was best it’s been all season

Beasley has great hands

oline blocked good in passing situations.

Roberts is a great return guy. 

The Bills beat another bad team. The Bills are an average team. There are a lot of bad teams in the NFL this year and the Bills play a lot of them. I hope the offense can continue to get better the more they play together, but that doesn’t fix the play calling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

You think I'm upset they are winning, wrong.  I always WANT them to win.  I'm just not going to HOPE they win in the face of obvious flaws.  I guess it's lucky they have a cakewalk schedule.

You can't underestimate the benefit of the schedule this year. The Bills have 6 wins against teams with an 8-38 record. It would be a very bad sign if they had less than 6 wins. To their credit they haven't lost to a team they clearly should have beaten, so they are taking advantage of a dream schedule unlike any I can ever remember. Hopefully they can improve so that their playoff run won't end like 2017.

Offense:

The line is still a work in progress. A lot of moving parts in pre-season games due to injury and just trying new guys in different packages. Should improve, but our center is better at pulling and pass pro than straight up run blocking.

No turnovers. Big deal today.

Pedestrian wrs. Brown drops a pass that Zay had to be laughing at on the Josh scramble. Nice throw by Josh. If Duke isn't injured, why is he a scratch? Gonna stick with my assertion that Zay has 3 tds in the 1st 4 games if Josh puts it in there and can block in the run game, but draft 2 next year. 

Te's are a work in progress still. Kroft just coming back from injury and knox is a rookie.

Defense:

Kept them out of the EZ.

On 2 big run plays we had AP in the backfield wrapped up. Db couldn't finish the tackle. One other should have been a 2 yd gain for AP. Yep, Edmunds misses the gap big time and AP has a big gain. Yolo posted a quote by coach that in the 1st 1/2 we weren't gap responsible. Our lbs and db HAVE to do better. The dline isn't the problem. Those were just the 3 plays I remember. Gonna go back and look, but the dline played better than given credit for.

Phillips is good. Harrison is missed.

ST: oh that punt. There wasn't even any pressure. Made up for it later with a nice one. Punt and ko coverage, meh. 2 nice kick returns by dimarco and roberts.

We are beating teams we should. That's an improvement from last year.

Edited by Dopey

5 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Foster down the left side.  But again, for a 2nd game in a row Foster showed that he can get open deep.  I think a big play or two will come soon.

Unfortunately, the other thing that Foster showed is that he can never seem to find the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not a lot of passing in general lately. I don't like it.

That's all on the coach and his complimentary conservative approach. Ever since the Pats game they have decided to make Allen a game manager when instead they should let him loose. Seen as this season is about growth, let him loose. It works in the 4th qtr why not do it all game. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's all on the coach and his complimentary conservative approach. Ever since the Pats game they have decided to make Allen a game manager when instead they should let him loose. Seen as this season is about growth, let him loose. It works in the 4th qtr why not do it all game. 

The passing stats of all QBs in the last two games at NEF look like the weather may have had an impact on the game. If this game was played last Monday it would probably have been a completely different game plan. 

I thought Edmunds had issues in the run game in the 1st half but was worlds better in the 2nd half

Just now, WideNine said:

You're right - was he a healthy scratch, inactive?

Isaiah was back on the field this week and there was a Foster sighting too.

Yes. All the WRs are healthy so they went game plan specific this week 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Foster ran a bad route and then fell down. That was a perfectly fine pass. It was all arm because he couldnt step into the throw with pressure in the pocket. The receiver has to adjust and track the ball in that situation.

• Like (+1) 2

Knox seemed to have found his hands again, but thought we would hear Kroft's name a bit more.

Thought Daboll was all about creative plays that use his tight ends, although the way that right side of the line has been holding up in pass pro and considering how Lee Smith is a penalty machine, he may have been keeping Kroft in there to help out all game.

Would have to go back and look, but did not remember hearing his name called once. If he was in blocking, that is not a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Foster ran a bad route and then fell down. That was a perfectly fine pass. It was all arm because he couldnt step into the throw with pressure in the pocket. The receiver has to adjust and track the ball in that situation.

He can’t - Foster just cannot track a football in the air.  He’ll wash out of the league soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1