Bill Callahan announces that Dwayne Haskins will make first NFL start Sunday vs Bills

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Estro said:

The Bills just won the game.  Haskins is awful.  In the game appearances I've seen of him this year he looks absolutely lost.  No chance he can lead that team to a win in Buffalo this Sunday.

Can't believe this kid actually mocked the Giants for taking Jones over him but then again so did a lot of Giants fans. D.Jones may or may not be the answer but he's well ahead of Haskins who has proven he's more athlete than cerebral QB. 

3 minutes ago, par73 said:

Playing a really lousy schedule, every Bills game has been a struggle to the end. I expect nothing different here. And if the D plays the way it has the past two weeks, they can find a way to lose.

honest

most fans are too Bills-struck to see the truth in this

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Can't believe this kid actually mocked the Giants for taking Jones over him but then again so did a lot of Giants fans. D.Jones may or may not be the answer but he's well ahead of Haskins who has proven he's more athlete than cerebral QB. 

To be fair, he’s barely played. This was the 1st week he’s even practiced with the starters. Jones has been the full time starter since week 3. Also where/how/why has he proven to be an athlete and not cerebral? Kind of the opposite description of who he is. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Haskins isn't really athletic at all; Jones is. Haskins is a classic pocket passer. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Expect the Skins to pound the rock about 40 times or more. Stop the run and this should be a comfortable Bills win. 24-10 Bills.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, crap...

Exactly. If the Bills could have stopped the run last week, we'd be 6-1 right now.

So now that skins will play rookie QB will we be here SUN PM saying?

"Bills should of let Haskins throw more to there WR core cuz it led to Bills loosing!"

Starting to work on my TSW grammar.

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oy vay zmir  !!!

4 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I won't be happy unless we make him see ghosts.

Think he may see his life flash before his eyes ( before his first snap of the ball )  I would also recommend an extra pair of underwear 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Offensive will be using the "17 point" game book.  Any points scored more than that will need to be scored by the defense.

I hope I'm wrong.

There was a reason they didn't add anyone to the offense at the trade deadline. McDermott believes the offense has room to grow. The starting offense is still developing.. They haven't played together for two complete months. The season is a marathon not a sprint.

Just now, DRA3196 said:

There was a reason they didn't add anyone to the offense at the trade deadline. McDermott believes the offense has room to grow. The starting offense is still developing.. They haven't played together for two complete months. The season is a marathon not a sprint.

well, half the season is a pretty good chunk to base a theory on...

I think there's two competing issues here:

1)  How will Haskin's do against the Bills?  He's been horrible so far in limited action:

Haskins stats so far this year: 12/22;  54% completion;  for 140 yards;  0 TD's & 4 INT's;  QB rating of 34.5.

But he obviously will benefit from a long week of working with the 1st team and being part of the game plan.  But even with that said if our defense is even half as good as we think it is Haskins should struggle in Buffalo on Sunday.

2)  How will Haskin's do as an NFL QB?  This is a different answer and having watched all his games at the Ohio State University I think the odds are that he will be a solid NFL QB.  He has some deficiencies, such as mobility.  But he also throws a beautiful ball and can make all the throws.  If the Bill's allow him to get comfortable in the pocket he might very well hit a couple of deep shots against us.

As for those saying they would have preferred Case Keenum?  I'm not sure of the logic here as his stats aren't bad:

Keenum's stats so far this year:  126/188;  67% completion;  for 1343 yards;  9 TD's & 4 INT's;  QB rating of 94.8

Yea, we have a lot more film on him but he strikes me a a guy that can get hot hit the short passes and have long, time consuming drives.  Kind of like he was doing at Minn before the concussion.

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Haskins is lost out there and the Redskins running backs are all banged up.  Pressure, pressure, pressure!

That's what the Bills defense should do on Sunday but I don't see them doing it. For some reason they don't blitz a lot. If their secondary is so good they should have no reason not to blitz.