I'm sick of hearing about "metrics" in evaluating the Bills

PUNT750

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

THANK YOU for the intelligent and informative replies.  I have coached teams (baseball) for many years.  I KNOW you can't win games with players that have just great metrics.  A guy that hits a HR every few games but is a liability in the field may have wonderful metrics.  Winning games is a statistic that can be measured.  I see the phrase "great metrics" for a player that doesn't have great statistics as a prop. 

Aren't you arguing against your own position?

A player that is a liability in the field but perhaps doesn't commit many scored errors would presumably field poorly in ways that could be measured - METRICS

If he hits Home Runs - he might have great KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS

So he would be bad at something you poo-poo (metrics that aren't KPIs or common statistics) and good at something you extoll (HR, a KPI)

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Punctuation saves lives

I'm not your bro, but while you're jumping back and forth between subjects in a blissfully punctuation free screed, do you ever, I dunno, like, look at a box score or peruse a stat sheet or pause to consider some facts? 

I do suspect I know the answer, but for the sake of completeness I figured I'd ask

I don't need mental gymnastics, I have facts.  Was Mariota lighting the world on fire, No.  Was he doing enough to have his team in the lead or in a close game in 4 of the 6 games he played, yes.  Tannehill has played 2 1/2 games, and while they've been better QBing, it's not been a "completely different team".  In fact if I pasted up 2 games from each of them I bet you couldn't tell who was who. 

Let's try shall we?  Here you go, Bright Eyes, tell us which 2 games are Trashy Mariota and which 2 are Terrific Tannehill.  No peekin' at the box scores now.

image.thumb.png.7bfd003d5ad42ec25c97cded55279364.png

very simple because mariota turned over the ball and tannehill didnt. again our best win is vs a team we scored 14 points against, a team who also has 3 garbage wins. we didnt do anything vs the 2 teams on the upper half of the league. thats just a fact. I bet you think the bengals was a great win as well. you can pull those box scores all you want but with tannehilll they actually convert 3rd downs. regardless titans arent a top 15 team and anyone whose not a homer would admit that. another team with 3 garbage wins and we only put up 14. we suck vs good defenses, pats, titans, and didnt do anything vs average philly. we have only beaten the lowest of the low. and if really want to convince yourself titans was an amazing win go ahead. thats ONE

Edited by FreeMaxB585

5 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

very simple because mariota turned over the ball and tannehill didnt. again our best win is vs a team we scored 14 points against, a team who also has 3 garbage wins. we didnt do anything vs the 2 teams on the upper half of the league. thats just a fact. I bet you think the bengals was a great win as well. you can pull those box scores all you want but with tannehilll they actually convert 3rd downs. regardless titans arent a top 15 team and anyone whose not a homer would admit that. another team with 3 garbage wins and we only put up 14. we suck vs good defenses, pats, titans, and didnt do anything vs average philly. we have only beaten the lowest of the low. and if really want to convince yourself titans was an amazing win go ahead. thats ONE

So which two are Mariota and which two are Tannehill?  Number 1,2,3,4 from top.  Go!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So which two are Mariota and which two are Tannehill?  Number 1,2,3,4 from top.  Go!

yea the 4-5 titans are so damn good your right. you know mariota was benched for a reason right? and I already said if you want to tell yourself that thats fine, fact is even they are 4-5 with 3 garbage wins and we only scored 14 against them, a d where kyle allen is lighting up. NO wins vs teams with winning records, with numerous vs the worst of the worst

im happy we have what have but have to be a little realistic

Edited by FreeMaxB585