Postgame Thread Bills Redskins

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Terry Bradshaw on Fox Postgame: “Buffalo is a bad football team” 

One of the other guys: “Buffalo came this close to beating NE”

What? How can they be a "bad football team" if they are 6-2? Maybe they can be overrated or something, but certainly not "bad." They're beating the teams that are actually bad.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

2) I thought Allen looked fine today. Did exactly what he needed to do. Mostly nice passes.  Only glaringly bad one was the throw behind Brown on that slant. Otherwise, a few key drops...

Regarding that play, it was a piss poor design by Daboll. You don’t run a play action on a quick slant. It has to be a quick hit play and play action negates that. It’s no wonder the ball was late. Daboll being too clever by half which seems to be an increasingly growing concern.

• Like (+1) 2

Allen's most consistent game of his career, maybe for the 4th straight game, which is incredibly promising. Fumbles don't bother me (or at least make me mad at HIM) when he's being told to tuck and try to get the first down. QBs don't know how to protect the ball like RBs in that situation, and I simply hate that play being called in the first place. When he fumbles in the pocket taking sacks, it's a lot more of a problem for me.

Really, nobody on the offense besides Gore was bad, the ONLY thing that kept them from marching and scoring every drive was playcalling, that was IT. Which is incredibly frustrating. Like others have said, when the script plays stop, Daboll has no idea what he's doing. 

Allen's deep throw wasn't perfect, but as I sit and watch other QBs connect on them, they rarely are (unless the Seahawks or Packers are on). Foster is so bad at tracking footballs, and there is no WR on this roster you can trust to make a contested catch down the field. 

The defensive adjustment in the second half was great. AP was what, 10-101 rushing in the first half? Which means he was 8 carries for 7 yards in the 2nd. As others have said, tough RBs coming up. It had better stay fixed. What was Star's snap count in the 2nd half? Taylor's?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

What? How can they be a "bad football team" if they are 6-2? Maybe they can be overrated or something, but certainly not "bad." They're beating the teams that are actually bad.

I know, Right?

Although I suspect Bradshaw has some comments that might be meaningful beyond sound bites.  Howie?? was talking about the lack of downfield throws and if Allen starts hitting them that’s the missing them, and Bradshaw started shaking his head and saying “they’re not set up for that, they need more weapons”

I suspect a former champion QB probably has a good eye for what’s going on (or not going on) with the WR downfield.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Terry Bradshaw on Fox Postgame: “Buffalo is a bad football team” 

One of the other guys (Howie?): “Buffalo came this close to beating NE”

I mean... I get both sides. But 6-2 is tough to achieve no matter who you play, these teams all have talent. “Good” teams do lose to “bad” teams sometimes. The margin of error just isn’t that big in the nfl. Blowouts aren’t the norm.  We haven’t lost to any bad teams so far. And both losses are to the last two SB champs. I can live with this at this moment. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

The point differential was fine, it was the Peterson runs that bothered me the most. YIKES! Did Star play less in the second half? How did they tighten that up. I’m an “emotional viewer”.  ?

Star is worthless and should be benched. Start Jordan and Vincent. Our 3 way DE rotation is still weak. And I'm still convinced Edmunds is NOT a Mike.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Regarding that play, it was a piss poor design by Daboll. You don’t run a play action on a quick slant. It has to be a quick hit play and play action negates that. It’s no wonder the ball was late. Daboll being too clever by half which seems to be an increasingly growing concern.

I did not see that - was thinking it was just Josh waiting to visually confirm. Wondered why he had to laser that pass in.

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

What’s going on with Allen and Beasley?  Other than the TD did he catch a pass today?  They got off to a good start but lately haven’t hooked up much.  

Beasley has scored 3 straight TD's in 3 games... I would say that is hooking up.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Finally cut way down on the penalties. That's big.

They did, but some of that seemed like Tony Corrente and crew letting them play. Definitely saw a few things on replays that other ( over officious lol) crews would have called on BUF. 

• Like (+1) 1