Seattle Seahawks Have "Gig Posters" for Games

May Day 10

I collect gig posters from shows I have been to (as well as branched off into some others and other screen print art).  These things look outstanding matted, framed, etc.  

The Seahawks crossed the rubicon.  They picked Ames Bros (a Seattle poster/apparel artist who create a lot of gig posters). In a way, Im glad the Bills dont do this, at least my anxiety and wallet are happy.... but these are awesome.  Some remind me of the cool NFL/AFL program art from the 60's.

https://crosscut.com/2019/10/seahawks-draft-seattle-artists-new-series-game-day-posters

kc0evmonvzltln3hmrme

dmr5vcqzzvrau7xrca6n

u2bkcjeonqaslmtbtdw9

suzds3cdyxdceqwab7fw

dgswfv7exqzpqstnaqkn

I think this is doable with Buffalo's robust art community.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I collect gig posters from shows I have been to (as well as branched off into some others and other screen print art).  These things look outstanding matted, framed, etc.  

The Seahawks crossed the rubicon.  They picked Ames Bros (a Seattle poster/apparel artist who create a lot of gig posters). In a way, Im glad the Bills dont do this, at least my anxiety and wallet are happy.... but these are awesome.  Some remind me of the cool NFL/AFL program art from the 60's.

https://crosscut.com/2019/10/seahawks-draft-seattle-artists-new-series-game-day-posters

kc0evmonvzltln3hmrme

dmr5vcqzzvrau7xrca6n

u2bkcjeonqaslmtbtdw9

suzds3cdyxdceqwab7fw

dgswfv7exqzpqstnaqkn

I think this is doable with Buffalo's robust art community.  

These are awesome thank you for sharing!

The Ravens one is hilarious.  

What's the meaning of the Rams one?  Or isn't there one?  

The Bills would need wheelbarrows to move the money into the bank if they offered these to fans.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

Pretty darn cool, if do say so myself, would be cool if Buffalo did these, or some motivated entrepreneur in the area.

7 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Bills would need wheelbarrows to move the money into the bank if they offered these to fans.  

The thing with these is... typically, they are limited edition.  So the artist may print like 2,000 or so for the event, then sign and number another 100 of them and sell them from their web site (which are typically worth more).  They also might create some variants with mixing up the colors or printing some on 'foil' paper.  

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Why can’t we have nice things like this exactly? 

I could see the Pegulas doing something like this.

As an aside, I was trying to see if I could purchase these.  I was led to the Seahawks' 'One Buffalo" app alternative.  It was the same interface.  Under 'gameday experiences', you could order the prints (and pick them up in person).  However, I did notice, their gameday experiences dwarfed what the Bills offer.  The bills only have 1 available:  go to the field post game.  The Seahawks have a bunch of cool stuff.  Kicking field goals after the game would be cool.

https://www.seahawks.com/game-day/experiences/

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Nobody beats our art...

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a4605da8b534b3c0caa717d7f81f83ee.jpg

If I had to get a tattoo of this thing to cover my whole back for a SB  win I would leave work right now and RUN to the nearest TATTOO shop !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and have multiple Ames Bros posters.

As you said, it's a good thing the Bills don't do this, otherwise I'd be a lot poorer and have a bunch of posters I don't have room for in my home. As it is, I have a backlog of Pearl Jam posters that I don't have space for.

Still, very cool. Not gonna lie: Despite being happy for monetary reasons, I am also jealous. These posters are dope.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and have multiple Ames Bros posters.

As you said, it's a good thing the Bills don't do this, otherwise I'd be a lot poorer and have a bunch of posters I don't have room for in my home. As it is, I have a backlog of Pearl Jam posters that I don't have space for.

Still, very cool. Not gonna lie: Despite being happy for monetary reasons, I am also jealous. These posters are dope.

Not to mention anxiety, having to enter the gates when they open, bringing a poster tube to games, etc...  ha.  

• Like (+1) 1