The Return of Rob Ryan

BubbaT

I had almost completely forgotten that Rob Ryan had been hired as the Inside Linebackers coach of the Redskins. (I didn't even know there were separate coaches for the different linebacker positions). Hard to imagine a team hiring him after stellar stints with New Orleans and Buffalo. Anyway, just a minor side show to tomorrow's major event.

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Good thing, it might take some work to get him back upright if he didn’t. 

‘Post of the Week’, done!

7 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I thought "wrex" had a better shot than slob at coaching again. But I guess ESPN keeps him on his toes

Subtle!

10 hours ago, BubbaT said:

I had almost completely forgotten that Rob Ryan had been hired as the Inside Linebackers coach of the Redskins. (I didn't even know there were separate coaches for the different linebacker positions). Hard to imagine a team hiring him after stellar stints with New Orleans and Buffalo. Anyway, just a minor side show to tomorrow's major event.

In 34 defenses they generally have different coaches for inside and outside.  Not sure what they run but those two positions are so diverse in responsibilities in a 34.

We miss him on the UK TV coverage. They have had numerous guest analysts over the years and Rob Ryan was by far the best. Most knowledgeable and most entertaining. He is way better on TV than Rex because Rob can actually laugh at himself a bit. Rex is so smug he just comes across as a condescending prat. I was surprised he went back into coaching to tell the truth but it is clearly addictive for him. Let's hope the Bills run right through his linebackers today. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

We miss him on the UK TV coverage. They have had numerous guest analysts over the years and Rob Ryan was by far the best. Most knowledgeable and most entertaining. He is way better on TV than Rex because Rob can actually laugh at himself a bit. Rex is so smug he just comes across as a condescending prat. I was surprised he went back into coaching to tell the truth but it is clearly addictive for him. Let's hope the Bills run right through his linebackers today. 

Aye, I’d much rather have him sat next to Reynolds than some of the others on Sky. 

I’d also much rather have him on tele than anywhere near the Bills sideline. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1