Peko released, Taylor to 53

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why was Taylor behind Peko on the roster?

Only thing I can think of was that he was on the team a bit longer and the staff may have felt more comfortable with him for that reason.  But I think those of us who knew Taylor were pretty disappointed that Peko got the call first.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Frez said:

Coach must read TBD message board! 

I really wonder how many players/coaches do... I know I would, just out of curiosity. Plus, there are the people who really care what other think and will defend themselves anonymously or attack rivals anonymously.

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

If the objective was to get stout against the run than I don't understand why Peko was activated over Taylor. Peko I'm sure is a decent guy but he's barely PS material. 

Not sure if that was the objective...but it is now.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Good move. Taylor is a pretty talented DL. Peko may go back to the PS. Is Taylor eligible to  play this week ? Not exactly sure how that works. 

Yes, if signed before 4 pm Saturday

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

If the objective was to get stout against the run than I don't understand why Peko was activated over Taylor. Peko I'm sure is a decent guy but he's barely PS material. 

Peko is a 1-technique DT.  Taylor is a 3-technique.  So I think the objective was to see if Peko could get 'er done.  But instead they were swapping him and Phillips I believe, having Phillips play 1 technique.  So if they're doing that anyway and Taylor >> Peko at 3 technique, Welp then

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Somewhere @GG is very confused right now

Not really.  I thought Taylor would get the call in week 4.  Perhaps he didn’t know the defense enough.   Won’t be long before Taylor starts eating into Star’s snaps. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unless they use the PS spot to sign Tyrell Dodson

They might, but they do not have to decide on Dodson until after this weekend - so my guess is they bring back Peko and then see where they are after this weekend with injuries.

I also believe they have a LB on the PS and with Taylor going up - they have no DL.  I would suspect that by next week barring injury - both Dodson and Peko are on the PS and the other LB - Phillips is gone.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, I thought Taylor was a 3-tech  But maybe they've been grooming him as a 1 and he "gets it" in practice.

Let's hope he "gets it" in games!

I agree - everything I read from Miami was he played mostly 3 techniques as a penetration DE, but hopefully they have him ready for the game.

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It’s a week late honestly.

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

FINAFREAKINGLY!  Did the coaches finally see on tape what we all saw on the field for the last 3 weeks. Damn I watched the all 22 from the Eagles and Peko was a total non-factor and negative on the field. How Taylor wasn't brought up before is puzzling.

...very puzzling, peko was useless last week. Taylor will be an upgrade. 

9 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

They might, but they do not have to decide on Dodson until after this weekend - so my guess is they bring back Peko and then see where they are after this weekend with injuries.

I also believe they have a LB on the PS and with Taylor going up - they have no DL.  I would suspect that by next week barring injury - both Dodson and Peko are on the PS and the other LB - Phillips is gone.

That's actually an interesting question what they do with regard to LB.

I know they liked Tyrell Dodson after training camp and I guess (??) he played for a bigger program at A&M.  But Del'Shawn Phillips put up a faster 40 time.  So it may not be a slam-dunk on Dodson > Phillips.  It's going to partly depend on what use Dodson made of his suspension time.