Bills 24, Redskins 9 Game Balls

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The run defense woes falls more on their MLB being a lost mess in most games.... they should move him outside and find one in the offseason.... I'm skeptical it ever happens. McDermott seems the stubborn type. 

In McD's scheme, the DTs are the first line of defense against the run.  The MLB assists and needs to maintain his gap assignment, but Edmund's primary responsibility is covering the middle.  This D is built to stop the pass, which is why it is important to have big DTs, not sub 300 lb DTs, to stop the run.  That said, Edmunds will not move outside...he will stay at MLB as that is how the defense is designed.  McD will have to change the fundamental design for Edmunds to move; I highly doubt he modifies the D scheme.  IMO, the best we can expect is for personnel changes like we just saw - Taylor in, Peko out.

McD is slow to make changes as demonstrated by sticking with Star.

Singletary. I enjoyed the coming out party. For those keeping score he now has 7.1 yds per touch across 52 touches. Apparently the sample size was too small for some last week. I'm excited to see what he continues to do and think some are still selling him short. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ends up spoiling the fantasy discussion and has a better game than either Chubb or Kareem Hunt next week

On 11/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, stevestojan said:

Daboll owes US a game ball. 

On 11/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, HappyDays said:

I'm giving my first anti-game ball to Daboll. His short yardage play calls were indefensibly bad.

23 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Daboli anyone?  Hope not.

You know what, not to be contrarian, but I believe Daboll deserves a gameball because his gameplan allowed the team to score on their first three drives, if not for Allen's sack we could have scored three TDs instead of two.

He featured Motor (another gameball winner), ran the ball more than he passed it and used misdirection with McKenzie.

He was conservative in the second half, even though we went for it twice on 4th downs, there were a couple of penalties, the other team adjusted well but we sealed the game with Motor's TD drive. The only critique I have is, we could have used more PA given how well Motor was running the ball.

The Redskins strenght was defense and Daboll came up with a good gameplan, IMO.

Gameballs

Motor

Daboll

Roberts

Tre White.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:47 PM, Saint Doug said:

This game makes me wonder if we have been holding Singletary back for the 2nd half of the season so he doesn’t hit the rookie wall. 

He's still making some costly mistakes.  He didn't sell that screen play to him well at all.  The entire defense saw that screen coming because of him.  Gotta gem him reps for him to grow though