Definitely need better guards next year...

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Gotta agree. DT, DE, WR top my list. Like to move Tremaine to OLB and find a real MLB.

The problem with moving Edmunds to OLB is that the Bills mostly play a 2 LB nickel, so unless he is going to replace Milano, you are basically saying that he will be a backup which I can't see at this point.

Edited by vincec

I think next year Ford will take Spains place, leaving them needing a RT.  Ford Morse, and Feleciano inside and Dawkins at one tackle slot is fine.

Agree with DE, think that may be their #1 pick as not likely to get a great FA there. Teams with great DE don't let them go so likely need to get one through the draft.  WR could sign a FA and not sure we need a elite #1 either.  I'd take Brown Beasley and another Brown look alike.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Gotta agree. DT, DE, WR top my list. Like to move Tremaine to OLB and find a real MLB.

DT will look good when Dirty Harry gets back form injury. That rotation was looking real nice to start the year

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, vincec said:

The problem with moving Edmunds to OLB is that the Bills mostly play a 2 LB nickel, so unless he is going to replace Milano, you are basically saying that he will be a backup which I can't see at this point.

All true Vince, but I think they're going to have to rethink that D. A good coach is going to have to use the best players he a d form the scheme around them. I just don't think Tremaine is going to cut it as an MLB.

43 minutes ago, vincec said:

OT, DT, DE, OLB, RB, WR... all needs. So while OG help wouldn't hurt, I think it's down the list.

WR1, RT and Edge Rush are the top needs that will require major FA dollars or a high draft pick to fill. Finding a run stuffing DT shouldn't be hard to do (although they wiffed big on Star), finding a between the tackles runner isn't hard to do. OLB is a need but I think they can bring Lorax back for one more season in 2020 and draft one in the mid rounds (they also have V.Joseph coming back after his red shirt year.) Even RT which I would classify as a need isn't tragic as I think Ty is a decent RT. I think they more than likely can roll with Ty for one more season and draft an RT in rounds 2-4 to back him up. 

Guard I wouldn't even put on the list as I think you can let Spain walk (he has been a JAG) and kick Ford into the guard spot and roll with Felicano as the other guard. You also have Long and Bates as depth. Maybe they draft one late but I don't see it as an issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

WR1, RT and Edge Rush are the top needs that will require major FA dollars or a high draft pick to fill. Finding a run stuffing DT shouldn't be hard to do (although they wiffed big on Star), finding a between the tackles runner isn't hard to do. OLB is a need but I think they can bring Lorax back for one more season in 2020 and draft one in the mid rounds (they also have V.Joseph coming back after his red shirt year.) Even RT which I would classify as a need isn't tragic as I think Ty is a decent RT. I think they more than likely can roll with Ty for one more season and draft an RT in rounds 2-4 to back him up. 

Guard I wouldn't even put on the list as I think you can let Spain walk (he has been a JAG) and kick Ford into the guard spot and roll with Felicano as the other guard. You also have Long and Bates as depth. Maybe they draft one late but I don't see it as an issue. 

I think Alexander already announced that this is his last season, so he isn't coming back.

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Why? Because the redskins had 11 guys in the box and were keyed into Gore on the short yardage plays? If we had run a simple playaction at any point in time, it would have been game over. Guard is not the problem. 

Beasley should have been that box buster today.   Hard to understand his usage lately...

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

If we had run a simple playaction at any point in time, it would have been game ove

We tried that a couples times down at the goal line on the second drive.  The result was not pretty.  One the Gore plays, we simply got out played on the lines. But they made other plays....