Definitely need better guards next year...

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Really? I suggest if there is an issue it is our highly paid center being pushed 3 yards into the backfield. 

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The interior run blocking has really only improved marginally, which is saying something. Morse is not a mauler. Spain is actually better in pass pro. Feliciano is a nice player, but that's not enough. I do envision Ford kicking inside for Spain, which would help some.

That's the kind of game where you'd like to see the OL opening lanes dominating the DL in the second half. Didn't see that...at all.

I noticed Morse gets pushed back by the NT in 3rd and/or 4th and 1 plays where the O-line lowers their head and fires out into their D-line.  Morse doesn't lower his head and push into the NT/DT to drive him back; I suspect he doesn't/can't do this out of fear of another concussion.  So Morse really is not an effective Center in these short yardage situations.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I noticed Morse gets pushed back by the NT in 3rd and/or 4th and 1 plays where the O-line lowers their head and fires out into their D-line.  Morse doesn't lower his head and push into the NT/DT to drive him back; I suspect he doesn't/can't do this out of fear of another concussion.  So Morse really is not an effective Center in these short yardage situations.

This is a more accurate description of Morse's performance. I was being "diplomatic."

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

The problem I saw with the middle of the line not getting any push is at center.  Morse was consistently getting moved back on the runs to Gore.  

Of course, it doesn't help that old man Gore looked a BIT slow on the first step, either.

for me its weapons on offense and edge rushers...I like Brown and Beasley but they need another weapon at WR...not sure they keep Gore next season or if he decides to move on, so that means they need a big bruiser to compliment Singletary...on defense they need a Bosa type edge guy...dont think they'll be able to get one in the draft if they go 11-5 or better...this would be ok spot for WR though in the 1st

• Like (+1) 1

We don’t know what DK Metcalf (29 receptions 529 yards 5 TDs) could have done in Buffalo but no one can argue he hasn’t had more of an impact than Ed Oliver. Metcalf is a beast and would have dominated catching Allen’s heaters. I haven’t studied All-22 of Oliver but from what I’ve seen he hasn’t made 1/2 the penetrating run stuffing plays Kyle Williams seemed to do on a weekly basis. Is it lack of ability in penetrating or simply being doubled? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

We don’t know what DK Metcalf (29 receptions 529 yards 5 TDs) could have done in Buffalo but no one can argue he hasn’t had more of an impact than Ed Oliver. Metcalf is a beast and would have dominated catching Allen’s heaters. I haven’t studied All-22 of Oliver but from what I’ve seen he hasn’t made 1/2 the penetrating run stuffing plays Kyle Williams seemed to do on a weekly basis. Is it lack of ability in penetrating or simply being doubled? 

Slowly, but surely, people are seeing what I saw. Speed and size kill.

There is room for improvement in several areas.  Guard is one of those areas. It's been mentioned that moving Ford to guard and drafting a tackle could be the way to go.   I think Buffalo needs another RB to complement Singletary.  Gore may be hitting the wall right now.  I think Buffalo needs a nose tackle and defensive end.  They could use another WR and CB too.  It's a bit early to get too heavily into mock drafting, but I like Draft Tek's latest effort.  They have Buffalo taking CeeDee Lamb WR in the first, Lucas Niang OT in the second, Chuda Hubbard in the third, Neville Gallimore DT in the fifth, and Kendall Coleman DE in the 6th  There are a couple head scratchers in the mock too, but I think Hubbard and Gallimore could be terrific.

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1b.asp (if you want to check it out)

Edited by TigerJ

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Slowly, but surely, people are seeing what I saw. Speed and size kill.

It didn’t even have to be Metcalf. We just need more outside weapons. Speed kills, size doesn’t always kill in this league at the WR spot because size can give way to vertical jump and hands.