Deadspin is dead

Just Jack

yea they got one sided very judgy and alienated a lot of their audience.  It's kind of amazing to me that people don't understand why bartool is currently killing it.  Instead of trying to understand it they just try to bash it and bring it down only to see them grow.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

They got very political and very anti-conservative. I had to stop reading it cause their articles turned from mostly sports to mostly liberal talking points

So you do not think Republicans use sports for their anti-liberal and pro-conservative talking points?  

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I will miss its annual "Why Your Team Sucks."

To me, it got old and stale.

maybe with some new writers it can become funny again. 

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

yea they got one sided very judgy and alienated a lot of their audience.  It's kind of amazing to me that people don't understand why bartool is currently killing it.  Instead of trying to understand it they just try to bash it and bring it down only to see them grow.  

So why is barstool killing it? I can’t stand it to be honest. It’s like buzzfeed for wanna be jocks and frat boys. 

1 minute ago, Nick the Greek said:

Judging from some of the regular crew around here, and HOUSE’s snappy GIFs, I bet TBD-TSW could give a good version of that review.  SDS might have to back the language filter off (and ramp up the spellcheck ?).

4 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

So why is barstool killing it? I can’t stand it to be honest. It’s like buzzfeed for wanna be jocks and frat boys. 

it's not that at all.  but that is how the common person talks about sports and things in general.  funny thing is they're pretty liberal but they leave that stuff out most of the time but it does sneak in there.  

Leftspin has been a joke for years. Had to stop reading when every article just was crying about Trump, Barstool and calling everyone that didn’t agree with them racist.

Go Bills!!!!

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Barstool has expanded to a Brand; merchandise, podcasts, diverse content, appearances on Fox Business, celebrity endorsements, etc. while Deadspin only targeted people “triggered” by their own shadow

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BillsDude said:

So you do not think Republicans use sports for their anti-liberal and pro-conservative talking points?  

We’re talking about sports journalism based.  

Where do you see conservative bias in sports journalism, aside from Will Cain and Clay Travis?  (Who are both popular because they represent the pushback to liberal bias in sports journalism lately)

Barstool probably leans a bit right but Portnoy makes it very clear that he has no political agenda... he just cares about money.   They rail on “woke culture”, which is sad that this is considered “conservative”.. it should just be common sense. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BillsDude said:

All while the nfl was sending the military a bill so they can recruit minors in the disguise of patriotism. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re talking about sports journalism based.  

Where do you see conservative bias in sports journalism, aside from Will Cain and Clay Travis?  (Who are both popular because they represent the pushback to liberal bias in sports journalism lately)

Barstool probably leans a bit right but Portnoy makes it very clear that he has no political agenda... he just cares about money.   They also rail on “woke culture”, which is sad that this is considered “conservative”.. it should just be common sense. 

That is an easy question to answer. Anytime sports is used for either party’s agenda, like when sports teams are invited to, or show up to, the White House, when political advertisements on big scoreboards are used during games, when Presidents show up to big games to try to get positive media political attention , and when them or their supporters who put party over country, tweet or vocalize publicly  political either negative or positive messages about sports related positions, players and teams, that is with purpose to create political sports journalism stories and messages, helpful to their cause.

No wonder why fans are showing signs of getting fed up with political grandstanding using sports  to spread their political media messages. The more it happens, the more sports fans will clap back and bite them in their rears as we have free speech after all too, and not just them, and we will show our displeasure in the stands, polls and through protests soon to if need be, not only against those journalists who are spreading distortions and lies, but against those politicians too who have agendas to take advantage of us all during mostly big sports moments or when it is convenient to them, to use sports to get more to side with their base. 

Edited by BillsDude
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I feel like Deadspin is primarily responsible for bringing Bills fans' idiotic table slamming ways to the national spotlight.  They were definitely the ones who broke the "drinking from girl's butt," story.

Did they create "Bills Mafia?"