First Half Thread Wk 9: Redskins at Bills, 1 pm ET on Fox

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Oliver has played 1 snap the last two drives. It is mainly the LBs though. 

There is Ed.... assisted tackle on AP. EDIT: and another. Two assisted tackles on two plays. 

He was in on all 3 of the big Peterson plays on the last drive. I’m not going to argue about it. The run defense needs to get fixed. I don’t care how. Get it figured out though or our season will be sunk. Because a better team will make us pay for this major flaw

This defense is built to stop the pass.  Most weeks in the NFL, you can get away with that in a passing league.  But, when you run into teams with big, powerful strong running backs with a team that loves running the ball, your personnel becomes physically over-matched.  This is exactly what is happening right now.

We need to have some guys start to win their 1 on 1 battles because they are getting beaten across the board,

Edited by sven233

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Edmunds is up and down right now. He's missing gaps every other run play.

I don't get why he lets linemen get into hugging distance with him. I have seen so many linemen get into the front of his pads and lock on. He just needs to keep his lean and leverage and extend his arms to keep them from getting into his pads and shed to attack the right gap. He is learning, but this is an area his coaches have to see week over week that needs to improve.

• Thank you (+1) 1