3-1 over the next four games

I won't allow myself to think the Bills will go 2-2 over the next four and 4-4 over their last 8 games in total. I also have to be realistic and figure they lose one of these four upcoming games. This is the Bills after all.  

Last week was such a huge let down partly because we failed to get over that 5-1 hurdle that we tripped up on in 2008. But the 2019 Bills still have a chance to achieve a record through 8 games that we have not reached since our last Super Bowl season of 1993, by beating the Redskins this week and reaching 6-2. It hasn't been a murderers row of opponents to say the least but hey, you can only play the teams on your schedule and I'll gladly take a start to the season we haven't seen since 1993.

So my question is who do we lose to over the next four? Just give me one team.

I'll say Cleveland on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the Bills to go 4-0 over the next 4 games IF they make the adjustments to stop the RUN. We should know after this weekend if that is possible.  The Redskins have a good running attack that will test the Bills.. 

I give the Bills a 10% chance of winning the Super Bowl if they win the next 4 and beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving.  If they win that game and get the confidence they need heading into the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots games on a 5 game winning streak I think they beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh. We then get a week 16 on Saturday night in front of a national audience.  Bills on a 7 game winning streak against a 14-0 Patriots.  Play competitively in week 16 at Patriots and they can do what the Giants did when they lost to the Patriots in the regular season in a close game but then ran the table on the road in the playoffs.  10% chance. 

Redskins W 6-2

Browns W 7-2

Dolphins W 8-2

Broncos W 9-2

Cowboys W 10-2

Ravens W 11-2

Steelers W 12-2

Patriots L 12-3

Jets W 13-3

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

I like the Bills to go 4-0 over the next 4 games IF they make the adjustments to stop the RUN. We should know after this weekend if that is possible.  The Redskins have a good running attack that will test the Bills.. 

I give the Bills a 10% chance of winning the Super Bowl if they win the next 4 and beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving.  If they win that game and get the confidence they need heading into the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots games on a 5 game winning streak I think they beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh and we get a week 16 on Saturday night in front of a national audience.  Bills on a 7 game winning streak against a 14-0 Patriots.  Play competitively in week 16 at Patriots and they can do what the Giants did when they lost to the Patriots in the regular season in a close game but then ran the table on the road in the playoffs.  10% chance. 

Redskins W 6-2

Browns W 7-2

Dolphins W 8-2

Broncos W 9-2

Cowboys W 10-2

Ravens W 11-2

Steelers W 12-2

Patriots L 12-3

Jets W 13-3

4-0 if they score more points than their opponents. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

4-0 if they score more points than their opponents. ?

They will IF they stop the run.  If they can't solve that problem they will be lucky to finish 9-7.  From now on teams are going to just pound the ball against the Bills.  Might not be a problem the Bills can fix with this current roster.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FUTURIST said:

They will IF they stop the run.  If they can't solve that problem they will be lucky to finish 9-7.  From now on teams are going to just pound the ball against the Bills.  Might not be a problem the Bills can fix with this current roster.

Offense could help this by actually getting a lead and forcing opponents to throw. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HOUSE said:

The Key is better offensive performance. IF the Bills continue down the same path, the Bills are capable to losing to any team

The Browns game scares me but they are beatable

They need better offensive performance BUT if they don't stop the run it will not matter.  They proved they can win games with a mediocre offense.  They also proved they can't win games if they can't stop the run.  This run defense is going to be tested by everyone the remainder of the season. 

The NFL figured out the Bills.. Run the ball on them and make Josh Allen beat you with his arm.  Easy.

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Key is better offensive performance. IF the Bills continue down the same path, the Bills are capable to losing to any team

The Browns game scares me but they are beatable

Is this about Alabama again? Let’s not go there again! 

• Haha (+1) 3

Since the Bills had the same problems stopping the run last season that the Eagles exposed last Sunday, I'm not optimistic about them suddenly fixing that problem.  In the next 4 games, if Mayfield and the rest of that crew can get their collective act together, they could easily beat the Bills.  They have a game-breaking RB in Chubb, they have the passing offense to score TDs from anywhere, and their defense is good enough to hold the Bills anemic offense to 1 TD and 2 or 3 FGs, so they would be my "most likely" candidate.  I think that Miami is the only other team in the next four that might challenge the Bills.   A divisional game in the rival's home stadium is always dangerous, and past crappy Carp teams have taken down bigger fish than the Bills late in the season.

As for the rest of the season, I just don't see the Bills beating the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers or Pats.  All of those teams have stout defenses, and the first three have good/great running games as well.   NE has Belichick and Brady, so 'nuff said about them in Foxborough.  If the Bills don't win the next four games, they'll likely end up 9-7 or worse.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Offense could help this by actually getting a lead and forcing opponents to throw. 

If we only had a Defensive coaching staff capable of self scouting .......?

(sarcasm, I thought it was obvious)

Edited by Buffalo Boy

21 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

They are 2-5.

They have been shooting themselves in the foot, but Chubb was busting huge runs against NE and we need to have an answer for that or we will lose that game.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

These would be my picks as well. Maybe flip The browns with the broncos,  but 10-6 seems right. 

No way we lose to the Broncos with their current QB situation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

They need better offensive performance BUT if they don't stop the run it will not matter.  They proved they can win games with a mediocre offense.  They also proved they can't win games if they can't stop the run.  This run defense is going to be tested by everyone the remainder of the season. 

The NFL figured out the Bills.. Run the ball on them and make Josh Allen beat you with his arm.  Easy.

So now it is up to Daboll to adjust his scheme and play calling, which is doubtful.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

So now it is up to Daboll to adjust his scheme and play calling, which is doubtful.

This is becoming a major concern. “ futurist” contention about run the ball and make Allen beat you with his arm is what every team has tried since the opener vs Jets. Their mantra was “ make Allen be a QB” blah blah blah. The Bills would do well to hone their running game and actually commit to it, which Daboll hasn’t done. The Eagles game was his low point this year to date. He needs to find some purpose and rhythm to his game plan, and soon. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 3