The Second Coming of Bill Belicheat: His son Steve calling the defensive plays

StHustle

And has been for weeks now. With their record producing results his confidence must be through the roof. I'm sure he'll be the Pats next head coach when his pops retires so we are looking at another 40+ more years of a Belichick on the Pats sideline. If his recent success means anything, he may be even more dominant than his dad ?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichicks-son-steve-has-reportedly-been-calling-plays-for-patriots-defense-for-weeks/

• Sad 1

To think just a few short years ago he couldn't even properly oversee the automation of a deflation operation and this caused an interrogation sensation that swept the nation and led to draft pick incarceration.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, StHustle said:

And has been for weeks now. With their record producing results his confidence must be through the roof. I'm sure he'll be the Pats next head coach when his pops retires so we are looking at another 40+ more years of a Belichick on the Pats sideline. If his recent success means anything, he may be even more dominant than his dad ?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichicks-son-steve-has-reportedly-been-calling-plays-for-patriots-defense-for-weeks/

What, you mean the Pats*** are gonna sucka poor Josh McDaniels?  After he damaged his reputation by jilting the Colts on the Church Doorstep to run back to them and everything? ?

It's one thing to call the plays.  It's another thing to design them, figure out the right player personnel to execute them, and coach them.  So don't call for the bust in Canton quite yet.

Do others find a post like this very contradictory?

In the subject he refers to the tired-old -sour-grapes-nickname for Bill Belichick.  But then goes on to indicate that  he has almost over the top admiration for the coaching

ability of both Bill Belichick and his son,  fearing that the dominance of the Belichicks will continue, and in fact progress, for "40+ more years" .

While like most Bills fans I am sick of being dominated by the Patriots, I clearly understand that this dominance has nothing to do with cheating. But the poster also clearly implies the same thing.  It is not a logical thought process there, and one we see too often on this board..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Do others find a post like this very contradictory?

In the subject he refers to the tired-old -sour-grapes-nickname for Bill Belichick.  But then goes on to indicate that  he has almost over the top admiration for the coaching

ability of both Bill Belichick and his son,  fearing that the dominance of the Belichicks will continue, and in fact progress, for "40+ more years" .

While like most Bills fans I am sick of being dominated by the Patriots, I clearly understand that this dominance has nothing to do with cheating. But the poster also clearly implies the same thing.  It is not a logical thought process there, and one we see too often on this board..

There are people here who insist all New England does is cheat. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There are people here who insist all New England does is cheat. 

Yes,  and it seems like many actually, but then he indicates that he thinks that Belichick, and his son too, are almost coaching gods. 

So, are they so dominant because of the cheating or because of  historically amazing coaching? He indicates one reason in the subject statement, but then clearly implies the latter in his actual post. It seems he cannot have it both ways!

17 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Why am I not at all worried?

I'm not either.  As long as the old man is tuned into the headsets, nobody outside of the Patriots knows for sure who is actually making the calls.  He may be riding with training wheels but I can't believe that the Master Cheater is giving that kind of complete control to a novice.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Love nepotism!!! Coaches grind for decades and this dude just happen to be born to that weirdo and gets his life completely handed to him.  So awesome. 

Nepotism has been the way of nfl coaches for decades.

Belichicks coordinators always start off this way.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I hope he's just as successful as Buddy Ryan's sons.

If you could only see the fit of apoplexy your statement brought on in me...?

So, do we dislike the Belichicks more than the Williams?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013