So I drank a lot of beer and here is where I’m at (take two)...

As I walked up to the bar, I noticed that there was a little old lady eating by herself. I smiled, as did my wife, and we sat down a few stools from her. We ordered drinks and carried on our conversation, and I commented on the UB win. The lady must have overheard us talking football and piped in, “you better be going to the game tomorrow!”

We ended up talking football,  mostly the bills, for about a half hour while we drank and she finished her meal. We swapped football stories, future expectations, previous failures and it was an awesome exchange overall. Generations apart, worlds different, connected by one thing. The Bills. 

It was fun hearing her perspective, and in hindsight, it is amazing how this franchise can bring together two people who are otherwise so vastly different. 

I’ll probably never see that woman again, but you can’t help but feel a connection.

As awesome as this board is, and as much as I like posting here, don’t forget to put your phone down every once and awhile and step away from the social media to see who else is out there. TBD will hopefully always be here for you, and in the mean time, look outside and see what other type of Bills fans you can meet. They have some awesome tales to tell.

In the words of the old woman...”Saying ‘Go Bills’ is like saying Aloha...it seems to mean hello and goodbye” 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

As I walked up to the bar, I noticed that there was a little old lady eating by herself. I smiled, as did my wife, and we sat down a few stools from her. We ordered drinks and carried on our conversation, and I commented on the UB win. The lady must have overheard us talking football and piped in, “you better be going to the game tomorrow!”

We ended up talking football,  mostly the bills, for about a half hour while we drank and she finished her meal. We swapped football stories, future expectations, previous failures and it was an awesome exchange overall. Generations apart, worlds different, connected by one thing. The Bills. 

It was fun hearing her perspective, and in hindsight, it is amazing how this franchise can bring together two people who are otherwise so vastly different. 

I’ll probably never see that woman again, but you can’t help but feel a connection.

As awesome as this board is, and as much as I like posting here, don’t forget to put your phone down every once and awhile and step away from the social media to see who else is out there. TBD will hopefully always be here for you, and in the mean time, look outside and see what other type of Bills fans you can meet. They have some awesome tales to tell.

In the words of the old woman...”Saying ‘Go Bills’ is like saying Aloha...it seems to mean hello and goodbye” 

Thats 100% true in buffalo lingo

During Bills season saying Go Bills is universally used across buffalo as way to say hello and goodbye

I don't say bye during Bills season I say go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

i did it! i put the phone down and there are untold wonders to explore. did you know flowers have a sweet scent and the sun is warm? come with me brothers and sisters who knows what else is out there!!!

Update: it was a lie! the sun burns and flowers contain creatures that sting your flesh! go back to the saftey of your phones brothers and sisters!!

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Haha (+1) 7

15 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i did it! i put the phone down and there are untold wonders to explore. did you know flowers have a sweet scent and the sun is warm? come with me brothers and sisters who knows what else is out there!!!

Update: it was a lie! the sun burns and flowers contain creatures that sting your flesh! go back to the saftey of your phones brothers and sisters!!

Of course it was a lie it's November.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Great post.....does your drinking help with or cause your unstableness?

• Like (+1) 1

So, did you get any? ?

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Yesterday in StL we lunched at "Southwest Diner", a small and somewhat eclectic Southwestern themed diner on (wait for it) Southwest Avenue. As we were about to leave, a young couple walked in.  The woman was wearing a relatively new Bills shirt.  There was something about her focus on her partner that made me feel it would be intrusive to go up and talk Bills with her (I trust my instincts) but otherwise I would have.

A month ago I was walking with a group through a small local market in Gaia, Portugal and encountered a guy wearing a Standing Buffalo T walking the other way.  I yelled "Go Bills!" he responded and we high fived and kept going in our respective opposite directions.  The rest of the group was like "what just happened?"

Bills fans, they're everywhere!

• Like (+1) 2

Headed to the tents of Oktoberfest in Munich on Sunday in September(Bills were about to play in few hours) cruising in the two seat rickshaw bikes - saw a dude with a Bills shirt and yelled “Go Go Buffalo”. He gave me the thumbs up and we went our ways. 

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Charlotte is Buffalo south and there isn’t a week that goes buy I’m not yelling “ Hey Buffalo” at some Bills or SABRES attire wearing brother or sister. 

I thing that those who live there still,  don’t understand the power of the connection because you take it for granted.

I work with Cowboy, Panther, Giant, Jet, Redskin, Steeler and Philly fans. 
   Being from WNY makes us instant family and I’ve literally never had an awkward or bad response.

13 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

post of the day right there. thanks!

happy-friends.gif.63543ae2af3f46e7ed394b646afd70f0.gif